Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Anybody

dxrunner4me

Reaction score
I see XR's around so I know they are out there. I live in Auburn. Anybody close by? Would like to hook up with some other XR people.

stretch200

Reaction score
I live in portland, OR. :biggrin: not that it helps. But hey, we could have a meet sometime.

808X

Reaction score
I live in portland, OR. :biggrin: not that it helps. But hey, we could have a meet sometime.
I might be taking my X with me if I go to OSU. How is the weather in Oregon? HOw are the roads and etc. Tell me how life is!
Aloha

stretch200

Reaction score
I might be taking my X with me if I go to OSU. How is the weather in Oregon? HOw are the roads and etc. Tell me how life is!
Aloha

Dood! You should definitely go to OSU. My best friend goes there right now. Actually I'm driving down there next friday. The weather is nice. It rains a good part of the year, but not insanely. late spring and summer are the best though. Warm or hot and not rain. The roads are awesome!!! some roads are a little bumpy but there's TONS of twisties. I'm talking TONS!!!!!!! Let me know if you come. Maybe we could meet up. :top:

808X

Reaction score
Dood! You should definitely go to OSU. My best friend goes there right now. Actually I'm driving down there next friday. The weather is nice. It rains a good part of the year, but not insanely. late spring and summer are the best though. Warm or hot and not rain. The roads are awesome!!! some roads are a little bumpy but there's TONS of twisties. I'm talking TONS!!!!!!! Let me know if you come. Maybe we could meet up. :top:
Yah I'm probably gonna go to OSU ill let you know though. What is there to do in Corvaillis? Are there beaches to go surfing? Good food? I'd really appreciate your thoughts.
Thanks

stretch200

Reaction score
Yah I'm probably gonna go to OSU ill let you know though. What is there to do in Corvaillis? Are there beaches to go surfing? Good food? I'd really appreciate your thoughts.
Thanks

No beaches in Corvallis. But we do have beaches. They're just an hour or 2 away. I don't surf but I've seen people surfing at Oregon beaches. Yea, there's good food. I don't know much about what to do in Corvallis. It's mainly a college city so there's parties EVERYWHERE.

808X

Reaction score
No beaches in Corvallis. But we do have beaches. They're just an hour or 2 away. I don't surf but I've seen people surfing at Oregon beaches. Yea, there's good food. I don't know much about what to do in Corvallis. It's mainly a college city so there's parties EVERYWHERE.
Is it cold? If I go outside do I always need to wear a jacket? Whats the average temperature? How far away is Corvallis from Portland? Oh and are there snakes?

808X

Reaction score
Oh and what about the police? Are they strict or what? Should I get a radar detector?

stretch200

Reaction score
haha! well it depends on the cold. In the winter, yes, you need a jacket. It normally snows about once a year. It rains during spring but starts to get kinda warm. Then summer is really warm. like hot. Kinda like california but not quite so hot. Corvallis is about an hour away from Portland. Maybe 2 depending on traffic. The police are not really strict but they pull you over if you are speeding. I've personally gotten out of a lot of speeding tickets. A radar detector would be a great idea. I think a lot of cops up here use laser guns though. But you'll learn where the cops hang out and where to look for them. It's illegal in Oregon for cops to hide so you shouldn't have too much trouble seeing them on the side of the road.

808X

Reaction score
haha! well it depends on the cold. In the winter, yes, you need a jacket. It normally snows about once a year. It rains during spring but starts to get kinda warm. Then summer is really warm. like hot. Kinda like california but not quite so hot. Corvallis is about an hour away from Portland. Maybe 2 depending on traffic. The police are not really strict but they pull you over if you are speeding. I've personally gotten out of a lot of speeding tickets. A radar detector would be a great idea. I think a lot of cops up here use laser guns though. But you'll learn where the cops hang out and where to look for them. It's illegal in Oregon for cops to hide so you shouldn't have too much trouble seeing them on the side of the road.
Lol WHAT? illegal for cops to hide? In Hawaii cops ride in unmarked cars with just a tiny siren on top. Sometimes they dont even have their sirens on. The new sirens look like roof racks and the siren is a dark blue so you can barely see it. But if you say they cant hide maybe I dont need a radar detector then. Thanks for all the info. Maybe I'll be seeing you in a couple of months then. Maybe you can help me with that sick dashlight mod.

stretch200

Reaction score
I was just laughing at all the questions I guess. A radar detector would be good. Just because a cop can't hide behind a bush doesn't mean he's not in the open around a corner. Yea, if you come here, I'll definitely help you with that dashlight mod. Maybe by then I'll have figured out how to change the lights on the center console/headunit. :biggrin: :top:

808X

Reaction score
haha sorry about all these questions but im just interested in where Ill be going to school. One final question. Are there snakes? I hate snakes. If there are snakes are there alot?

stretch200

Reaction score
well, like anywhere, there are snakes. But you never see them unless you are in the wild, which you wouldn't be. besides, they aren't poisonous and I haven't seen a snake bigger than 3 feet. Nothing to worry about. :biggrin:

808X

Reaction score
well, like anywhere, there are snakes. But you never see them unless you are in the wild, which you wouldn't be. besides, they aren't poisonous and I haven't seen a snake bigger than 3 feet. Nothing to worry about. :biggrin:
Lol ok thats good to know I hate snakes...and in Hawaii there are no snakes in the wild :) I love Hawaii. Oh one more question, do alot of cars get stolen in Oregon? Cause there are quite a bit of thefts in hawaii. Thanks man! Lol im just trying to get a feel of the life in Oregon. Sorry about all these questions.

stretch200

Reaction score
no problem. If me answering your questions gets you to move to Oregon then I'm more than willing to help. No, a lot of cars don't get stolen in Oregon. I'm sure some do get stolen but as long as you have a new car/truck then you're fine.

808X

Reaction score
no problem. If me answering your questions gets you to move to Oregon then I'm more than willing to help. No, a lot of cars don't get stolen in Oregon. I'm sure some do get stolen but as long as you have a new car/truck then you're fine.

Yeah Im probably going to OSU my girlfriend got in there too so we are thinking of going together. Thanks for all your help. I'll keep in touch, it's good to know there are fellow XR's in Oregon :)

stretch200

Reaction score
hell yea. That'd be tight to go to college with your g/f. I didn't have that luxury. So yea, let me know when/if you are coming here. I'd love to get together and talk X's. :biggrin: Oh and there are a couple other XR guys around the portland area. One is on here, but never actually online. The others I just couldn't talk to because they were driving away and I was in my work truck. F250 POS. Bummer.

808X

Reaction score
hell yea. That'd be tight to go to college with your g/f. I didn't have that luxury. So yea, let me know when/if you are coming here. I'd love to get together and talk X's. :biggrin: Oh and there are a couple other XR guys around the portland area. One is on here, but never actually online. The others I just couldn't talk to because they were driving away and I was in my work truck. F250 POS. Bummer.
A F250 IS NOT A POS that is a mean truck esp lifted you are one lucky guy. You must be rich if you have 2 trucks. But yeah ill let u know in about a month or 2. I think May 1st I have to let the college know Im attending.
Im excited for Oregon oh and btw how far away is the airport from Corvallis?

stretch200

Reaction score
A F250 IS NOT A POS that is a mean truck esp lifted you are one lucky guy. You must be rich if you have 2 trucks. But yeah ill let u know in about a month or 2. I think May 1st I have to let the college know Im attending.
Im excited for Oregon oh and btw how far away is the airport from Corvallis?

hahaha! I wish. I know F250's are awesome. but the one I drive for work, is a 99 and has 285,000 miles. It's REALLY tired and doesn't drive worth •XR•XR•XR•XR. And it's not mine. It's my companies. Hopefully soon we'll get a NEW f250/350 and I'll be driving around happy!!

The airport is probably about 2 1/2 3 hours from corvallis. Maybe even 4 because of traffic to the airport. It all depends. The airport is on the north side of portland.

Top Bottom