Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

AVIC-D3

hrspwr236

Reaction score
I looked up the forum avic411.com and i couldnt find any info on gettign a background on the D3, they have write ups on the D1 and D2 only, Is there anyone that has done this yet

blueballs

Reaction score
i just called my buddy at audio express he can hook me up at 900 installed on that avic-D3 and run wires for my amp and sub..

illmeg4fun

Reaction score
thats still expensive. Learn to wire that stuff yourself man and save a butt load. I know he's your friend and all, but wire are easy to run and the install can't be that hard if your ever put your own indash in before. is he gonna include the double din dash mount also?

ICEMAN

"I drive in the dirt"
Reaction score
Looks sweet, almost makes me want one....almost!

hrspwr236

Reaction score
thats still expensive. Learn to wire that stuff yourself man and save a butt load. I know he's your friend and all, but wire are easy to run and the install can't be that hard if your ever put your own indash in before. is he gonna include the double din dash mount also?

Audio express is only a dollar install and that is still a good deal on everything with dash kit and wiring

blueballs

Reaction score
well i just got off the phone with my buddy again at audio and i told him to really hook me up for the x-mas lol.. 800 installed and another 70 to hook my sub up. with wires and everything and plus the d-din mod. so i'll have all this hopfully by the meet on jan.5

hrspwr236

Reaction score
well i just got off the phone with my buddy again at audio and i told him to really hook me up for the x-mas lol.. 800 installed and another 70 to hook my sub up. with wires and everything and plus the d-din mod. so i'll have all this hopfully by the meet on jan.5

That sounds like a really good deal, i would jump on that, this navi is the best audio upgrade you could get ill i have left is speakers

illmeg4fun

Reaction score

Are you going to get a short shifter anytime soon? I did mine at the Statesville meet and ran all my wires at the same time since I already had my console out. The S/S only took like a half hour to an hour including a couple of trips around to see what everyone else was working on. then the wires took me about another half hour to an hour. Either way the price for it isnt bad at all, I thought they were gonna charge you alot for the install. :dontknow:

Hitman

Reaction score
Hey did you paint your whole dash black too?:dontknow:

lucke

Reaction score
looks good... but i'll stick to my Eclipse AVN6610

dual DVD drive FTW... i can't remember the last time i took my NAV DVD out:p

xrtaco06

Reaction score
so you are still able to use your steering wheel controls right?

with the d3 you have to be driving around with the gps cd in it?

anyone know?

Last edited by a moderator:

Gadget

Reaction score
with the d3 you have to be driving around with the gps cd in it?

If you are going somwhere it seems that is what you need to do.

I popped out my disc and had another one in there. It switched to "Memory Nav Mode". After I drove about 50 miles, it lost all map detail. It came right back when I put the disc back in.

I think this is crap. I wish it had an SD card slot or something that you could load all the map data onto and just run it that way.

I guess it is no big deal. I don't drive around with any CDs anyway.

Gadget

xrtaco06

Reaction score
is there a way to go around this? is there like a cd changer out there for it?

hrspwr236

Reaction score
You can buy an add on to still have the steering wheel controls, you are supposed to be able to pull the nav cd out after a destination has been set but i never use cds, mostly xm or ipod

Top Bottom