Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Detailing Chemical Addiction - Share it!

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
chemicals.jpg

Where do you get the Sonus from. Do you order it?

Yeah I order it directly from them bro.

http://www.sonus-usa.com/ :top:

Hi_On_X

Reaction score
Does anybody know what product is good for removing the rock chips and scratches on my fromt spoiler? Oh, and i'd try clay bar and that dont work....

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
Does anybody know what product is good for removing the rock chips and scratches on my fromt spoiler? Oh, and i'd try clay bar and that dont work....

A clay bar really wont remove scratches as it does not remove clear coat.

If you have multiple rock chips its best just to get it painted. For scratches you can use a 3M or ScratchX scratch remover.

If it is just a few chips use some touch up paint. To apply the paint use a tooth pick or a very fine painters brush (not the brush that comes in the bottle).

Apply the paint in very thin layers until its just a tiny bit over the surface. Then let it cure fully (the paint will suck down into the chip) and wet sand it with a 2,000 grit + to bring it back down to flush with the paint. To remove any sanding marks use a very fine compound or scratch remover again.

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
Its best to use some sand paper glued to the end of a pencil eraser. This gives you more sanding accuracy and minimizes the unneeded sanding on the other paint around the chip as much as possible.

Use a hole punch to punch out sand paper, it works great.

Edgeman

Reaction score
Has anyone ever tried Glare Autopolish?
http://www.autopolish.net/catalog.asp
Interesting stuff, if it works.

Looking at the Autogeek website, their favorite is
Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant topped with Pinnacle Souverän or P21S Concours Carnauba Car Wax

I skipped the dealer applied $900+ paint sealant, so I'm looking for a proper substitute...lol

Wayne R

Reaction score
Pinnacle Products are my favorite.....especially the Souveran Wax, Gel Wheel Cleaner, and Black Onyx Tire Gel.........

The Wolfgang stuff is also "high-end" and I have been told it is great stuff as well. I may try some Wolfgang someday.

Top Bottom