Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Disrespecting the XR

Grumpy

Reaction score
Complaining about rough ride?:laugh: What a wuss! For one, this is a truck. A sport truck, damn good one, but still a truck. Its gonna ride like one.

Guess they never drive a performance vehicle. Its a trade off between comfort and handling, unless you have one of those fancy electronic dampener. Guess you can put some 75 series tires on it, but then it would just be an oxymoron.

Don't need 1g cornering performance? Toyota also make Tacoma in many trim level. Water downing the XR would just be counter-productive and a waste of engineering effort that goes into it.

DOGSTOY06

Banned
Reaction score
Where was this from? Sounds like this guy is close to retirement and should buy a cadillac. I guess this guy missed the point of the XR, it IS for the sport truck crowd, not a watered down made for the masses version like the extreme. The only reason I can relate to his requests is because of my father's gripes. He has a 2007 ext cab 4cyl auto 2wd taco. He really wanted a v6 auto, but they don't offer it except in pre-runner form. He actually likes my truck alot, and always comes back with a smile on his face when I let him take it out. He just doesn't want to drive stick all the time, and doesn't want or need the handling and ride of the XR. But to make a softer XR with the body kit and everything is rediculous.

overdriven, bad statement.I'm 4 yrs from rerirement and expected a sport truck to have a performance ride & i got it! not all of us old timers needs a caddy ride in a sport truck!:top::laugh:

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
overdriven, bad statement.I'm 4 yrs from rerirement and expected a sport truck to have a performance ride & i got it! not all of us old timers needs a caddy ride in a sport truck!:top::laugh:

Mad respect Dog. :adore: You may be an "old timer" but you're and old timer with a sick truck! :driver:

VIPDreamin

"Mr. Incredible"
Reaction score
Not a good daily driver? my 70k odometer says otherwise:)

rpmspeedyblue

Reaction score

"It's odd that the truck feels unstable at higher speeds as the X-Runner rides on a long 127.2-inch wheelbase".I read the whole review and found this statement. Wow, I really can't believe this. IMO I feel that the truck does excellent at high speeds. :dontknow:
"in addition to the truck's 208-inch overall length means that the X-Runner isn't an easy vehicle to maneuver -- at least around tight spaces. The X-Runner feels fine in sweeping corners, but try to park this thing in a regular parking spot and suddenly the Toyota feels much larger than it is." I guess he thinks the X-Runner should be like a mini cooper. Its obvious that the guy doesn't know much about a truck.

Last edited:

Reaction score
Hell I am 58, I can cruise down the highway feelin good and then go to the Blvd and kick some a**. Been doin custom since '65 and like the runner just the way it is. My 2 cents

KX7

Reaction score
Mad respect Dog. :adore: You may be an "old timer" but you're and old timer with a sick truck! :driver:

I couldnt have said it any better!:adore:

automatic transmission????? you gotta be kidding no way jose not for me....:thumpdown::thumpdown:

i_ski

Reaction score
"Who needs .9Gs of cornering ability in their truck?"

I do a-hole - as a matter of fact, I'm pissed that it won't pull a solid 1G. Now shut up and go get me another beer sissy boy.

:biggrin:

This person couldn't stomach a beer, these are the people Zima is/was marketed to.

hrspwr236

Reaction score
some people just understand, only the owners can truely say how great this truck is, most those people will give a review based on what they see is what it should be not what the vehicle was meant for, xrunners:rock:

crown14

Reaction score
Obviously even Toyota agrees with the guy. The truck is a niche vehicle.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sykotic336

Reaction score
some people just understand, only the owners can truely say how great this truck is, most those people will give a review based on what they see is what it should be not what the vehicle was meant for, xrunners:rock:
exactly never judge a book by its cover.... and with the X you shouldnt need to its pretty much self explanatory:burnout::driver:

G

gixxerman11

i think my x is smooth but then again i came from a fully built evo haha

rich017

Reaction score
I like how the X rides rough. You can feel everything you drive over and I personally like it. Most people just want a car that you see everyday that is user friendly inside and out for the passengers......that's no fun at all. Also the X is a truck that you can mod fairly easily and most people just don't appreciate that. So **** the guy who wrote a review!!! He should buy a ford Taurus or something and flip once he hits 90

Top Bottom