Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

AVIC-D3

Gadget

Reaction score
I have that PAC SWI thing to adapt the steering wheel controlls to the D3. It works, but not as nice as they did with the stock unit.

I will have to try pulling out the nav disc after setting a detination and see if it works. I just find it odd that my tiny Garmin just works without the drama of swapping discs.

Gadget

Stevenredx

Reaction score
I have that PAC SWI thing to adapt the steering wheel controlls to the D3. It works, but not as nice as they did with the stock unit.

Yeah, i wired in the PAC SWI-JACK adapter thing in to Ashley's car this past weekend. The instructions for those things SUCK. Got it to work but you have to hold the buttons down just a tad longer, a slight delay. Other than that it works pretty good.

Gadget

Reaction score
Yep the instructions do suck.

Yep, you go to hold the button longer, but you have to be careful, hold it long enough it will change one station. Hold it just a hair to long and you change 6.

There has to be something better.

wshsbears

Reaction score
so since the rebate is out and such i've been thinkin about getting this unit. i also have a garmin nuvi 660 which does plenty of cool things for me.. if i were to get the AVIC D3, i would have to have the nav disc in all the time to have nav goin.. well i use MP3 cds still b/c i don't have an ipod and don't plan on getting one..

do u think its worth it to get this head unit and keep my garmin? part of the bargain would be that i could sell my garmin b/c i had the gps in the H/U now.. but with the cd issue.. i dunno.. input plz?

wshsbears

Reaction score
selll the garmin and buy an external cd changer.... :top:
hrm... anyone want a garmin 660? lol where do u all mount ur cd changers? i have a cb in the area in front of the shifter, amps under seats, stuff in center console, full glove box...

what about the pocket in the drivers door? easy access.. will a cd-changer fit?

do CD changers read mp3 cds? do they have dvd changers? that way it will read mp3, wma, dvd, regular cd, all that stuff.. u got me thinkin more into this.. i was bummed..

xrtaco06

Reaction score
i have no idea, but i am thinking of selling my d3 and just sticking with my nuvii. i haven't installed at all and know i don't even want to. iam just going to stay with the stock stereo and add a 10" with amp and iam ready to go. it just seems to much of a hassle with the gps in the d3.

hrspwr236

Reaction score
i wouldnt let people scare you away from the d3 it is a great unit and the nav on it it easy to use, plus you can play movies and control the sound quality of you speaker and future sub

VIPDreamin

"Mr. Incredible"
Reaction score
hrm... anyone want a garmin 660? lol where do u all mount ur cd changers? i have a cb in the area in front of the shifter, amps under seats, stuff in center console, full glove box...

what about the pocket in the drivers door? easy access.. will a cd-changer fit?

do CD changers read mp3 cds? do they have dvd changers? that way it will read mp3, wma, dvd, regular cd, all that stuff.. u got me thinkin more into this.. i was bummed..

I have a 6 disc in my console

Top Bottom