Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

"Break"performance.com rotors

Yardie

"The Jamaican"
Reaction score
Drilled rotors usually have cracking problems. I have never seen one split before but hey, there is a first for everything lol. You were lucky and I hope it all gets sorted out.

Vince77

Reaction score
Crap! I just installed their drilled and slotted rotors a couple weeks ago. Hopefully this is a fluke. Maybe a bad cast.

I'd like to hear their response to your email.

Slay0r

Reaction score
yeh really, b/c like i said mine are under my christmas tree and will probably go on sunday.

STONER-X

Reaction score
a drilled rotor is best for track use only..... these rotors have less metal which in return will allow them to generate more heat in a traffic situation... when ever it comes to brakes in a DD environment a blank rotor (stock style) is best for the streets.....

drilled and slotted rotors provide great cooling when moving thats about it.... cracks are very common in this type of rotor...

and also mentioned.... there was a lot of rust between the cracks so that was more than likley like that way before you put it on the track or where ever you were driving...

good to hear that you are ok and your truck is not destroyed..... i might consider putting some stock style or slotted rotors on the truck for the road and get some slotted (maybe drilled and slotted) rotors for the track... it takes about 15mins to swap a rotor....

like i said good to hear you are alright.....

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
a drilled rotor is best for track use only..... these rotors have less metal which in return will allow them to generate more heat in a traffic situation... when ever it comes to brakes in a DD environment a blank rotor (stock style) is best for the streets.....

drilled and slotted rotors provide great cooling when moving thats about it.... cracks are very common in this type of rotor...

and also mentioned.... there was a lot of rust between the cracks so that was more than likley like that way before you put it on the track or where ever you were driving...

good to hear that you are ok and your truck is not destroyed..... i might consider putting some stock style or slotted rotors on the truck for the road and get some slotted (maybe drilled and slotted) rotors for the track... it takes about 15mins to swap a rotor....

like i said good to hear you are alright.....

For the 4th time. IT WAS RAINING. When the rotor exploded I set it aside, and got a lift home to grab my stock rotors. When I came back to my truck they where covered in rust. When the metal first broke, you could see clearly the shiny, silvery colored metal...(which looks a lot like pot metal)

There should be more pictures coming soon.

Scarface

Reaction score
They look rusted. Lol, jp. Glad it happened there and not on the streets. Good luck brother

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
Well. I talked to them on the phone. They where very kind. Explained to me there different brake options, saying that this has never happened before...yadda yadda. I told them, they did fail during a motor sports event and they still offered to cover them!!!!!! And they explained to me why, told me that cross drilling the rotors removes a lot of material and strength. They also told me that when customers with trucks/large vehicles order brakes over the phone, they try to sell them the dimpled/slotted because of the amount of stress they are going to be under. But in there 8 years in business they have NEVER seen this happen... Of course it would happen to me...:laugh:

They do really care about there customers. They are sending me slotted only rotors as you guys read this.:top: Even though i voided there warranty...

So...ntinhri...WTH do yours look like!?!?!??!!

Cause you make a sheet ton more power, and have slicks...so yours must be under way more stress...:hmmmm2:

*****Let this be a lesson, if you are going to race, way out all the options, like they said in there warranty...seems that i might have failed slightly more than they did:thumpdown:*****

As for you guys who drive "normal", the slotted and cross drilled should be fine, depending on your definition of normal...:dontknow: I dont get how the hell ntinhri haven't failed yet...HE GOT UP ON THREE WHEELS FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!?!?!?!

Slay0r

Reaction score
like i thought, they seem like a very understanding and reputable company. Most of the time with companies like this you will get further being nice than angry.

Im glad to see it worked out. I will be watching my drilled/slotted rotors very carefully after seeing this. luckily im not hard on my brakes at all, but i would like them to stop my truck ALOT more than whats happening now.

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
like i thought, they seem like a very understanding and reputable company. Most of the time with companies like this you will get further being nice than angry.

Im glad to see it worked out. I will be watching my drilled/slotted rotors very carefully after seeing this. luckily im not hard on my brakes at all, but i would like them to stop my truck ALOT more than whats happening now.

You got it. They asked me to delete any threads i started...i didn't tell em about XRU, because to many of you guys here have there brakes, and im not the only one that drives hard...:top:I wouldn't be able to sleep knowing that there are dozen of XR's with my same brakes as me, that just catastrophically failed...:frown:

i was very calm on the phone, as where they. I'm impressed, not going to lie, after seeing the warranty info, i figured all I was going to get was angry call from there lawyer saying, "you dun goofed, son!!!!"...not replacement brakes. +10 to them...:top:

Slay0r

Reaction score
well im glad to hear everything worked out.

Murderface

Reaction score
Thx to u I'll be getting my wife some EBC slotted and dimpled rotors.

ntinhri

Reaction score
Steve-o have you looked at yours recently? I'd have to say you've probably beaten on them more than anyone.....would love to hear how yours have held up.

So...ntinhri...WTH do yours look like!?!?!??!!

As for you guys who drive "normal", the slotted and cross drilled should be fine, depending on your definition of normal...:dontknow: I dont get how the hell ntinhri haven't failed yet...HE GOT UP ON THREE WHEELS FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!?!?!?!

Its all about the STUD POWA baby.... Ive done plenty of hard stopping with these rotors. I was tring to think how many miles I have on them, but Ive have to guess atleast 20-30 thousand miles on these rotors, dont forget Im in the mountians and I love to hit them hard!.. Im kinda agreeing with the company here, check out these pictures... (you guys are going to miss me when Im gone)... lol

IMAG0336.jpg

IMAG0340.jpg

IMAG0343.jpg

IMAG0342.jpg

IMAG0337.jpg

No cracks what so EVER... I also have them on my 4 runner with about 5k miles on them and they are fine!

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
ok...now i has a serous confused...i have only had them on for at most 7k....i don't even think that much...and you auto cross with race tires too!?!??!?!?! so yours are being used harder/longer...and mine imploded sooner...

*bangs head on desktop*

ntinhri

Reaction score
Did u install them in correct direction? I'm not hard on brakes. My dad drives a 18 wheeler amd he taught me to be easy on brakes. I mean I can fly down a mountain and smell everyone's brakes and mine are warm but not hot and I'm driven a truck they r n civics and crap. I think while I do race and yes I have race tires that push the limits of the brakes, it really depends on ur style of driving. Imo u got bad motors, they were installed backwards, or ur very hard on them. What pads r u running. I have trd pads. Ur wheels look nasty, do u not rash them or u running high dust pads. I'm not calling u out, everyone has their own style. Do not take this personal.

TThat was only hole that showed any thing weird....... but after 20 k I'd expect some of that.

Last edited:

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
Did u install them in correct direction? I'm not hard on brakes. My dad drives a 18 wheeler amd he taught me to be easy on brakes. I mean I can fly down a mountain and smell everyone's brakes and mine are warm but not hot and I'm driven a truck they r n civics and crap. I think while I do race and yes I have race tires that push the limits of the brakes, it really depends on ur style of driving. Imo u got bad motors, they were installed backwards, or ur very hard on them. What pads r u running. I have trd pads. Ur wheels look nasty, do u not rash them or u running high dust pads. I'm not calling u out, everyone has their own style. Do not take this personal.

TThat was only hole that showed any thing weird....... but after 20 k I'd expect some of that.

Backwards....meaning...the vent going in the other direction? like this:

http://image.hondatuningmagazine.co...ake_calipers_cross_drilled_slotted_rotors.jpg

My friend told me to install them that way...he said that makes them bight harder and stop better...IDT i like where this is going...:banghead:

EBC yellow stuff....you recommended them! you did mention the dust...and boy is there dust...

And yes...i never wash my truck...

Slay0r

Reaction score
well the rotors are clearly engraved with an L and and R so you put them on the proper side, however i did find it odd the "vents" were not curled or slanted like most OE and after market rotors. Im not sure if thats hurting them much or not.

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
well the rotors are clearly engraved with an L and and R so you put them on the proper side, however i did find it odd the "vents" were not curled or slanted like most OE and after market rotors. Im not sure if thats hurting them much or not.

weirdly enough...i can find the left of right stamp on mine...so maybe...its not all his fault, but my other friend did ask about the vents, when he noticed my rotors are on "backwards", he also said that that its weird that they are straight up and down....he told me they where on back wards too...but my friend chimed in explained his logic that the manufactures only install that way to save the pads. real race cars put them on "backwards" and along as the vents are not inverted, like you mentioned ...its fine...

see below for how i feel...
DoubleFacePalm.jpg

Last edited:

Slay0r

Reaction score
y is broken-rotors double facepalming me lol

Top Bottom