Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

3 new recalls! wtf

STONER-X

Reaction score
do the mats still say "tacoma" on the side??? i have truck mats in the X cause i didn't want to ruin the nice floor mats with everyday use... i use them when i go see the X crew and we have a little "show" or something to keep her looking classy...... im gonna move the truck mats to my new D driver and put the tacoma mats back in the X......

2006nightrider

Reaction score
The recall is optional on every vehicle that it has been introduced on. You do not have to get it done if you don't want to. One of the first things a service writer should be doing is checking for open recalls on the vehicle. The ecu programming is something everyone should do. If you aren't happy with them cutting your pedal, request a full replacement pedal. They are readily available and look like the factory one just a bit smaller.
Correct.
Your right, the reflash does stop you from being able to do burnouts. i asked and also said not that i do anyways lol, cuz i dont but who knows.. lol
1. All this info can be found here: http://www.xr-underground.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=33609

2. FYI - The reflash that causes your engine to shut down when both brake and gas pedals are pressed at the same time doesn't engage unless you are going 25mph or faster.

T0LLPHR33

"Catwoman"
Reaction score
2. FYI - The reflash that causes your engine to shut down when both brake and gas pedals are pressed at the same time doesn't engage unless you are going 25mph or faster.

ok good to know...was going to say did Toyota figure out a way to prevent us from burning out...:laugh:

KAuss

Reaction score
Does this mean the flash takes away from being able to heel toe?

KAuss

Reaction score
Yes if ur going 25mph or faster. This info is 2 posts before urs bTW

I read exactly that, but sometimes it's not about what you read online, but just asking the question and actually confirming what you've read...

Well, it's been forever and a half since I've read up on anything and Toyota had seem to forgot to mail me a notice, but now that I know, I won't be touching that flash at all...

How can they make a decision like this to begin with? Take heel toe out of their sports truck? Mmmmm.... Ok...

Thanks BTW...

bombs

"Affliction Guy"
Reaction score
Same here and I denied it too. But they didn't mention the reflash, I wonder why not?

babyboi2284

BaggedXR2284
Reaction score
bombs said:
Same here and I denied it too. But they didn't mention the reflash, I wonder why not?

Maybe you already have it. I read that you plan to go boosted when you get back....you might wanna call a dealer and give them your vin # and see if your truck has it already. I dunno if it's true but someone said that if you have the recall reflash then a TRD reflash won't work.

myxruns

Reaction score
Dont know when the recall came out about the gas and brake, but I bought mine in 2009 and it was already done. Not happy about that AT ALL!!!!

I just got my oil changed yesterday afternoon and they finally asked me about the pedal recal but they said we have 3 recalls for you.

1. Cut pedal 1\2 in off
2. Remove a peice of underlay from under carpet
3. Put a program in the ECU so that way if you hit the brake pedal and the gas together it wont let you.

I said it aint happening lol, and signed off on it. The only one thing i did let them do was take the small peice of underlay out which helps but they are not touching my pedal or ECU. Phuck that!

They could at least order pedals in if it was that big of an issue, who wants their pedal hacked at psssht!

I am in the process also about finding out more about our T\O bearings, I will be bringing mine in next week. I mentioned the Sleeve kit to them and they want to see the threads of all the problems we have been having. These guys at my local toyota will go the extra mile for you, I hope they instal my sleeve kit for me later ;) I will get a replacement T\O first though.

gearhead899

Reaction score
so basically with this recall fix, its actually an anti burnout mod... EFF THAT! lol and btw they will have to go through me and the baseball bat in my back seat if they think they are gonna hack up my gas pedal :laugh:

boxerpicker

Reaction score
but i like to do butnouts thru 2nd :rofl:

exactly! same here. lol:blurock:

i work at honda dealership. they have been doing that kind of program since like 2004 or 2005. engine will close throttle if the pedal stay at same postion for more than somewhat 3 seconds. if you keep moving gas pedal and it wont shut down. im not sure if toyota does same thing or not.

Last edited:

scoutdeed69

Reaction score
So ya'll are talking about these recalls...Well don't be suprised, they just came out with a new safety recall again. 05-11 Tacoma's Access Cab's

Has any one received it yet?

Its about your seat belts, right now its just the 1st notice. once they remedy the this recall the dealership will get the parts...then we all can take the X in to get it fix....yeaaah

Rob

chatt x

Reaction score
^^ it's been mentioned in another thread. Something about a lock washer and yes, got mine today.

mekadon

Reaction score
You have the option to get new gas pedals. They wont tell you so ask for it.

Top Bottom