Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Carbon Fiber hood

Rickenfan

Reaction score
I've never seen a blue carbon fiber hood on a x before does anyone make em ? or does something like that have to be specially made?

DallasCowboys

Banned
Reaction score
While that is a true statement, your not going to see any difference, or feel any difference n handling. Body roll is only a small factor when it comes to handling. :top:
HMMMM. Then I probably do not need those heavy sway bars in the front and rear. There purpose is for ANTI-BODY ROLL. Not tryin to start a spittin contest. The 30 lbs. off the top will help the sway bars do there job. Like I said it wont be much but it sure won't hurt. :top:

Stevenredx

Reaction score
Why did you need a partner for this? It didn't say any where in the auction that it required purchasing two of these at a time...... Just curious. :top:

DallasCowboys

Banned
Reaction score
Why did you need a partner for this? It didn't say any where in the auction that it required purchasing two of these at a time...... Just curious. :top:
Better price than the auction. If you look at the auction price it is $172 shippded and I can get it for $635 shipped. :driver:

XrunnIT

Reaction score
HMMMM. Then I probably do not need those heavy sway bars in the front and rear. There purpose is for ANTI-BODY ROLL. Not tryin to start a spittin contest. The 30 lbs. off the top will help the sway bars do there job. Like I said it wont be much but it sure won't hurt. :top:

Yes the extra weight off the top will help the sway bars do their job, I'm just letting you know that your not going to see/feel it. And no, its not gonna hurt at all. :smile:

If you notice anything it will be slightly better mpg (due to less weight). Even in a straight line acceleration, it will only be worth about 3/100ths of a second in the 1/4 mile. :top:

DallasCowboys

Banned
Reaction score
Yes the extra weight off the top will help the sway bars do their job, I'm just letting you know that your not going to see/feel it. And no, its not gonna hurt at all. :smile:

If you notice anything it will be slightly better mpg (due to less weight). Even in a straight line acceleration, it will only be worth about 3/100ths of a second in the 1/4 mile. :top:
I am not S/C. So the better I handle the harder the other guys will have it tryin to catch me. :laugh: Thanks for your input. I do value your input. You as an autocrosser and me as a professional daily driver.

ntinhri

Reaction score
I was looking the comp. leaf spring, you drop about 50 lbs, and the lighter fly wheel you drop about 25 pound with this you drop 30 pound... all that together you would feel the difference of 95 pounds.. either way it will be cool to say you have a cf hood!! ricer or not

trd_sport

Reaction score
Im going to have to come check this hood out in person once you get it:top: and I would say to just tint it red like I did with the cf eyelids......If I get this hood I will definitely tint it to match.

emo_X

Reaction score
Im going to have to come check this hood out in person once you get it:top: and I would say to just tint it red like I did with the cf eyelids......If I get this hood I will definitely tint it to match.

never really thought about tinting the cf but after looking at ur eyelids there great and i would like to see it on a hood rr,swb,bsp i would tint mine more less bling bling :top:

DallasCowboys

Banned
Reaction score
What do you think the cost would be?

XrunnIT

Reaction score
I know there is a guy in Cali (GotJustin) that has the CFH, but I'm not sure if he's coming out. :dontknow:

Top Bottom