Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

After 10 long days

Helimx

"Dutch Rudder Master"
Reaction score
and 05xrunner, hot loads CAN definitely cause damage.

image004gn.jpg

By prezc at 2010-01-20
image003em.jpg

By prezc at 2010-01-20
image002yl.jpg

By prezc at 2010-01-20
image001qu.jpg

By prezc at 2010-01-20

XDsm

Reaction score
Holy hell that gun got fudged up:eek: What do you guys mean by hot loaded?

The reloads I did pick up were from Ammo Bros in Cerritos. A lot of the guys over on Calguns.net seem to vouch for them. I also was able to get some factory ammo as well but as I said before you can through weeks/months before you see it again around here. Rifle and shotgun rounds are super plentiful.

I am looking to pick up a Mossberg 590 shotgun. Anyone have any experience with them?

05Xrunner

Reaction score
i never said anything that hot loads couldnt cause damage thats basically what i said... but the chance of it happening are slim..i have seen issues like that from factory loads as well...There is always a chance..i just didnt get why it was pointed at polymer pistols.
hot loads are when the shell has more gun powder in it then the standard amount should be..giving it more power.

RJDoute

"My Salami Nipples Ooze Milk"
Reaction score
Nice pistol! I run the Sigma 40
smith_and_wesson_120023.jpg

Very nice weapon, but the trigger squeeze is -awful-

I really need to get it smithed down to something like 4 lbs. I think it comes stock with a 12 lb. trigger

XDsm

Reaction score
That Sigma looks sick:rockon: I think my local range has a Sigma for rental so I might try one out sometime.

Militia

Reaction score
i never said anything that hot loads couldnt cause damage thats basically what i said... but the chance of it happening are slim..i have seen issues like that from factory loads as well...There is always a chance..i just didnt get why it was pointed at polymer pistols.
hot loads are when the shell has more gun powder in it then the standard amount should be..giving it more power.

I am sorry for pointing it at polymer guns. But I have seen two flocks with ported barrels and slides screwed up because they were shooting reloads threw them. And these were brand new guns too. The barrel ended up with a crack on them from the port to the tip. Also have you read the owners manual for your polymer gun? Most polymer and new steel guns say not to shoot re loads.

XDsm

Reaction score
Took the XD to the range today. Fires great. Being a 4in barrel you get some kick but everything is smooth and tight on the gun. I went with a buddy of mine who brought his Glock 22. The Glock was a little lighter and both had good accuracy. The only thing I don't like about the new generation Glocks is their grip has an aggressive pattern. My buddy's hand was rubbed red after firing a hundred or so rounds. The XD grip was much more comfortable but the XD did have more recoil than the Glock.

2010-01-23144327.jpg

The Ammo Bros reloads were pretty nice actually. Fired cleanly and we both didn't notice any difference when switching between them and factory Winchesters. The reloaded ammo at the range looked dirty though. I wouldn't feel comfortable running it as steady ammo.

XDsm

Reaction score
Picked up another new addition:rockon:

Mossberg500002.jpg

Mossberg500004.jpg

Mossberg500006.jpg

chadfo

Reaction score
Nice weapons!

I think it's funny to hear all the difficulty it takes to get a handgun in other states. In SC they have an express line. They do an immediate background check on the phone and if it's clean, you walk out with a handgun. The only thing faster is buying a rifle/shotgun at Wal-Mart.

brolo7

Reaction score
I have an XDM .40 and Love the 16 + 1 = swiss cheezee to mee!! Love Mine!! Just Bought a Ruger LCP .380 for concealed carry and its actually a nice shooting small pocket gun!! Perfect for what i need for shooting gators while im trying to change a tire down here in da south, haha! Just did my taxes also and didnt have to disclose anything to the tax ppl, they never asked?? Hummmm did that law actually pass?

chadfo

Reaction score
I have an XDM .40 and Love the 16 + 1 = swiss cheezee to mee!! Love Mine!! Just Bought a Ruger LCP .380 for concealed carry and its actually a nice shooting small pocket gun!! Perfect for what i need for shooting gators while im trying to change a tire down here in da south, haha! Just did my taxes also and didnt have to disclose anything to the tax ppl, they never asked?? Hummmm did that law actually pass?

Friday, May 29, 2009 In the last few weeks, NRA-ILA has received hundreds of e-mails warning us about “SB-2099,” a bill that would supposedly require you to report all your guns on your income tax return every April 15.
Like many rumors, there’s just a grain of truth to this one. Someone’s recycling an old alert, which wasn’t even very accurate when it was new.
There actually was a U.S. Senate bill with that number that would have taxed handguns—nine years ago. It was introduced by anti-gun Sen. Jack Reed (D-R.I.), and it would have included handguns under the National Firearms Act’s tax and registration scheme. This has nothing to do with anyone’s Form 1040, of course.
Fortunately, S. 2099 disappeared without any action by the Senate, back when Bill Clinton was still in the White House. We reported about it back then, just as we report about new anti-gun bills every week. Now, it’s time for gun owners to drop this old distraction and focus on the real threats at hand.

blank.gif
Copyright 2010, National Rifle Association of America, Institute for Legislative Action.
This may be reproduced. It may not be reproduced for commercial purposes.
11250 Waples Mill Road, Fairfax, VA 22030 800-392-8683

x ynot

Reaction score
i love guns only one and a half more years till i can buy and carry hand guns:rock:

XDsm

Reaction score
Don't have to with a shotgun! :laugh:

:laugh: Pretty much. Plus the clack-clack sound it makes when you slide the action is enough to make anyone reconsider:ahhhhh:

I plan on going next weekend to the range to break it in. Also get some more rounds through my XD40. Only thing that sucks about the range is when using shotguns I have to use their reloaded slugs:thumpdown:

XDsm

Reaction score
This deal kind of fell on my lap, wasn't planning to pick one up but couldn't pass this up. Got this today, it's a Daniel Defense DDXV.

firearms002copy.jpg

firearms003copy.jpg

firearms004copy.jpg

XDsm

Reaction score
I have the same pistol, I LOVE IT!

I like the XD40 as well, fits my hand better than my friend's Glock 22. Can't wait to try out the AR15, I'm going Memorial weekend out to the public land in the desert with some friends.

Top Bottom