Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Do you feel the X-Runner's are quick?

Do you feel the X-Runner's are quick?

• Total voters

Slay0r

Reaction score
^ im in ths same situation, i have a friend with a speed 3, and i help him mod it. Since it comes stock turbo'd its easy to add power through tuning. But he still hasnt beat my 1/4 mi #s lol

jimmyboi

Reaction score
Quick is kind of variable from person to person. I drove a gt500 a week before I got mine and used to have a turbo'd integra so it seems a little lacking to me. But I haven't modded it yet so it kind of gives me a challenge :)

Naenia

Reaction score
for what it is stock yes, could it be quicker?... yes, but thats why we all spend our quid on trd, urd and all that goos stuff

bombs

"Affliction Guy"
Reaction score
I think that they're pretty quick for a truck, kinda unexpected in a way. Most people wouldn't expect it from a truck at all!

redrockets4

Reaction score
no, this thing is slow. so is a mazdaspeed3 turbo. but it can handle decently. i was looking at lightnings and silverado ss's prior to purchasing this truck and I should have gone that route. the aftermarket doesn't seem to be there for this engine. I wish i would have gone with the silverado ss. It may be a pig, but it's easy as hell to get 600+awhp out of it.

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
You're right about the aftermarket support lacking a bit, but there are a couple options out there that can put down some pretty good numbers.

Sproulesxrunner

Reaction score
no, this thing is slow. so is a mazdaspeed3 turbo. but it can handle decently. i was looking at lightnings and silverado ss's prior to purchasing this truck and I should have gone that route. the aftermarket doesn't seem to be there for this engine. I wish i would have gone with the silverado ss. It may be a pig, but it's easy as hell to get 600+awhp out of it.

420 rwhp is plenty enough for me. An SS may have more horses, but that doesn't make it any more exciting to drive. Look at blackx-runner and Gadget's xrunners, I don't think that the aftermarket parts are lacking. :top:

Reaction score
This truck doesn't feel fast. I think fast, I think Z06. This truck is quick, let's not lie to ourselves. Perhaps s/c'd this thing is fast but not stock N/A.

It looks like a pig too. Silverado's are not appealing. Then again, this goes with most any American auto's that haven't been taken from other countries (ie the GTO).

Last edited:
Reaction score

Ya, 600hp would be awesome but when a truck is that big and weighs that much, 600hp might not beat a 400 hp mustang or 400 hp sc or turbo X-Runner. Another problem is that those big trucks don't handle well.

Reaction score
I would buy this truck over a gas guzzling full size anyting! When I was out car shopping after I just totaled my 06 cobalt I was dead-set on getting a newer gmc sierra. But when I saw the front of my new X sitting just a few slots down from the sierra, it was love at first sight! I was already sold on the exterior but when I saw that it had a v6 six speed I was hooked. Like previous people said; it's not race care fast. If you want that then buy one. If you want maximum fun, and little pep, and the functionality of a truck well then the choice is obvious and I'm glad I pounced on it because someone else was too. I just happened to get lucky with the financing. Anyways, I don't know what the fuss about the 6th gear is. I like it and I always use it. If you are a city commuter, then I can see where it rarely gets used, but I commute a good distance and do pretty much highway driving so it's great for me. But, that's just my .02c.

Reaction score
Rocky, ever since the X-Runner took over the S-Runner slot, I was like "Damn that's a nice truck." It wasn't until this year I could afford it. I had an 03 base 5 spd Tacoma but it wasn't "doing" it for me. Went to the Speed of Mazda. Too much premium maintenance had to go into caring for a Speed.

Reaction score
I think that its definitely relative. The last two trucks I had sported the 22r. Great little engine, no speed to them in comparison. In that respect it is "quick".

If you compare it, stock, to other cars I looked at like the Lotus Elise, s2000 and 350z then it falls behind those. But I like the fact that I can upgrade it, speed around and spank some people then go get a load of mulch for the yard. The utility combined with the potential is what I love about this truck.

firesquare16

Reaction score
I agree. After carving some mountain runs, i can put a washer, dryer, and chest freezer in the bed the next day.

MplsX

Reaction score
I think that its definitely relative. The last two trucks I had sported the 22r. Great little engine, no speed to them in comparison. In that respect it is "quick".

If you compare it, stock, to other cars I looked at like the Lotus Elise, s2000 and 350z then it falls behind those. But I like the fact that I can upgrade it, speed around and spank some people then go get a load of mulch for the yard. The utility combined with the potential is what I love about this truck.

Well said! Fast for a truck, slow for a sporty car, but the X can haul things and it has practicality that my car can not match.

outofstep

Reaction score
I come from having owned Supras, Grand Nationals, and Trans Ams...

So no, my xrunner feels slow as shit.

SDXR619

Reaction score
Compared to my 98 4 bangin taco this thing is way quicker.. But compared to other sports cars its not very quick (especially stock) but it does get the job done, its quick enough for me and its super fun to drive! Not to mention the functionality of it being an actual truck and its a Toyota. It'll last a long time.

Reaction score
The problem with comparing the XR to other vehicles is there really isn't many vehicles in the same class as the XR. There was the Xtreme from Chevy but the Ford Lightning isn't in the same class and while I don't think they're all that quick, I wouldn't even put the Chevy SSR in the same class.

However, compared to Supras, Z06's, etc... of course this truck is slow. Hell, most entry level "sports" cars are slow in comparison to those. I still say that for what you're getting, the XR is plenty fast and when mated to a s/c (though I've never driven one so I can't speak intelligently on it) one would assume it's pretty comparable to it's bigger full sized sport truck brethren and even as quick as most entry level sport cars.

Top Bottom