Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Battery relocation..

JDBoogie

Reaction score
Has anyone relocated their battery to the rear of their truck? If so can you post pics?

Thanks!

JDBoogie

Reaction score
Im thinking about doing it because the rear of the truck is too light..

Grumpy

Reaction score
Under the bed on the pass side would kick @ss!!

...with a remote terminal so if you ever need to jump/charge the battery, you don't need to open up the battery box at all.:top: Yeah, the thought has cross my mind.

Stevenredx

Reaction score
Hmmm.... wonder if this could be built in to one of the storage compartments in the bed?? :hmmmm2:

Grumpy

Reaction score
It'll fit if you upgrade to Odyssey battery.:top: Those thing got pretty good cold cranking amps for being such a small battery.

ddongbap

Reaction score
Lets all make our trucks rear/mid engined. How sick would that be?

Grumpy

Reaction score
Lets all make our trucks rear/mid engined. How sick would that be?

You don't need drive shaft, that ***** weight too much. Just hook the transmission directly to the differential, just like top fuel dragster.:rock:

SX TOY

Reaction score
you could definitely hook a remote jumping station in the storage box but.......every connection you add is another connection to clean/maintain so that you don't have elec sytem problems. it would be trick though. I have a remote battery kit from one off my old road race cars and was considering using it to add a second battery and switch so that if my stereo drains my batt I just hit the switch so I pull off batt 2 and start right up

rexrunner

Reaction score
like this? :biggrin:. been like this for about 1.5 yrs now.
DSCI0438.jpg

P1010237.jpg

P1010233.jpg

Tapp

Reaction score
woa dude...thats sweet!!!

id love to relocate my battery.. good point was made to have under the cab passenger side.. plus it would reduce some clutter in the engine bay...man i want to do this now..

anyone have a write-up of some sort???:dontknow:

braves011

"Crouching Tiger"
Reaction score
was he able to use a regular sized battery? and does he have any aftermarket sound equipment that pulls more battery life?

xrunish

Reaction score
put weight in the back? uhhh... you should just keep your battery there and buy 10 extra ones from autozone and keep them in the back haha

jaxchrisfla

Reaction score
ill be putting my redtop in the back soon. but be warned guys who go to the track, if you have moved the battery from under the hood, they will not let you run without a rear cutoff switch clearly labeled in the back of the truck.

my way around this is keeping the stock battery in place for inspection, then removing it when i run.

Top Bottom