Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

"Break"performance.com rotors

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
y is broken-rotors double facepalming me lol

whoops.. left a part of that out...i meant to say, what everyone feels about me...

and there online instructions say the same thing...BOB SAGGET!!!!

ok...well now i feel like a complete and total ass clown for trusting him. I'm going to go hide in a corner...:fail:

Slay0r

Reaction score
oo...ic

the direction is not actually determined by the direction of the "slot curve" its determined by the vent curve. The Brakeperformance rotors have straight vent veins, thus why they stamp an L and R for which side they should be put on

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
oo...ic

the direction is not actually determined by the direction of the "slot curve" its of the vent curve. The Brakeperformance rotors have straigh vent veins, thus why they stamp an L and R for which side they should be put on

yup the vent curves. thats what i was trying to say and what the other friend (mechanic) notted...when they he noticed they where straight up and won...he said its up to me...

found the "stamps" btw...its some Dremmeled code with an "L" at the end of said code....we noticed the dremmeled code...but we didn't think anything of it...:thumpdown:

only one of mine is "stamped" BTW

Slay0r

Reaction score
well now you know. If you think about what COULD have happened, and how brakeperformance helped you out. i think u fare'd ok in this

lesson learned

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
well now you know. If you think about what COULD have happened, and how brakeperformance helped you out. i think u fare'd ok in this

lesson learned

You speak volumes, sir. Couldn't agree more.

ntinhri

Reaction score
I think this thread is worth of a sticky, and change the title.... Glad I could help and you didnt take it personally... atleast your getting a new set and you know how they are to be installed....

livinginsa

Reaction score
Disclaimers aren't worth anything.

If I post a notice that anyone that steps on my property has to pay me a million dollars, does that make it legal. Of course not. If someone makes a defective product, they are liable.

im sure brakeperformance will help you out considering, but it does say in the warranty that they wont warranty anything that has been used for race or track use

"Although every effort has been made to research, develop and test our brake materials for high performance use, no warranty exists on products used on race tracks or for competition use of any kind. Users must satisfy themselves by meticulous testing as to the suitability of any particular grade of braking material with regard to performance, durability, and its suitability for their chosen class of racing."

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
I think this thread is worth of a sticky, and change the title.... Glad I could help and you didnt take it personally... atleast your getting a new set and you know how they are to be installed....

Yah...just got back from a car meet...not a single person there things that the rotor exploded cause of being on backwards....but when they looked at the material....its sketch them out a bit....

Now, no one here can say for sure...so I'm Just glad to be alive. Thanks for your help Steve. And I love it how you kept telling me not to take it personally...I can't remember what we fought about a long ass time ago... and Slayor, thanks also...

I agree. Mods sticky this so my fail will be for ever remembered....:biggrin:

Scarface

Reaction score
Highlydoubtitmatterswhatwayyouputemonthatitwouldcauseafaillikethis.justsaying.

darthyota

Reaction score
Butwheresthefuninusingthespacebarwhenyoucantypeitalloutlikethis :p

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
THIS THREAD WAS SUPPOSED TO BE ABOUT ABOUT EXPLODING ROTORS!?!??!

notnotusingthespacebar...youbastards:laugh:

Scarface

Reaction score
Whatcanisayijusthappenedtobeonamachinewherethespacebarwasjackedup...nowimjustclowning.butseriouslythisthreadisaboutexplodingrotors. jaja

STONER-X

Reaction score
so it is seeming like these rotors are the stock size.... was there any noticeable braking advantage when switching to these?? i drove grumpy's truck once he had the stock blanks with the TRD pads and the stopping power was amazing verses the stock pads..... i have thought of getting some slotted rotors (not drilled) but cant decide if it would be worth it...... i think for DD there would be no greater stopping advantage like there is with the TRD BBK so i think after i get threw the stock pads im going to upgread those and keep stock rotors.... i guess the only advantage for these would be greater cooling but no extra stopping power.... right??????/

Slay0r

Reaction score
you just get the advantages of slotted rotors (and aesthetics if u went with drilled/slotted) in he oem size. Couple them with good pads (trd/ebcs) and you have significant more stopping power for a fraction of the cost of BBKs

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
I will tell you. The ebc yellowstuff with these exploded rotors was a shit ton better than the stockers...untilled this happened....:smile:

Slay0r

Reaction score
well thats good to know, b.c thats the exact combo ill b running the day after christmas. i had a $20 coupon i gave to my g/f for the site that had the yellowstuffs, so they actually came out slightly cheaper than the TRDs. I just hope they dont squeal as much at the TRDs are prone to do

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
well thats good to know, b.c thats the exact combo ill b running the day after christmas. i had a $20 coupon i gave to my g/f for the site that had the yellowstuffs, so they actually came out slightly cheaper than the TRDs. I just hope they dont squeal as much at the TRDs are prone to do

they squeal every once in while...but there is LOTS OF DUST:top:

Murderface

Reaction score
they squeal every once in while...but there is LOTS OF DUST:top:

U got that right, I have the 13.2" SOS BBK with drilled and slotted rotors and EBC Yellowstuff pads. It stops great and the dust is even greater.....doesn't matter much cause I think my truck looks cooler dirty:laugh:

Last edited:

Slay0r

Reaction score
im prepared for the dust, my old 1 series had 6 pot brembos, and i could draw a finger line after washing and driving to the beginning of my subdivision

Top Bottom