Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

DJM drop kit

jockin my styLez

Reaction score
how long has this kit been out?
how long have you had it on your truck?
have you had any problems relating to the DJM kit after installing it on your truck?

DOGSTOY06

Banned
Reaction score
I want to say its been out less than 6 months been on about 5 months,no probs with the kit.:top:

Spicy Taco X

Reaction score
How many DJM kits are there? I have heard about 3/3, and 3/4, but is there a 2/3?

MORT-RUNNER

Reaction score
a

a djm 2/3 would be ideal for me ...3/4 is just to low where i live

Same here!...I have the SOS kit but if I could go an inch lower in the front...I would be good. I just am not a fan of knotching the frame. I totally think the drop is sick! :top: I love it!...but I don't want to knoch the frame.

DOGSTOY06

Banned
Reaction score
MORT THE SOS DROP ACTUALLY COMES OUT TO 1.5/2 MEASURE WISE..TROUBLE IS YOU CAN'T ADD C2C 1" TO IT EITHER THEN YOU HAVE WAY TOO MUCH NEGATIVE CAMBER.I TRIED IT WITH NO LUCK THATS WHY I WENT TO DJM 3/3.:top:

MORT-RUNNER

Reaction score
MORT THE SOS DROP ACTUALLY COMES OUT TO 1.5/2 MEASURE WISE..TROUBLE IS YOU CAN'T ADD C2C 1" TO IT EITHER THEN YOU HAVE WAY TOO MUCH NEGATIVE CAMBER.I TRIED IT WITH NO LUCK THATS WHY I WENT TO DJM 3/3.:top:

Yeah...I know. I wanna go at least an inch lower. I am hoping for coil overs. Wishful thinking though.

MXXN

Reaction score
Dont they list it as a 3/4 for the standard tacoma? If the X's suspension is already an inch lower then a standard taco, wouldnt that mean the kit is more like a 2/3 drop.

07XR808

Reaction score
All you guys are nuts to think 3/4 inch or just lucky to not live in town i guess. Yesterday at Pucks Alley I scraped going over that hill in the parking lot. Would've gotten stuck with the 3/4 inch DJM kit

REG CAB X

Reaction score
Dont they list it as a 3/4 for the standard tacoma? If the X's suspension is already an inch lower then a standard taco, wouldnt that mean the kit is more like a 2/3 drop.

The 1 inch lower stance on the XR is achieved by the front struts being shorter and the rear leaf springs are dearched a little. Therefor replacing the A-Arms and adding blocks will result in the same amount of drop on either truck since you are not replaceing the parts that cause the XR to be lower. If you put the DJM kit on both a regular Tacoma and an XR, the XR would still sit an inch lower when you were done.

Stevenredx

Reaction score
The 1 inch lower stance on the XR is achieved by the front struts being shorter and the rear leaf springs are dearched a little. Therefor replacing the A-Arms and adding blocks will result in the same amount of drop on either truck since you are not replaceing the parts that cause the XR to be lower. If you put the DJM kit on both a regular Tacoma and an XR, the XR would still sit an inch lower when you were done.

See, told you that you knew everything about these trucks :laugh:

Good explanation :top:

MXXN

Reaction score
Yeah, I thought about it after I posted and the fact that its the control arms making the drop that it would still be 3 inches.

DOGSTOY06

Banned
Reaction score
MXXN,the stock tacoma sit 1" higher all around than the xr.so if the tacoma went 3/4 and the xr went 3/4 it would still be 1" lower than the tacoma.

jockin my styLez

Reaction score
hmm so we got 1 guy that has it in here..
and 07xr808 you scraped with the c2c?
damn..i go to pucks alley sometimes to check out that store pipeline
i like get the djm cuz the other drops dont look as nice that high up

DOGSTOY06

Banned
Reaction score
Jockin,yeah bro you won't be doing any off road activities with the 3/3 or 3/4.small hills you will get high centered and drag the side panels.Those plastic fasteners will pop easily.:top: that the only bummer.

jmony55

Reaction score
anyone know of any good lowering installation shops in so cal?

Top Bottom