Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Blown Motor, coming back stronger

Gadget

Reaction score
I should be able to help you with part of the piping from the intercooler to the TB. You are going to be on your own to get the air to the cooler.

G

X-roller

Reaction score
"Double" Longest build thread ever.... :laugh:

Correction. I have a 6 speed trans also. According to AISIN MY transmission is a "High Torque" transmission. Maybe because it is made that way for the 4x4 model. Either way, it is unclear about the info they give on their website.

Also, I use Redline.....not MT-90....but HEAVY SHOCK PROOF gear oil. Might have something to do with it....lol

And, my turbo is a Precision Turbo 6076 Journal bearing turbo. With a .63 A/R. Their equivalent to the GT35. Although I would love to put the GT3582R on there. Maybe one day. With a TiAL SS housing. Just don't like raising up the A/R.

What needs to be done is to remove the extremely restrictive intercooler from STS and get a more efficient one. Already found it also. That will help with my pressure drop significantly.

The motor WILL be here Thursday according to UPS's sheduled delivery. So sometime next week it will be running. TORSPD 3.0:rock:

I'm not sure which brand the valve springs are. Could be Comp Cams for all I know:dontknow: If that is the case, then the Titanium Retainers might as well be also.

Pauter Rods, and CP Pistons - coated

I had wondered if you had upped the turbo on that thing.... and the crank.... do you think it's going to be able to handle all of this or is it something in the making already? You don't wanna snap the crank because then.... :ahhhhh: all your money is gonzo... pretty much nothing will be able to be able to be salvaged off a snapped crank.... I read the entire new posts on this and wow on the pistons.... Did you have any bent rods?? By the amount of scoring you had on one of those pistons it seems like someone took a chizel to that thing.... Kind of interesting that all of it was on the thrust side and that you say the worst damage was the ones to drivers side... gadget did make a good point back when he noticed that the X-1 has set timing a bit differently on our drivers side... but then again it'son the thrust side.... still interesting that our drivers side seems to become the weak link once we install the infamous x-1....

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
The turbo on there is the size that came with the kit. I had really wanted to do the crank, and probably would have had the time to get it done, but that was all extra money. This build in itself was expensive enough.
That is why no Crower crank. The rod are the same one's from my last built motor. Not bent or messed up in any other manner.
Both side did have damage to the cylinder walls. It was just that the driver side was far worse. The passenger side was very minimal.
I would say that the driver side is especially cylinder #6 is the weak link from the factory. I honestly can't see how the X-1 could make pistons have skirt damage when all is running fine prior.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Got the motor in yesterday. Looks freaking great! It will be installed by next week. I also got a brand new intake pipe in on Wednesday. I had PowerFab make me an aluminum one since the original pipe had rusted up while sitting there. Perfect match and so much lighter. Don't have to worry about rust there either. 1 pipe down, three to go...

I post up some pics soon

XrunnIT

Reaction score
So when you gonna upgrade the IC... that seems like it would be really high up on your list once the motor starts pushing the boost again.

Also, I'd be curious to hear how it drives as a daily (out of boost).

PUREVIBEZ

Reaction score
real nice torspd, im aboutt o start my project here also. ecu first which im kinda tore on. the Xr-1 Gadget said would be the best bet, just have to make sure the maf sensor is positioned right, so working the small issues before i start to buy everything. reading this thread and of course ill pm you with anything i need sir.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
So am I. Like I mentioned earlier, it has only been lowered to 9.2 from 9.5. But remember, it shouldn't to noticable when I am lowered. That 3.73 rear end will help out a lot with that.

Whenever you're ready Purevibes, ask away bro.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
As of last night, I got the motor on the engine stand and heads all buttoned up. I just need to set up timing and install the timing cover and oil pan. That will be done by tonight so the motor can go in tomorrow. Woot!

T0LLPHR33

"Catwoman"
Reaction score
I was wondering about your build on thursday...some of the xru guys and myself got together here in vegas and were talking about your build...

glad to hear TORPSD 2.0 is almost ready to decimate once again...:biggrin:

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Well glad I could entertain. lol. So am I bro. This one is going to be great. I also have some more interestin knowledge to share. Once I get home and can post some pics tonight.

T0LLPHR33

"Catwoman"
Reaction score
^sweet can't wait to see the pics and read some awesome info...:biggrin:

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Spent all afternoon and night finishing up on the motor.
Coupe stopped by to inspect a few things, and Grumpy helped me til 1 am.

All that is left is to install the injectors, flywheel,clutch,& idler pulleys, then it is going in.

I did get some pics last night, but not to many. To focused on working. We did stop to take some side by side pics of the two different oil pans though. The 4x4/PreRunner, and the Non. I'll share that tonight. It is old news but valuable.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry Micky, as many times as I tried to get on here yesterday my phone wouldn't let me type. I could have called though. Kinda in a daze though. It' like working two 10 hour jobs, between work and re-install. But you are more than welcome to come over whenever bro.
Aside from that, my truck is still lifted. I apologize Shane, as I still need to get you those measurements, just been delayed by the way this install time frame started. Have them to you by Saturday.

Last night Grumpy,Jonus,Jake and I popped the motor in and bolted up the accessories and Y-pipe. Don't have any pics as we were all very focused on the task at hand.

What is left are tighten header nuts,add fluids,install intake manifold and two intake pipes,belt and fan, then hood struts. So, that being said, tonight is the night. No doubt.

SE_XRUNNER

Reaction score
awesome man... you should get some video of that thing comin to life!!!

Gadget

Reaction score
Make sure you video the first start up.

G

Top Bottom