Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Do you feel the X-Runner's are quick?

Do you feel the X-Runner's are quick?

• Total voters

Kailua-X-Runner

Reaction score
i think she is fast for one small truck... but not only is she fast... she look hella solid too...
i dont think there is any other truck that looks as good and as fast stock...

Snoopy_TXR

Reaction score
the x was not built to be a fast truck, it was built to handle better than other sports truck (in which it does and does that better than some sports cars). Would have been nice if we had the 5.7 v8 tundra motors though.

moonrunner

Reaction score
The X is a very slick looking truck. They were built to handle driving on roads. The X was not built to drag race. Whether it is fast or slow, Consider this . The X wieghs 3500 lbs. and powered by a V-6. Thats about the same wieght as a full size truck. Quick!it will surprise you.Fast it runs pretty well .Cornering! there not another truck that can touch it.

Kailua-X-Runner

Reaction score
i agree with all of you... off subject, but i seen that xrunner fest '09 vid, and all those X's look solid... sound hella nutz too... being from hawaii and now living hea in cali, this whole CARB law kills me...

shaX 07

Reaction score
My answer is this:

It depends on how many mod's you have :)

In stock form, no I don't consider this truck Fast, quick, eh I suppose it's not Slow for a truck, but it's not exactly quick either...

Boosted is a different story of course, even then there's a lot of performance variation depending on the mod's list.

rios

Reaction score
its not really fast.
but there is definitely a fun factor while driving it. it makes me feel like im going fast sometimes haha and it looks so good. but yea not too quick

Ray08BSPx

Reaction score
I don't feel like the truck is fast in stock form. My 91 nissan hardbody is dead even with it, but the x is a hell of a lot nicer of a truck and handles great and has a great aftermarket. Definately not slow though.

DERRIXRYD

Reaction score
I would say yes.
Looking at the competitors trucks I say we have the upper hand in this size for straight speed.
Cornering...we blow them away just stock.
The major point in our trucks is they are solid, dependable and hold their value more than any truck in it's class....period.
This is my third toyota truck. The first one, 95 reg cab, I traded in on a new 98 taco V6...that got hit sitting in my driveway one night by someone taking a turn at a high rate of speed and driving off which gave me the down payment for the X.

blknblubkrdude

Reaction score
The X is definitely quick for it's class. Especially considering it uses the same V6 that the other Tacos do. But after all it is made to handle well, and that it does, better than any other truck. Looks secsy too.

sixstringdave

Reaction score
I don't feel like the truck is fast in stock form. My 91 nissan hardbody is dead even with it, but the x is a hell of a lot nicer of a truck and handles great and has a great aftermarket. Definately not slow though.

Wow! You must have some serious work done to that Nissan. My last ride~~1997 hardbody that had a bunch of bolt ons and a nismo cam~~ was NOWHERE near as fast as my stock X.

134 HP and 154lbs torque(which really falls flat after 3600rpm) stock and weighs almost what the X does. So, like i said, yours must have been boosted or something:hmmmm2:

Xer0 SiN

Reaction score
lol...i had to laugh at the hardbody comment...be it ka24 or vg30...it will never be as fast as a 1gr...unless its boosted...and even at that...meh

autobodyX

Reaction score
Watch this video and you will see Quick through the corners and fast 130 at the end to the front stretch at summit point WV. Search summmit point toyota on youtube

DBX

Reaction score
Definitely not quick, but I needed a truck to hual my woodworking projects around and transport wood, so might as well have something that looks good and is functional. My other toy is much quicker, much faster, but unable to carry a 4x8 sheet of plywood, though I have carried a lot of long boards in it, with the top down. it is an 06 red corvetter convertible.

autobodyX

Reaction score
Nice video but u ain't hitting 130mph with no X-1:top: Id love to be able to hit a track with my truck and see how it runs.

Greatly appreciate you posting my video for me :top:

No X-1 for me but the limiter has been disabled, though I will admit i don't know my actual speed since the needle caries past the usable range. 130 is my educated guess based on topping out 4th and pulling 5th for a decent distance on the front strait before the braking zone.

Definitely hit the track if you get the chance, its more fun than I can adequately describe. Not to mention the gratification you get from seeing guys upset about being passed by a truck.

Hope to have my 2nd day videos edited and posted soon. They show much improvement and much more speed.

Murderface

Reaction score
Hey ^^^^^no problem posting the video for ya. How did u disable the top speed governor without an X-1? I think from what I've read that if u do it the way people have previously done it(cutting a wire somewhere) that it Fux up the VVTI.

U could do 2 things to see if ur speed bypass works. Use an app for ur phone that uses the satellite GPS or get a $150 ScangaugeII. The SGII will also let u see ur A/F ratio,rpm,inlet air temps, MAF air speed in GPS and a bunch of other great gauges.

Just recently they built a race facility in NJ about 40 miles from me. They have 2 roadcourses and 1 kickass go-kart trck. Someday I'll make it there. They have NASCAR ARCA races,Daytona prototypes and others there.
http://www.njmotorsportspark.com/tracks.html
faa47ac1.jpg

eed4c039.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom