Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

B$tches Better Have My Money

denzel05

Reaction score
Ok, I don't want this to turn into a pity party or anything, just need to vent and get things off my chest, and get my fellow XR owners opinions, and suggestions on what mode of action I should take.

Here's the deal, I'm a golf course superintendent at a club in Daytona Beach. I have 14 employees that work directly under me, and there are about 50 or so other employees scattered throughout the club in various departments. The club has been up for sale for some time now, and on 8/9/08 was purchased by a new owner. The new company bought the club under the circumstances that they do not assume any of the debt the club has. We get paid by-weekly, today being a pay day for the weeks of 7/26/08 - 8/8/08. Well woke up this morning thinking everything was good and my money was in the bank.... WRONG.... went to make my truck payment today and they told me I had to transfer funds because there isn't enough in my checking. I was like wtf are you talking about.? :motz: Made some calls and found out the previous owners had not put the money in the bank for all the employees because they didn't have the money. Wasn't the freekin place just sold? How could they not have money to pay us? The new owners who purchased the club the day after the pay period ended claim that considered a debt of the prior owners and they didn't assume the debts. So now I'm basically screwed out of 2 weeks pay, wtf. Wher's my money b$tches:dontknow:

Anyway just needed to get this off my chest, sorry if I rambled on, any suggestions on what I and basically all the others should do would be greatly appreciated.

T0LLPHR33

"Catwoman"
Reaction score
that really sucks to hear this bro. take em to court would be your best bet. small claims court would work the best. since you are your own attorney. just show proper paperwork like banks statements payroll statements...etc...good luck on this bro no one works for free...somebody has to pay you bro. sounds like your former employer who just got bought out is the people who you and your other coworkers money.

Last edited:

5000XD

Reaction score
Damn. This is dangerous stuff. You just don't know what they signed for when the club was sold. And in your contract it might say you are employed by the former owners, not by the new, so they arent really entitled to pay you. Hope I'm wrong and hope this works out for you.

fuseaku

Reaction score
Dang man, that really sucks!! Hope you get your money man!

What golf course is it?

RedXr

Reaction score
If you like your job, then I would just talk to the owners as pleasantly as you can because as 5000XD stated, they arent entitled to payroll for you if the contract states otherwise. If they know whats best for them; they will do the right thing because its more expensive to hire and train someone then it is to just give a paycheck. GL:top:

denzel05

Reaction score
that really sucks to hear this bro. take em to court would be your best bet. small claims court would work the best. since you are your own attorney. just show proper paperwork like banks statements payroll statements...etc...good luck on this bro no one works for free...somebody has to pay you bro. sounds like your former employer who just got bought out is the people who you and your other coworkers money.

I was just told we are to go after the old owners since we were employed by them during the pay period, and yes abunch of us if not all the employees are going to get together and discuss taking to small claims court.

Dang man, that really sucks!! Hope you get your money man!

What golf course is it?

Yeah it does suck man. oh and it's pelican bay c.c. on beville rd.

InkedRunner

Reaction score
Walk outa there. peace out . I'd be gone. And be taking them to claims court.

trd_sport

Reaction score
My word of advice as a business owner is to leave immediately. I hate to say that and I know you will not get paid, but unfortunatly this is a hit you will have to suck up. If the new owners are this nickle and dime....expect them to fire a bunch of people before they even consider paying. Have you talked to the new owners about making this right?
Technically the old owners are responsible.

Vecte

"Fluffy"
Reaction score
That is way to effed up. You would think as a new owner, you would want to make everyone working there happy, but that is just not a way of doing it.

Vince77

Reaction score
That's some sh*ty news on a Friday. Hope you can stick it to em' in court. Good luck bro.

dak-rt-2a-XR

Banned
Reaction score
I would have to say as a business owner myself...you and ALL those people that didnt get paid should walk out...

straight to a lawyers office and file a small claims court case as a group.

power in numbers

ps...be sure to sue them for court cost/lawyers too. If they didnt want any debt, they should have found other ways to cut it rather than not paying the people that run the place. if they didnt want any debt, see how they like running an entie course by themselves!

Xer0 SiN

Reaction score
at this point it seems like small claims court would be the more viable option...sorry you had to go through that...that truly sucks

denzel05

Reaction score
My word of advice as a business owner is to leave immediately. I hate to say that and I know you will not get paid, but unfortunatly this is a hit you will have to suck up. If the new owners are this nickle and dime....expect them to fire a bunch of people before they even consider paying. Have you talked to the new owners about making this right?
Technically the old owners are responsible.

Yeah, I did talk to new owners. They are sticking to their word, and considering it part of the debt:thumpdown: As far as firing a bunch of people, they already made me get rid of two of my employees, plus they fired all front office personnel (accountants, G.M., secretary,etc.)

That is way to effed up. You would think as a new owner, you would want to make everyone working there happy, but that is just not a way of doing it.

yeah talk about starting out on the right foot in regards to employee moral and sh1t

T0LLPHR33

"Catwoman"
Reaction score
i'm sorry this had to happen to you like that. it sounds like more and more business are being bought up and the dedicated employees that worked for the previous owners are getting the shaft more and more now days. like i said and other states...walk out, small claims court(helps if you got the numbers: other coworkers), also sue them for court fees and so fourth. as long as paperwork is filed correctly you should have no problem winning in court...especially if you have multiple cases against the same person/persons. it will take quite some time though; small claims courts can finish in as little as 3 months but some cases have taken a couple of years just to see results. you guys might have to bite the bullet on this one...for your sake i really hope you don't have to. i hope everything works out for the better for you bro. good luck

Yeah, I did talk to new owners. They are sticking to their word, and considering it part of the debt:thumpdown: As far as firing a bunch of people, they already made me get rid of two of my employees, plus they fired all front office personnel (accountants, G.M., secretary,etc.)

yeah talk about starting out on the right foot in regards to employee moral and sh1t

DERRIXRYD

Reaction score
Sounds like a couple of sets of clubs are going to be on ebay or craigslist.

Reaction score
wow maybe i read wrong but sounds like you should be going after the old owners not the new owners, if they bought the business after that pay period ended why would it come from them? I'd be going after the old owners, and if they don't have something pleasing to say, by by house

skilledbum23

Reaction score
If no one has suggested it yet....contact the Better Business Bureau. Just tell them what happened, and they normally take it from there.

TahoesHateMe

Reaction score
If no one has suggested it yet....contact the Better Business Bureau. Just tell them what happened, and they normally take it from there.
Labor Department. They are obligated by state law to pay. They are here in Cali anyways.

Top Bottom