Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

After 10 long days

XDsm

Reaction score
Got to pick up my XD40 .40 S&W Service model. Man it was like being a kid waiting for Christmas:laugh: Going to take it to the range this weekend and break her in.

XD40003.jpg

XD40004.jpg

XD40005.jpg

Yardie

"The Jamaican"
Reaction score
That thing is gnarly looking dude. Congrats on the purchase.

KETCHUP

Reaction score
vera nice. I need to get me some heat too.

XDsm

Reaction score
I've been wanting to pick up a handgun for awhile. Next up is a shotgun, I got my eye on a Mossberg 590.

Looking forward to the range this weekend. I don't know about the rest of you gun owners but handgun ammo is sure damn hard to find around here. Everyone seems to be sold out of the good stuff:thumpdown:

SX TOY

Reaction score
yes it has. a friend of mine that owns a range is consider selling his business because he is worried about the future of ammo and gun laws. congrats on a sweet ass xd

06XR-SW

Reaction score
thats whats up dude thats exactly what i want!!! have some fun with that!!!!:rockon:

Venomous_X

Reaction score
. I don't know about the rest of you gun owners but handgun ammo is sure damn hard to find around here. Everyone seems to be sold out of the good stuff:thumpdown:
whats sad is all the people on the street can find it easier than some beer brands.....sad isnt it? :thumpdown: Nice purchase!

05Xrunner

Reaction score
its a nice gun and shoots good..had my XD 4" .40 for about 5years now.
JOND2085.jpg

XDsm

Reaction score
Nice to see a fellow XD owner on here. Do you run any accessories with yours? I was looking at maybe getting the Tritium sights for mine.

Any of you guys running reloaded ammo? I picked up some rounds from Ammo Brothers out in this area and I will try them out this weekend. If they work out it will save me money on rounds for plinging plus they usually always have the reloads in stock. I am just worried about any long term affects on running reloads. I also was able to score a box of Federal rounds that I will keep at home for now.

Gadget

Reaction score
Have you heard about the new federal tax on guns? You now have to list each gun you own on your fed tax return and pay a tax on them if they are reg or not.

If you don't you face a fed tax violation.

Our government is out of control.

G

05Xrunner

Reaction score
Nice to see a fellow XD owner on here. Do you run any accessories with yours? I was looking at maybe getting the Tritium sights for mine.

Any of you guys running reloaded ammo? I picked up some rounds from Ammo Brothers out in this area and I will try them out this weekend. If they work out it will save me money on rounds for plinging plus they usually always have the reloads in stock. I am just worried about any long term affects on running reloads. I also was able to score a box of Federal rounds that I will keep at home for now.
As long as the reloads are not hot loaded you should be fine..If they are under powered probably will Jam alot though..You can get Federal 50rd boxes of 40 a walmart for 13bucks..I got Federal 45 there last week for 15bucks. They have the 100rd value pack of Winchester as well for 29bucks...40 and 9mm are all over..I am having a hell of a time finding 45 that is not grossly over priced.

That is the first time I have ever heard anything about a gun tax..No dealer has ever mentioned it and they can kiss my ass..already taxed enough.

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
in NY it takes about 6 months to get a permit to own a pistol.

You need to have a deposit on the gun you want during the entire process

You need 6 non family members that will vouch that you should own one

You need to be fingerprinted by the sheriff

You need to take a long expensive safety class

You need to be approved in front of a judge in court and then you still may not get a full carry permit

However... You can walk into your local walmart or any other gun store and buy any kind of rifle / shotgun (including assault rifles) in about 15 mins (in and out). Just fill out the federal background check form, get approved, and walk out.

THE MACF

Reaction score
Guns are nothing. We should tax the hell out of the ammo. That way you know you're really gonna shoot someone. I think Chris Rock said that abut 6 years ago.

It's already .50 a bullet anyway.

05Xrunner

Reaction score

You need to be approved in front of a judge in court and then you still may not get a full carry permit

sucks to live in NY...here in PA we use to walk in and 15min later walk out with it..they changed it now so when you send it in you gotta wait for a yellow card like a license photo card..But when i renewed this year that only took 3days

XDsm

Reaction score
As long as the reloads are not hot loaded you should be fine..If they are under powered probably will Jam alot though..You can get Federal 50rd boxes of 40 a walmart for 13bucks..I got Federal 45 there last week for 15bucks. They have the 100rd value pack of Winchester as well for 29bucks...40 and 9mm are all over..I am having a hell of a time finding 45 that is not grossly over priced.

I can't find ammo for the life of me at Walmart. Every Walmart within 20 miles of my house is out of stock. It's pretty ridiculous around here right now getting a hold of handgun ammo.

You need to take a long expensive safety class

However... You can walk into your local walmart or any other gun store and buy any kind of rifle / shotgun (including assault rifles) in about 15 mins (in and out). Just fill out the federal background check form, get approved, and walk out.

Wow are you serious? I would expect something like that in California. Is that just to purchase a handgun or is that just for if you want to conceal carry? I know conceal carry is just about impossible to get in California.

05Xrunner

Reaction score
I can't find ammo for the life of me at Walmart. Every Walmart within 20 miles of my house is out of stock. It's pretty ridiculous around here right now getting a hold of handgun ammo.
Thats how it is in my area with 45..There is tons and tons of 40 and 9mm at all the walmarts though. Over all it does seem like there is alot of ammo that sold right after christmas and it hasnt been restocked yet.

Militia

Reaction score
Lucky you guys having 40 and 9 in stock. I can't find any anywhere. I put in a order a while back with Federal for hallow points but have not seen them yet.

Regarding reloads, you have to be careful if your shooting them with a polymer gun. If they are not consistant they can screw up your gun. I bought some a while back and found 3 9mm rounds mixed with the 40 I bought. So now I just stick with factory loaded ammo.

05Xrunner

Reaction score
Lucky you guys having 40 and 9 in stock. I can't find any anywhere. I put in a order a while back with Federal for hallow points but have not seen them yet.

Regarding reloads, you have to be careful if your shooting them with a polymer gun. If they are not consistant they can screw up your gun. I bought some a while back and found 3 9mm rounds mixed with the 40 I bought. So now I just stick with factory loaded ammo.

:hmmmm2: Unless the rounds are beyond hot loaded to the fact can hardly get the bullet into the shell..I cant see how anything would ever damage the gun. they might not cycle as well if inconsistent. But I HIGHLY doubt damage would occur.

Helimx

"Dutch Rudder Master"
Reaction score
Ya I've got the XDM 40. LOVE IT. it wasn't the "gun of the year" for nothing. lol
I went and bought a Viridian green laser sight for it . for as much as that laser cost, I'm not too impressed with it. I mean ya, I can see it during daylight, but the beam is kinda weird. it projects a "dot" but it also has a "line" that is projected also. kinda hard to explain. and sighting it in is a bitch.

as far as buying a gun, all I have to do is go in, show them my CCW permit, and bam, sold, out the door.
ammo is expensive as hell up here though. the best deal for new ammo I've found in a store is 250 rounds for $100. I know I can get them cheaper if I buy bulk, but my guy considers "bulk" to be 5,000+ rounds. lol.

great pistol you got there man, you'll love it.

Super Werty

Reaction score
I was over at my neighbors house the other day and he was making his own ammo on this crazy looking machine. All in all he had over 20,000 rounds in his "safe room"

needless to say after seeing that, not only do I want to buy a pistol and rifle but I know where to run when in trouble:laugh:

Top Bottom