Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

amsoil night and day difference

zr2ee

Reaction score
does anyone else find it weird that we're living in the 21st century and we still use dipsticks?

revobreaker

Staff member
Reaction score
Ive been using Mobil 1 in all my vehicles over the last 10 or so years and it has never let me down either. The thing is, Amsoil is so expensive. Really though, i know that it is better and all that, but if something else is working fine then why throw money away on fluids?

Hell, i used to use regular old Valvoline in my 347ci Stroker engined Mustang for 8 years and never had any issues. When i sold it, the guy swapped a Ford big block into it( i want to say 460?) When he sold the 347 he said it was in immaculate shape.

I really do not think we HAVE to use killer oil in our trucks as long as we change the oil and filter when we are supposed to. I just put whatever is the cheapest oil at wally world in the wife's 2007 Corolla S. Been doing it since we bought it new. The oil doesnt even look hardly dirty when i change it every 5000 miles. She's at 90k miles now.

Im curious to your cost difference between your mobil 1 and amsoil, I didnt think amsoil is more then $2 a quart more

I just got a new case of amsoil to change my x and the wifes corolla this weekend hopefully.

zacksblacktaco

Reaction score
did my oil change today. 5w30 amsoil... hope it improves my gas milage lol im down to 14.8:hmmmm2:

sixstringdave

Reaction score
Im curious to your cost difference between your mobil 1 and amsoil, I didnt think amsoil is more then $2 a quart more

I just got a new case of amsoil to change my x and the wifes corolla this weekend hopefully.

Just now saw your response to my post here. Sorry...

I pay around 25 bucks for a 5 quart jug of Mobil 1 from wally world. I havent checked prices of AMSoil in a long time cause when i did compare the 2 it was way more expensive.

Kevin S.

Reaction score
Just now saw your response to my post here. Sorry...

I pay around 25 bucks for a 5 quart jug of Mobil 1 from wally world. I havent checked prices of AMSoil in a long time cause when i did compare the 2 it was way more expensive.

Yep exactly - not sure if you guys are ever on "bobistheoilguy.com" but the cost of amsoil far outweighs the pros of the extra additives in the all amsoil lubes. I think the original poster benefited greatly because he changed all the fluids in the vehicle. I generally run a good synthetic oil 5w30 for these toyota motors. I have used mobil1 or ford motorcraft, hell even the cheapo walmart synthetic stuff and have run it in everything from a 2 stroke thumper, toyota 5VZ-1FE superchared, built 4g63's, 2.5 boxer subaru used for rally america- all of these motors were used hard and put away wet! Never had a single problem with oil breakdown - generally changed the oil at 3500 or 5k miles - depending on use. Blah I'm rambling lol

All gear oil I use redline/valvoline - never had a problem with that either! Last subaru I had - setup for rally - hit a bump and cracked the engine oil pan - leaked out about 3 qts of oil before i noticed - no damage to the motor!!!! This was with the walmart cheapo synthetic oil 5w30.

Also (not to crap on amsoil) most techs I have known used basic synthetic oil. Unless you have a racecar and need something completely different like a single weight synthetic race oil with lots of zinc

Murderface

Reaction score
It costs at least twice as much to run Amsoil then it does to run Mobil 1

zacksblacktaco

Reaction score
know a guy that switch from yota synthetic to amsoil and picked up 3mpg but it was a tundra

Top Bottom