Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Battery relocation..

Wayne R

Reaction score
Go get a big Watermelon and put it in the bed.....:biggrin:

Murdered X

Reaction score
ill be putting my redtop in the back soon. but be warned guys who go to the track, if you have moved the battery from under the hood, they will not let you run without a rear cutoff switch clearly labeled in the back of the truck.

my way around this is keeping the stock battery in place for inspection, then removing it when i run.
Thats crazy, I've been to the track 50+ times and never been inspected. And that includes Orlando speedworld and Bradenton motorsports park.

jaxchrisfla

Reaction score
Thats crazy, I've been to the track 50+ times and never been inspected. And that includes Orlando speedworld and Bradenton motorsports park.

some tracks do it some tracks dont. depends on how modified your vehicle is. most of us just look normal, nothing super modded so they dont really inspect us. i know in valdosta i have been inspected but never in gainesville or orlando speedworld. but i know werty was hit for something at the track once and was not aloud to run, or begged his way in.

im just stating NHRA rules, that most tracks are supposed to follow.

Tapp

Reaction score
soo how about this write up Rex???

rexrunner

Reaction score
umm what you wanna know?
I used 2g silver tinned wire
a oddyssey pc625 battery
made the mount from 1/4 extruded aluminum
used a factory bolt location

theres not really a write up, I just did it as I went. All you need to know, is the positive wires going to the battery just need connect to the 2g wire coming from teh battery like this.

P1010224.jpg

gtmoy

Reaction score
Did you fuse the wire near the battery?

Also, it seems like 265CCA would be too weak to start the truck?

gtmoy

Reaction score
  • 16Ah @ 10hr rate
  • 265 CCA
  • 625 Cranking Amps for 5 Seconds
  • 27 Minute Reserve Capacity
I guess this would be okay as long as you don't need to run anything for an extended period with the engine off.

T0LLPHR33

"Catwoman"
Reaction score
^with this battery there's no way you would be saving the day like Pat at his wedding...

Top Bottom