Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

does any one play golf????????????

jaxchrisfla

Reaction score
I play at least twice a week right now. A local walking nine hole, then a nice 18 hole course on the weekend.

DBX

Reaction score
I use to live Trophy Club, TX. The Country Club there is pretty good, there is 36 holes, 18 by Arthur Hills and the other is the only Ben Hogan designed course in the world. The group I played with plays early on Saturday and after church on Sunday, yes even during the summer, and some of them walk! and most are older than me (47 at that time). I enjoyed the Tribute /Colony course severa years ago. Golf in Tx is definitely different than here in Florida, lot more critters to worry about here. Last year we had an 8 ft alligator 2 doors down. Raining again here, nearly everyday.

jaxchrisfla

Reaction score
bump, weather is starting to get nice again, and courses are opening back up, whos been playing? any new equipment?

butters607

Reaction score
I won a individual quota tournament last weekend 90 bucks and got some new golf shoes!

archngl

Reaction score
I play and teach golf for a living....playing Titleist irons, Taylormade woods, Cameron putter,
Pro V balls

jaxchrisfla

Reaction score
I want your job^. I want to go to a Pga academy and become a teacher or professional at a course.

WCD

Reaction score
Last week, I played for the first time in six months. Shot a 91, but I still carry the stubborn belief that I will shoot par. One of these days..... :smile:

I need new clubs and the Rocketballz lineup caught my eye, probably because of the name.

jaxchrisfla

Reaction score
They are nice. Hit them a few times in the store. I'm looking at getting the new amp clubs or Adams v3s.

jaxchrisfla

Reaction score
Playing at St Johns Golf and CC tomorrow. Its been the home to the Pga tour qualifying class many times over the last few years. One day I'll play some courses at the world golf village which is only a few minutes from the house.

jaxchrisfla

Reaction score
Just put a deposit on a set of new Taylormade RBZ hybrid iron set. Local golf store had them for 799, got them did 720 before tax. Can't wait to bring them home and go play with them. although, a grip change will be in order as I feel the original ones are not that great.

butters607

Reaction score
Just put a deposit on a set of new Taylormade RBZ hybrid iron set. Local golf store had them for 799, got them did 720 before tax. Can't wait to bring them home and go play with them. although, a grip change will be in order as I feel the original ones are not that great.

yea go with the red and black winn grips they are extremely soft and feel great just had my cobra s2's done oh played a tourney last week with 3 of my buddys shot 86 and we ended up winning mind you my handicap is 21 right now

jaxchrisfla

Reaction score
I have the Winn Lite V17 black and blues on my Nike slingshots that are great, but I want something to match the black and greens of the rbz.

I haven't gotten to play much lately being.I was out if a job from new years til a couple of weeks ago, and now that I'm coming up on a years playing time , I still need to go get some lessons and start progressing a bit more and maybe do some tourneys. I made a lot of progress on my own as I'm pretty good at analyzing things and working on them, but I still need some outside help and things I don't know.

Last edited:

jaxchrisfla

Reaction score
Gotta start looking for a new driver soon as well. Im using an older Nike Dymo SQ at the moment and its just not doing much for me anymore. Ive been using my roommates Nike MachSpeed Str-8 fit and I love that thing, but Im still on the hunt for something of my own.

butters607

Reaction score
Nike str8 sucks I hit it in a shop in myrtle beach the taylormade r11 was way easier to control

X-RunnerMike

Reaction score
first round of the year.... 41 for nine holes.... 2 weeks later shot a 56 for 9.... fail!

Top Bottom