Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

clutch squeak is getting fixed

tacoturbo

Reaction score
nope... i'm at that point that if something is wrong, i'll let the manufacturer deal with fixing/replacing it... or at least bi*ch about it until they will.

I agree. But if theres a remedy that you can do that takes all of 1 minute to do without letting someone you may not trust work on your ride than I would try the "tacoturbo" fix. Just kidding about the "tacoturbo" part. See asiantaco's thread on this. Worked for alot of fellow XR owners. Cheers.:driver: no more squeaky creaky!

lucke

Reaction score
yeah, as easy as it is, i'm just not in a fix my own vehicle mood... it's almost more cost effective to pay somebody else to fix it than to try and find time to do it myself:laugh:

current income > free time:p

XDsm

Reaction score
By the time it takes you to drive down the street going to the dealership this issue would be resolved. I understand what you are saying though. I wouldn't troubleshoot any issue on my truck that is covered under warranty however if I know what the fix is and it takes 30 seconds to do I rather do it then waste my time going to dealership. If you are really hard up on time common sense would say reaching under the dash and twisting the part is much more time efficient than driving to the dealership and being without the truck for an hour or two while they try to fix it:top:

tacoturbo

Reaction score
Yeah, thats "if" they can take you in immediately a s a walk-in customer. On some trucks you don't even need any tools. Just reach under the dash, turn the shaft and your done.

Steve

lucke

Reaction score
true, but that also doesn't explain why i can mash it into 2nd gear without grinding since toyota fixed it

XDsm

Reaction score
true, but that also doesn't explain why i can mash it into 2nd gear without grinding since toyota fixed it

That's just because you sucked at stick shift and they put an automatic tranny in:eviltongue::laugh: j/k

jcool2040

Reaction score
Got mine done today by the toyota tsb. can really tell a difrence. just better. and no creaking!!! now for my bed rattle panels to be painted and put on. tommorow

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I take mine in on Monday for squeaky clutch. CAN'T WAIT to get that damn thing fixed. It's really annoying and makes me feel like I'm driving an old piece...

run-x

Reaction score
Had the same problem with my truck (clutch noise) I turned the clutch shaft under the dash with my fingers and it fixed the problem no noise even when its hot out .Thanks for the advise. Hope it lasts! So far so good.

X-Runnin

Reaction score
Had the same problem with my truck (clutch noise) I turned the clutch shaft under the dash with my fingers and it fixed the problem no noise even when its hot out .Thanks for the advise. Hope it lasts! So far so good.

Exact same thing for me, it was 100++++ degrees out today and my truck sat in the sun for 8 hrs during school, I came back and not a peep, that is the first time it has ever been silent after being that hot.:top:

Top Bottom