Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Disrespecting the XR

DallasCowboys

Banned
Reaction score
The X-Runner has a 73-inch long bed, which gives it plenty of cargo capacity. While we wish that the bed was a little bit deeper, it was more than capable of hauling anything we threw in it. Yeah, this long bed adds to the X-Runner's overall length, which hampers the truck's ability to maneuver in tight spaces, but we must say we liked the versatility the truck bed provided. This long bed made the X-Runner downright practical at times.

We know that we kind of came down on the X-Runner's lack of low-speed maneuverability, its harsh ride and its "floatiness" at highway speeds, but we can't help but like this truck. It just looks so good, we feel ten times more handsome just sitting behind the wheel.

As it stands, we can almost see ourselves hopping into an X-Runner of our own. It combines good looks, decent performance and a whole lot of space in a relatively low-key package. The cops are unlikely to pull an X-Runner over, and the sport compact car thieves will just overlook the X-Runner altogether.

But we still can't get around the rough ride and less-than-stellar suspension. Maybe we're getting old, but we'd like to see a "softer" version of the X-Runner, perhaps it could be brought out under the old S-Runner name. Here's our plan: Toyota would keep the X-Runner's engine, aero kit, wheels and tires. Hell, most of the suspension would remain, too. We'd like to see Toyota soften up the suspension (so that it is livable over most roads) and add an automatic transmission. Most people don't need .9Gs of cornering ability in their truck, so we'd love to see Toyota give us an X-Runner-based sporty truck that is fun to drive and works as a comfortable daily commuter. If Toyota can deliver a truck like that, we'd be the first in line to buy one. However, as it stands, the X-Runner is for die-hard sport truck fans only.

Vince77

Reaction score
Some one should tell that cry baby to buy a camry and shut his mouth!!!! Friggin idiots!!! ok I'm good now.

overdriven

Reaction score
Where was this from? Sounds like this guy is close to retirement and should buy a cadillac. I guess this guy missed the point of the XR, it IS for the sport truck crowd, not a watered down made for the masses version like the extreme. The only reason I can relate to his requests is because of my father's gripes. He has a 2007 ext cab 4cyl auto 2wd taco. He really wanted a v6 auto, but they don't offer it except in pre-runner form. He actually likes my truck alot, and always comes back with a smile on his face when I let him take it out. He just doesn't want to drive stick all the time, and doesn't want or need the handling and ride of the XR. But to make a softer XR with the body kit and everything is rediculous.

CaliKnightRider

Reaction score
who would say such things, he needs a chevy s-10 and to come out of the closet! lol

x-runner kid

Reaction score
WTF this guy sounds like a wimp it rides to hard and the suspension is to stiff some one needs to tell this guy that good corning=rough ride

Stevenredx

Reaction score
This was a review that one of the magazines or online auto places did on the X, it was posted here a while back... don't remember all the details tho.

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
This truck handles solid on the highway at high speeds IMO. Of course the low speed maneuvers aren't to great, its a truck... It doesn't have the turning radius of an econobox.

Yotaman

"Shortbus"
Reaction score
Wat a complete JO!

It rides rough for a reason re-tad...:rock:

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
"Who needs .9Gs of cornering ability in their truck?"

I do a-hole - as a matter of fact, I'm pissed that it won't pull a solid 1G. Now shut up and go get me another beer sissy boy.

:biggrin:

PLCX

Reaction score
that guy obviously doent own an x. guys a JOFF imho

rpmspeedyblue

Reaction score
I believe the person who wrote the article favored the Honda Ridgeline over the Tacoma Trucks. He liked the compartments inside and out. :biggrin:

Sykotic336

Reaction score
hey you cant help if someone says something about something you know? you cant control other peoples words. In a way we do the same thing about chevys and etc. its just all personal opinions and all that matters is what you like/care about your own but thats just me. And occasionally i would wanna tell them that the X is way better than any other truck lol but still i can understanf

jmoore120

Reaction score
Yeah everyones got opinions but the X is a great truck imo. Just think of the people who read that crap and didnt buy a X because of it. How many people read his review and could have said, Nah ill just buy a ford or chevy instead, I looks good but sounds like the rides gonna be too rough for me. He really didnt say one good thing about it other than it looks good. Hell, anyone who has ever looked at it thought that.

Yallrun

Reaction score
This dude must be some old Cadillac fan boy, which you see on weekend on the HWY doing 45 in a 65 MPH zone. What an a$$ clown!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DJmckay

Reaction score
"Who needs .9Gs of cornering ability in their truck?"

I do a-hole - as a matter of fact, I'm pissed that it won't pull a solid 1G. Now shut up and go get me another beer sissy boy.

:biggrin:

HAHAHA i couldnt have said it better myself :hahaha::rock:

Top Bottom