Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Any BSP owners try this?

Murderface

Reaction score
Just happen to be near a Pep Boys today and needed some water based tire shine and epoxy. Saw this Turtlewax Black Box so I picked it up and started to read. For $20 bux I said phuck it and grabbed it on up. I didn't get a chance to use it yet but figured maybe someone on here may have.

http://www.turtlewax.com/main.taf?p=2,1,4,28

64c5179c.jpg

SE_XRUNNER

Reaction score
seems like you got a pretty good product there. let us know how it turns out bro. i always liked the turtle wax ice

GaX-Runner

Reaction score
yes it works very well...i used on my black x....takes forever to do and you will be sore by the time your done...but well worth the time spent

SLVRBRSS

Reaction score
Might have to try this. I saw it at O'Reilly's and was wondering too.

darthyota

Reaction score
ive been using the meguires nxt 2.0 or what ever it is with excellent results. biggest thing i find though is to clay bar the truck before every third wax

Emanon

Reaction score
Never heard of it. Good luck. :smile:

I use S100. Wipe one, wipe off no waiting for it to dry. Does not stain plastic trim either.

SicilianMobster

Reaction score
i did..... it looks ok.... it took FOREVER!!!!..... but IMO meguires gold class is the best. plus this wax doesnt stay on for very long at all. 25 washes at the :thumpdown:most

Tunedx

Reaction score
Don't even bother. Just get Zano wax. U won't be disappointed. That is all:top:

RumRunner

Reaction score
i have it and used it twice before i ditched it for a good paste wax.. the only reason i like it is because the wax is black and won't show on the edges of my clear bra.. if you spill it on your driveway it stains it instantly

qponde51

Reaction score
very good product make a bsp look sexy as all hell!! Takes for ever though

My68ur8trd

Reaction score
ZAINO.............

Half the effort and a deeper shine

Justin

Murderface

Reaction score
Don't even bother. Just get Zano wax. U won't be disappointed. That is all:top:

th for the info but being that u don't a BSP and have never used this stuff, u have no opinion of it. It's made for black paint and I have all those little swirl marks from years of hand washing and this is supposed to get them out.

If I can save myself from losing my truck for a day and not have to pay someone $200 to detail my truck then it's a win-win for me. I always use better wax then this stuff but really just need to see if it'll get rid of the fine swirl marks like it says it will. I have a adj speed buffer that I'll be using with.

Thx for the info guys even if u weren't a BSP and had not experience with this product:top:

Tunedx

Reaction score
th for the info but being that u don't a BSP and have never used this stuff, u have no opinion of it. It's made for black paint and I have all those little swirl marks from years of hand washing and this is supposed to get them out.

If I can save myself from losing my truck for a day and not have to pay someone $200 to detail my truck then it's a win-win for me. I always use better wax then this stuff but really just need to see if it'll get rid of the fine swirl marks like it says it will. I have a adj speed buffer that I'll be using with.

Thx for the info guys even if u weren't a BSP and had not experience with this product:top:

I tried the Zano on my wifes black 03 Civic. It removed all the swirls and brought the paint to new cond. Also u can see the blue pearl flake now. Bling Bling:biggrin:

Murderface

Reaction score
Let me start by saying that whoever complained about this turtlewax black box prods being difficult to remove mustve had no arms! It was very simple to use, didn't make any mess and REALLY does work!! My hood and tailgate look brand new and I can't wait till this weekend to finish it and post some pics. WOW my truck is black finally and I can see the flake in it:crinklehair:

just516in

Reaction score
3M clay bar, then sealent then pollish, then wax will do a better job!!!

SicilianMobster

Reaction score
It's made for black paint and I have all those little swirl marks from years of hand washing and this is supposed to get them out.
It doesnt do a very good job..... dont forget to spray the detailer ontop of the wax when removing it.... :dontknow: dont ask me why but thats what the directions say. its an ok wax but its definatly not worth the $30 or in your case $20 :thumpdown: no matter what you do black cars are always the biggest bitch to keep clean, wax, and get scratches&swirls out of. Its all in the prepwork if you want a good shine. I always do my truck in 5 or 6 steps.....
1) A good Clay bar
2) Paint Cleaner
3) Take care of any scratches w/ a fine cut cleaner. (Scratch Remover)
4) Remove the swirls left by the fine cut cleaner with a swirl remover.
5) re-do the whole truck with paint cleaner
6) THEN start waxing it with a GOOD wax (Meguires Gold Class looks pretty dam sexy :rockon:)
Am i missing anything? lol

KETCHUP

Reaction score
where is the detailer buff BlackCat on this one.

Murderface

Reaction score
It doesnt do a very good job..... dont forget to spray the detailer ontop of the wax when removing it.... :dontknow: dont ask me why but thats what the directions say. its an ok wax but its definatly not worth the $30 or in your case $20 :thumpdown: no matter what you do black cars are always the biggest bitch to keep clean, wax, and get scratches&swirls out of. Its all in the prepwork if you want a good shine. I always do my truck in 5 or 6 steps.....
1) A good Clay bar
2) Paint Cleaner
3) Take care of any scratches w/ a fine cut cleaner. (Scratch Remover)
4) Remove the swirls left by the fine cut cleaner with a swirl remover.
5) re-do the whole truck with paint cleaner
6) THEN start waxing it with a GOOD wax (Meguires Gold Class looks pretty dam sexy :rockon:)
Am i missing anything? lol

I'm very impressed with the little effort I had to put into using this for my truck and the results speak for themself. I did my hood and my tailgate the other day and about 90% of the fine scratches and swirl marks are GONE!

I will continue to use this because it worked for me and took little effort to get a near perfect result. Anyone that's going to the Va Beach meet will see for themselves.

Top Bottom