Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Anyone have Code P2238?

TRON

Reaction score
Seems people with the APR X1 and UCON have had issues with code P2238.
This code P2238 is O2 Sensor Positive Current Ctrl Circ Low Bank1 Sensor 1

I'm wondering what could be causing this? I have v band clamps with no exhaust leaks so I know it's not that. Any insight on this would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Got that code regularly with the X-1. Check and make sure it is properly tightened down, the sensor, and plugged in. Weirdstuff happens sometimes.

Gadget

Reaction score
I have checked all the data bases and there is no code 2388 for Toyota that I can find.

G

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Lol. I just assumed it was the properly written code. Typed it in just now as posted, and it came up with some really strange finds.

Clearly, it is a different code. :laugh:

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Annnnnnd now the title is edited. ;)

Tunedx

Reaction score
At what point do u start changing parts if u get a check engine light that clears..

Gadget

Reaction score
So, what is really the code you are getting?

G

TRON

Reaction score
From my experience; once you get code 2238, there is nothing that can be done other than replace the o2 sensor in order to get out of limp mode on the x1 or ucon. Yes you could clear the CEL; however, that is only temporarily. Strangely, I have never had an issue with my driver side o2 sensor.

Last edited:

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Your phone must be auto editing your numbers....

TRON

Reaction score
So, what is really the code you are getting?

G

Sorry for the confusion... My fault; I clearly typed in the wrong numbers. This code below is my problem... Gadget, do you have any remedies for this. I'm on my third 02 sensor in 18 months

P2238 O2 Sensor Positive Current Ctrl Circ Low Bank1 Sensor 1

SooRunner

Reaction score
I had that code when I switched from X1 to UCON, I replaced my passenger O2 sensor and it went away. Code never came back.

O2 sensor on passenger side is the one on the header.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Either it is the X-1 or it is the installation process. Only you will know.

Gadget

Reaction score
I would replace all 4 sensors.

The health check on the sensors by the ECU is very tight and uses cross checking from other sensors. Running a supercharger does seem to shorten the life of the sensors likely due to the increased heat.

The UCON uses the sensors for active fuel control so they do have to be up and healthy or the Guardian Mode will engage.

Given that the UCON is in the loop between the ECU and sensor this does cause one of the health checks to time out a little earlier than it would if it was not there. A small price to pay for the added performance and safety.

We have seen a few UCONs that cause the code to be set all the time even with brand new sensors and we are currently investigating that issues with the recovered UCON units.

Given what you have laid out, I would suggest that you replace all 4 sensors and have fun.

G

FireB

Reaction score
I hate to thread jack but seemed appropriate to put it here.
I did get the same code and got the Front O2 replaced with the OEM ones under warranty that I had about 3,000 miles ago.
Now the same code P2238 gets picked up.

I would be replacing the left and right today to see if that will eliminate the code or put the code to the driver's side.

The funny thing is, even with the check engine light on, it does not feel like I am losing any power at all.
My performance upgrade is O2 Sim, aFe Stage2, JBA LT.

If I get a bad diagnostic after swapping the left and the right, I have no choice but to replace it again.
This time around, I have to purchase it from G since warranty on the same parts within 3 months is just not gonna cut it....

I'm wondering people without X1 is getting this kind of problems as well.

RRX

Reaction score
I have a set of 4 sensors with less than a 100 miles on them. I will sell for $250 shipped. But you may have to wait a couple of weeks for me to get home. I say may because I maybe a able to have someone go by my house and pick them up and ship them.

TRON

Reaction score
I'm wondering people without X1 is getting this kind of problems as well.

The thing about an x1 or ucon and getting this code is the fact that the engine guardian kicks on; so giving it throttle puts 10s on the AFR gauge. Which it's probably lower than that cause that's the lowest my AFR gauge can read. Too rich

I have a set of 4 sensors with less than a 100 miles on them. I will sell for $250 shipped. But you may have to wait a couple of weeks for me to get home. I say may because I maybe a able to have someone go by my house and pick them up and ship them.

Thanks for the offer; I already bought the two upstream sensors. Luckily the downstream sensors are much cheaper.

From reading Gadgets post; I'm having a hard time understanding why the down stream sensors are relatively affecting the upstream sensors quality of life?

Last edited:

Bang Bang

Reaction score
Was there ever a fix for this. I just recently got this code. I replaced the bank 1 sensor 1 air/fuel sensor and still the code came back. I also tried replacing the EFI relay. No luck there either. Bank 1 is passenger side right? Truck doesn't like the boost now either. Idles rich.

Top Bottom