Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Bed Cleaner??

SickRedXRnr

"OK, Good Talk"
Reaction score
So im guessing this is the right place to ask this... but, can ANYone tell me if they have found a good product or whatever it may be, that will get your bed back to BLACK again? You all prob know what im talking about. Just after time some parts get lighter or what have you from either using the bed, or something else... and NO im not going to spray paint it or something retarded like that, but true ways that you guys have used to get it back to black black again. I used paint thinner and not gunna lie, it got some of it back. Was also going to try acitone or something but i didnt want it to be to harsh. Any ideas for me to try would be awesome!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

braves011

"Crouching Tiger"
Reaction score
maybe that tire wet stuff, it supposed to rejuvenate (sp?) rubber. come to think of it i've been using Armorall on the caps around the bed to keep them nice and black.

SickRedXRnr

"OK, Good Talk"
Reaction score
but im also looking for something that will do it more permanently... not just for a few days like a tire shine or what have you.... but good idea if nothing else :top:

Xer0 SiN

Reaction score
i think its mothers...but they have a back to black...maybe that should do the trick?? :dontknow:

SickRedXRnr

"OK, Good Talk"
Reaction score
now thats what im talking about! Xero you might have solved the mystery... looks like ill be heading to pepe brothas tomorrow to pick up a bottle.... after i use it ill for sure let everyone know how it turned out! Good looking out man

Edit: Look what else i just found too! Called Forever black bed liner stuff.... looking promising!

http://www.autogeek.net/forever-black-truck-bed-liner-gel.html

Last edited:

joman

Reaction score
this looks like a great product let me know how this goes. my bed also is starting to loss the black b/c i use it to haul lots of stuff...good find!:rock:

XDsm

Reaction score
Meguiars #40, your bed will look good as new:top: Spray on, wipe off.

07SWB

Reaction score
just trade in your truck for a better color :laugh: j/k

i would use that bed liner stuff or back to black. Just like what that one chick said after she slept with you...

XDsm

Reaction score
autogeek_2013_10171038

It's like $11 online and doesn't leave the surface looking greasy or super shiny. I use it on all the plastic on my truck. Also cleaned my engine bay with it:top:

morcheez

Reaction score
call me crazy but the bed is composite correct?? its not plastic, rubber or vinyl and all the cleaners mentioned above will only make it look good for a couple of days or until it rains ...thats why i had a bedcover i guess

Xer0 SiN

Reaction score
hey...anything to help out :top:...let me know how it turns out...I'm pretty sure you should be set :smile:

TahoesHateMe

Reaction score
We used mine as a crash truck yesterday. the bed was full with 2 crashed bikes, wheel chalks, ramp, and rocks from driving off the road to collect the downed bikes. I just took the tail gate off and swept the bed out with a push broom.:laugh:

braves011

"Crouching Tiger"
Reaction score
why is it the 08's have silver bolts holding the bed to the frame and the 05-07's have them in black?

crown14

Reaction score
I wiped a little Turtlewax ICE interior stuff into the bed the other day, looked great and not too slick. I am gonna wait and see how the test spot holds up then consider doing the whole bed with it.

rich017

Reaction score
tire wet works great on all the black plastic. But if you plan on standing in your bed....dont do it

Stevenredx

Reaction score
autogeek_2013_10171038

It's like $11 online and doesn't leave the surface looking greasy or super shiny. I use it on all the plastic on my truck. Also cleaned my engine bay with it:top:

This is what i use, it keeps the bed black and shiny for a couple of months for me.

TitanRattler813

Reaction score
Any stores that sell Meguiars #40? I've checked he auto zones/pepboys/advance auto and haven't seen it in either of the three. :dontknow:

lucke

Reaction score
its a bed... its supposed to get dirty from hauling stuff. :dontknow:

XDsm

Reaction score
Any stores that sell Meguiars #40? I've checked he auto zones/pepboys/advance auto and haven't seen it in either of the three. :dontknow:

I don't think it's available in the auto parts store. You most likely have to buy it online. I buy mine from Meguiars website.

its a bed... its supposed to get dirty from hauling stuff. :dontknow:

Right then you clean it, just like your truck gets dirty from driving then you clean it.....o wait this is Brian:laugh::eviltongue: Just messing with you dude.

Top Bottom