Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Discussions with Gadget.....

darthyota

Reaction score
really? so does that mean you cant give us details?

Gadget

Reaction score
Yep, signed a NDA.

Come on folks, it was an April Fools Day joke. Read the whole post....

G

Gadget

Reaction score
The truck has 94,000 miles on it.

Don't drive it as much as I used to so the miles are not building up as fast as they did.

G

1GRracer

"Pete"
Reaction score
Hey Gadget what other Toyotas besides the X, 4runner, and fj have you worked on for mods?

SSSXR

Reaction score
ok, two-part question...

Gadget,

Have you ever considered changing out the stock rims?

also

if you were given a choice between either an aircraft carrier launch in a F-14 tomcat (full afterburner) or a 0 to 267mph run in a Veyron Super Sport which would you choose?

:biggrin:

Gadget

Reaction score
Yea, I have thought about getting different wheels. The trouble is that stock ones look very nice on the truck and everything I found that I like better is very, very expensive, so I just powder coated the stockers.

I would always go for the chance to fly. It is a pilot thing...

G

Gadget

Reaction score
I will likely do one more major mod to the XRunner and then I will be done with it.

If I ever get this engine finished I am going to put it in and try it out and I think that will be it.

Got some other project vehicles that need attention.

G

revobreaker

Staff member
Reaction score
Will you be done completely and sell it or, just done modding it and keep driving sometimes

BrokenTusk

Reaction score
Hey G,

What is the price and expected power gains of a full URD exhaust system? The Doug Thornly Long Tubes, URD Y Pipe, and URD Muffler?

darthyota

Reaction score
Have you seen the post on custom tacos calling you out by the unmentionable one?

X-roller

Reaction score
I've got one...

http://www.xr-underground.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=30995

WTF was that about??? lol

You are not going to see that any time soon. The issue is getting the connector plugs. It always comes down to that. Now I will tell you this, I have been looking into this and I think I have got something figured out. Lets see where it leads...

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::stupido2::rock: let me know if you need a tester...

Last edited:

SSSXR

Reaction score
gadget,

you have experience in many different career paths (from SWAT to pilot etc.). I wanted to know what that has been like looking back on it. Especially with starting URD and being self-employed. Was the risk of starting URD any easier because you knew there was something else you could do if you had to? also was URD something that started in any spare time that you had and slowly grew? or did you drop everything else and just focus on the company.

I ask because im about a month away from completing an apprenticeship and I keep trying to figure out what i want to do next. I could keep working at the job im at now, maybe try going at it alone (self-employed) or possibly go back to school and pursue something else that im interested in. either way im glad i did an apprenticeship because I have the experience and it won't be all that hard to find a job if i ever need to in the future.

Top Bottom