Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

DO NOT install a Bug Guard on your X

dak-rt-2a-XR

Banned
Reaction score
holy crap...is it that hard to clean bugs off? thats more in painters tape that a car wash would cost!

07SWB

Reaction score
when i had my X i taped the front bumper and the mirrors when i went to Vegas just to be sure i didnt get any nasty rock chips in it.. i couldnt care less about some bugs lol

blastap

Reaction score
yah i have chips and it bothers me something awful.

BSP06XRU

Old Member
Reaction score
haha no that was AnthonyF, i haven't seen this picture before lol
AnthonyF's X was SWB. this one is RR. I don't remember who's X it was. Maybe someone who went to that Hoorter meet can chime in?

Dug up another picture of it:
IMG_0279.jpg

Pics were from BobbyB

Edgeman

Reaction score
You can always use blue painters tape!:top::laugh:
IMG_0282.jpg

Glad I bought a SWB!

Thanks for the warning. I purchased a Toyota bug deflector (because bug deflectors work), but I wasn't pleased with the way it attached. It's still sitting in my den, since I haven't decided what to do with it. If I install it, I'll definitely put additional protection to protect the paint!

Last edited:

tyashley13

Reaction score
Mine had one on it also and when i took it off i freaked. I will never put one back on.

JiNsEiGaNaI

Reaction score
I have been running a bug guard n it was strictly for rock chips, but just read this, took my bug guard off n it was a little damaged but not too bad! So i was wondering, i want AND NEED one! So i was wondering whats a good one??? Anyone have the weather tech bug deflector? Since i have window deflectors, figured it would b gud n coolnto have same company

Canadian Girl

Reaction score
I have the same problem.... I was thinking the same ...but doubt they will fix it for me

JiNsEiGaNaI

Reaction score
Well some guys on here said avs is good but wondering wat about the weathertech bug deflectors

prsoldier

Reaction score
My bugshield is attached underneath the hood, no protective strips anywhere on painted surfaces, no corrosion. Looks like the one you bought was cheap.

Attachments

• IMG00036-20110312-1220.jpg
    IMG00036-20110312-1220.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 131

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The one shown in the pics at the beginning of this thread came on my truck (dealer installed) when I bought it. I'm glad you dug up this thread though b/c the paint job that Toyota did on the hood is complete shit --- fading terribly --- and I'm having to get it repainted (on my dime) by a reputable paint shop in the next few weeks. :thumbdown:

prsoldier

Reaction score
Hope it comes out OK, If you are going to purchase another bug shield I recommend one that attaches with screws underneath the hood.

JiNsEiGaNaI

Reaction score
All of them do i believe! Mine had screws underneth hood, but factory toyota one! Check ur brand

X-FREAK

Reaction score
from my experience with the factory guards is nothing but problems, paint damage, wind noise, etc.

Top Bottom