Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

All wheel Drive looking X Runner

Braking Bad

Reaction score
Its not the half inch holes but 4 of these studs

Attachments

• 1382889296369.jpg
    1382889296369.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 149

TRON

Reaction score
^^^ thats interesting... The 1/2 inch holes seem to line up right spacing wise for the plastic supports in this application. Probably try and attach the plastic supports on the side skirts first. Cause the side skirt bolts right up with no fabrication. I can always drill and tap the threads for the plastic supports; just need to find out exactly where they go. Unfortunately, the front inner wheel well covers are a different mold/shape. Thanks for the help man; much appreciated!!!

Looking at your picture again. I bet that's where Toyota would have dropped the threads.

Braking Bad

Reaction score
doh' now i remember from taking it off. The half inch holes are for the red clips to the plastic pieces thats why they line up.

TRON

Reaction score
Who ever the engineer was that designed the attachment process for the XR body kit was completely loco:motz: Due to so many pieces easily broken off this kit; im thinking outside the box for a better attachment design. Lots of trouble shooting today; however, I think I have found my set up... Anybody got an adhesive thats the best for plastic to plastic? I'm planning on using plastic weld; its a two liquid mix.

The dremel is my best friend and I have cut the 2 front pieces to fit my sport flares on each side. Cut all the slots on my front bumper for the tabs to fit snug. trd sport was right, there are pre made slots on the back side of the bumper. Cut one side of the side skirt to fit. Everything else should go more smoothly now that I have a plan.:top:

thanks for all the help thus far!!!

hrspwr236

Reaction score
JB weld help repair my broken tabs on the body kit and was the strongest piece on the truck

Clifford

because race truck
Reaction score
This looks promising, looking forward to see it all come together and get painted.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
I have Caltracs. More than just Bolt-on with the TR kit. Bud Built would likely be easier.

Last edited:

hiflyer

Reaction score
have to agree that the URD traction bar is the schnizz

TRON

Reaction score
Well I test fitted some custom pieces the other day with some adhesive. I'm planning on modifying the locations for an even better fit. This adhesive called devcon plastic welder is a two epoxy mix. Highly recommended; had a hard time getting the test pieces off lol. It's been 35 degrees and rainy here. Hope the weather clears for the weekend

TRON

Reaction score
Here is my solution for attaching this body kit... Letting the adhesive cure over night; and attaching with zip ties tomorrow! Anybody know where to get that rubber weather stripping that is attached to the body kit?
image.jpg

Last edited:

TRON

Reaction score
^^^Yeah you can actually buy that specific piece of weather stripping for any piece on the body kit lol toyota. I would like to buy a whole roll and re-due each body kit piece since my flares were cut. I would continue the weather stripping all the way end to end rather than stopat the fender like the originals. Maybe some one will chime in and find the website I need!!!

TRON

Reaction score
Well custom fitting this body kit is no joke! Lots of trial and error. I'm getting close yet still need to fine tune all the pieces. Behind the xtra cab section will definitely be the hardest
image.jpg

Last edited:

TRON

Reaction score
image.jpg

Here is a custom cut for one wheel flare. Want to find the same rubber weather stripping to continue through

hrspwr236

Reaction score
Nice work, its looking good, can't wait till its all done!

06 xrunner

Reaction score
View attachment 19122

Here is a custom cut for one wheel flare. Want to find the same rubber weather stripping to continue through

I had to get some of that mounding when I removed the plastic piece just below the lower grill.
Its toyota part# 75696-04040

It's coming along nicely man looks good

Top Bottom