Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

DJM 3/3 Drop No Frame Cut

Snoopy_TXR

Reaction score
Let me clear this up. I did not use the (2) frame notch. If you guys want it, I will sell it PM me.

Murderface

Reaction score
It was nice doing business with u Filmore:top: I gotta get some shut eye, gotta be up for work in 4 1/2 hrs:thumpdown:

Kailua-X-Runner

Reaction score
yah thats what i want to do...
the 3" drop in front (upper and lower arms)
and only the 3" block in the rear...
i think it looks better that way, plus im a bit iffy about cutting into my frame

how much clearance do you have from the ground to the body kit?
i dont mind driving like im on egg shells, but i have a pretty good incline for my drive way..
and to deal with that everyday would suck

Last edited:

kelson

Reaction score
cheehee welcome to the no notch runumhard club :rock:

Tunedx

Reaction score
I can't even imagine how harsh that ride could be. I'm running 2" blocks and I bottom out pretty freqently

VIPDreamin

"Mr. Incredible"
Reaction score
Unless hes got helper bags I don't even see how it fits...has to ride really really bad when it hits bump. Notch your frame...I don't get what the big deal is. The notch is thicker then the frame anyway...

kelson

Reaction score
Unless hes got helper bags I don't even see how it fits...has to ride really really bad when it hits bump. Notch your frame...I don't get what the big deal is. The notch is thicker then the frame anyway...

insurance? thats my reason. for now anyway.

Snoopy_TXR

Reaction score
That looks great, good job man!

Thanks bro!

yah thats what i want to do...
the 3" drop in front (upper and lower arms)
and only the 3" block in the rear...
i think it looks better that way, plus im a bit iffy about cutting into my frame

how much clearance do you have from the ground to the body kit?
i dont mind driving like im on egg shells, but i have a pretty good incline for my drive way..
and to deal with that everyday would suck

Yea I didn't want to cut into the frame either. Didn't want to take the chance of messing up or weakening the frame. I didn't measure the clearance but I make it over my drive way and speed bumps. I can't park over curbs for the front but the rears clear to a certain point.

Yea, thats gonna be HARSH!

It is pretty harsh but a buddy of mine did an experiment on his by removing one or two leave spring out of his truck and it actually rides smoother. I'm going to try that this weekend and will let you know how it goes.

Last edited:

VIPDreamin

"Mr. Incredible"
Reaction score
cuz your cutting into the frame and modifying it.

Correction you are trimming the frame....I' ve never heard of this i mean my truck just passed state inspection and they looked at the notch...

Kailua-X-Runner

Reaction score
Correction you are trimming the frame....I' ve never heard of this i mean my truck just passed state inspection and they looked at the notch...

What state is dat? In Hawaii, we got Safety Check and Recon...

QUOTE = Yea I didn't want to cut into the frame either. Didn't want to take the chance of messing up or weakening the frame. I didn't measure the clearance but I make it over my drive way and speed bumps. I can't park over curbs for the front but the rears clear to a certain point.

exactly... and i figured i would be able to at least reverse park to certain point with out that notch... thats a positve...

can anyone tell me what is the point of the notch, if the kit comes with 3" or 4" blocks?

Last edited:

Snoopy_TXR

Reaction score
Fillmore just get some QA1's and that will help a lot!

It's on my to get list!

What state is dat? In Hawaii, we got Safety Check and Recon...

QUOTE = Yea I didn't want to cut into the frame either. Didn't want to take the chance of messing up or weakening the frame. I didn't measure the clearance but I make it over my drive way and speed bumps. I can't park over curbs for the front but the rears clear to a certain point.

exactly... and i figured i would be able to at least reverse park to certain point with out that notch... thats a positve...

can anyone tell me what is the point of the notch, if the kit comes with 3" or 4" blocks?

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think a c-notch is suppose to give your axles room to recoil over bumps to reduce ride roughness.

Last edited:

Rodriguez

Reaction score
Looks good boss! Your front looks tucked in the first dropped pic...so sick!

Top Bottom