Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Couple small changes to the WRX

XDsm

Reaction score
Did a couple small upgrades to the WRX. I added the OEM foglights to the car. I also added the premium radio found in the 2011 Subaru Forester. It's not offered for the WRX but is miles better than the stock WRX radio. Nice part is its completely plug-n-play, keeps all the stock steering controls/media hub/BT/BT streaming audio, adds a 4.3" color screen to make scrolling through the iPod easier, puts out more watts, and adds HD radio. Doesn't have nav built in but I have my TomTom for that and the OEM nav unit isn't plug-n-play.

Here's some cell phone pics of the new additions.

IMG_20110812_125419copy.jpg

IMG_20110812_125405copy.jpg

IMG_20110812_150442.jpg

IMG_20110812_145630.jpg

braves011

"Crouching Tiger"
Reaction score
very nice! have you thrown a tune on it yet?

Xer0 SiN

Reaction score
im running the stage 1 perrin in my wrx...i think next up for me is an exhaust

livinginsa

Reaction score
Nice car. I have raced a couple of those. I didn't even know it was fast until I raced it. I saw a new one, yesterday, looked really nice.

Everything looks factory, nice job.

Slay0r

Reaction score
im running the stage 1 perrin in my wrx...i think next up for me is an exhaust

i plan on doing an AMS downpipe for me next, but thats after i get the H&R lowering springs. i need those first lol

XDsm

Reaction score
Thanks everyone:top:

I missed having fog lights, although these are nowhere near as bright as the XR's fogs were. I am digging the radio, keeps everything looking OEM, retains all the OEM features, and gives much better sound than the stock WRX radio.

I think tune is as far as I will go performance-wise until the warranty is up. I do have a JL W6 waiting to go in so I will grab the box soon to put it in. The Cobb tune though has made the car very fun:D

Xer0 SiN

Reaction score
stage 2 is just a downpipe away LOL...but i too am probably gonna wait for atleast a year before i start tinkering with the motor...15.5lbs is plenty fast for me already...i dont gun it everywhere i go...it does feel good to have that power when you need it though...

XDsm

Reaction score
stage 2 is just a downpipe away LOL...but i too am probably gonna wait for atleast a year before i start tinkering with the motor...15.5lbs is plenty fast for me already...i dont gun it everywhere i go...it does feel good to have that power when you need it though...

:laugh: It's tempting but I enjoy having a warranty. Plus the car is pretty freakin' quick with the Stage 1. I don't really get on it much bc of that average MPG readout next to the clock. I like seeing how much MPG I can squeeze out of driving without having to hypermile.

Slay0r

Reaction score
Evo warrantys are pointless, they wont warrant the things that break *cough clutch, clutch master cyl. And if it is something that tue warranty does cover, mistubishi will deny your claim to something so frivolous as a short shift kit.

XDsm

Reaction score
Evo warrantys are pointless, they wont warrant the things that break *cough clutch, clutch master cyl. And if it is something that tue warranty does cover, mistubishi will deny your claim to something so frivolous as a short shift kit.

Mitsubishi has never been good with their warranties especially on their performance cars. This was true with the DSMs and now with the Evos. At least from what I read about Subaru is they seem to be more flexible with their warranty. Plus they actually cover the clutch under their warranty which surprised me. Still I rather not test their flexibility with the warranty. I'll do small upgrades like I am now but lay off touching the expensive parts until the warranty is done. The power behind the go pedal right now is more than enough to get me in trouble:laugh:

Slay0r

Reaction score
lol yeh i know, heres one i took earlier today on a lil pull:

ap26psi-1.jpg

Xer0 SiN

Reaction score
all i have to say is...i love our accessports LOL...as far as small upgrades i think i did a lot for only having it a couple months...that forester deck does sound tempting...i didnt want to put my alpine stuff in cause i wanted to stay with the oem look

i dunno if i told you this xdsm...we have the exact same color car...

EDIT: xdsm...real quick...where did you end up picking up your forester deck?? i think i wanna bite lol...and slayor...26lbs?? DDDAAaNNNG lol...nice

Last edited:

XDsm

Reaction score
lol yeh i know, heres one i took earlier today on a lil pull:

ap26psi-1.jpg

26 PSI :eek2: That would be boom for my engine haha

all i have to say is...i love our accessports LOL...as far as small upgrades i think i did a lot for only having it a couple months...that forester deck does sound tempting...i didnt want to put my alpine stuff in cause i wanted to stay with the oem look

i dunno if i told you this xdsm...we have the exact same color car...

EDIT: xdsm...real quick...where did you end up picking up your forester deck?? i think i wanna bite lol...and slayor...26lbs?? DDDAAaNNNG lol...nice

Looks like we both have good choice in color:biggrin:

I didn't want to put an aftermarket deck into this car. I like retaining all the OEM features and I REALLY don't want to do an audio overhaul like I did with the truck. The Forester radio works out perfect for me since it gave me a screen for iPod scrolling, gave more power, was plug-n-play, works with all the OEM features, and added HD radio.

I got mine off another forum. It's a hard radio to locate since it was only available in 2011 Foresters with the premium audio package. Still if you can locate one it's a worthwhile upgrade.

Xer0 SiN

Reaction score
yeah i know...when i saw that i was like...hmmm...i wanna bite that idea...with the xr...i wanted to change out a lot...but with this car i just want to stay with as much as the oem look as possible...hell if we had the 5x114.3 bolt pattern i would buy the 11 sti rims lol...i would definately take the subi sti rims (non bbs) over our stocks anyday...

heres mine...
DSC01647.jpg

DSC01642.jpg

DSC01645.jpg

DSC01643.jpg

XDsm

Reaction score
Nice you got the hatch version. I really dig the DGM color, I always wished they offered a dark grey for the X-Runner. Although I did love the XR's BSP when it was shined up.

Next up for me is adding the JL W6 to the stock radio. I am going to use the Audio Integrations box since it looks OEM and doesn't take up much space. Same reason why I went the Xtreme Kreation boxes in the XR.

http://64.19.142.12/i688.photobucket.com/albums/vv249/aidenkiara/IMG_0211.jpg

I also really dig the rear lip spoiler found on the JDM STi TS.

http://64.19.142.11/i55.photobucket.com/albums/g153/toffe777/2011-tokyo-auto-salon-WRX-STI-TS-2.jpg

Xer0 SiN

Reaction score
oh i forgot to mention...totally forgot this project...but this is actually my next move...im gonna source out some sti mirror caps and signal leds and hook the
up...fairly simple from what i was reading...and yeah do work son...the sub is gonna be stealth...i would

Top Bottom