Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Blown Engine

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Have that section, around low 12's. Then the transition into 11's, under boost, will be better.

Pretty sure that you increase to increase fuel, and decrease to decrease.

Gadget

Reaction score
Well finally got the AFR Sensor Adjust module installed today. Been really busy with work/life and have been driving the "other car". Well fired up truck with no changes in the table. All O2 adjustments are still at 0.00. Well car is idling at 13.5 AFR range instead of 14.5 like before. Not understanding how simply adding the module made that much change unless it is simply the extra resistance from added wire? Will drive it after lunch and see if it stays 13.5 while cruising? If so I guess I will just add/subtract whatever it takes to get to 14.5 across the board and then tune from there.

So adding or subtracting makes the AFR go down (more rich)?

Also I know in boost where I need to be... but approaching boost -5" Hg to 0psi do I need to richen it up in the area as well? If so how much?

Thanks... feel like every time I don't mess with the truck for a while I forget most of what I learned.

You have to now find the value to populate the O2 table that will give you the 14.7 AFR you are looking for. When you think you have found it go for a nice highway cruise and verify that the rear O2s are switching properly and are not hung on the rich or lean side.

G

grifter95

Reaction score
Okay. I think I have the transition portion of the tune 90% done. It dips into the low 13's/high 12's at around -6" Hg. Then to high 11's around 3" Hg and into boost. The only problem is around -9" Hg instead of staying around 14.5 it jumps into the 15's (low to mids). I have around -0.50 in the transition area and have increased this "problem area all the way to -.90 but it still hangs in the 15's. Any ideas? Its not causing any knock... but isnt right. Seems odd how every other area from -10" Hg all the way to 3 psi or so (when it shifts to open loop) is controlled. But this one area defies my adjustments. Any suggestions?

grifter95

Reaction score
Can someone verify weither adding or subtracting in the O2 Adjust table should richen it up? I have been subtracting everywhere and it is much better at near boost and in boost but around -12 to -8 it goes lean (16:1). Why?

Please someone answer this quickly. I have read the entire Map-Ecu3 and Map-Cal manual and it talks about adjusting the voltage + or - but never what that actually changes the AFR to.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Call Gadget. You bought it from him. :top:

grifter95

Reaction score
Called Gadget. He said he thought I was right (-) values lower AFR. But he has never tuned an 09 either. So still working on it. He did think I had the O2 adjusted to far and was causing ecu to freak out and resist my changes.

grifter95

Reaction score
Well followed Gadgets suggestion and cut my O2 adjustments in half and then add fuel back in the primaries. Seems to be working. It adjusts the AFR from 16's to around 14.7. However, apon every startup I am getting a check engine code. It is the O2 bank 1&2 sensors. Resetting works until next startup then lights back up. The zones that it starts up in and idles at are 0.00 in the O2 adjustment tab. Ideas?

grifter95

Reaction score
Screenshot_2013-10-25-11-08-11_zpsb54e3843.png

Error I get a few seconds after each restart.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
That is interesting.

Try adjusting the values in either direction, or back to the file you had prior, and see if the stay or go away.

Last edited:

grifter95

Reaction score
Prior to AFR adjust module this was not a problem. After it it comes on at every restart about 10 seconds after startup. Tried all 0 values and (+) and (-) ones. Same result.

Top Bottom