Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Drama D's Build

dramad1

Reaction score
i'm confused......where are the pics :hmmmm2:

ahhhh found them!!! haha

what pulleys are you running on your blower? UCON still not agreeing with your truck?

Stock pulleys. I have seen 6 lbs on the gauge down by the beach and between 3&5 up at 2000ft.
Ucon is still at urd being tested. I'm running the newer version reflash.
Pulls pretty hard and feels good. My exaust is so loud that I can not hear the blower whine.
Gonna stay with stock pulleys for now. I need to do my brake lines and trd pads soon, they are just sitting in my room collecting dust. I get a lot of brake fade.

TommyXrunner

Reaction score
Stock pulleys. I have seen 6 lbs on the gauge down by the beach and between 3&5 up at 2000ft.
Ucon is still at urd being tested. I'm running the newer version reflash.
Pulls pretty hard and feels good. My exaust is so loud that I can not hear the blower whine.
Gonna stay with stock pulleys for now. I need to do my brake lines and trd pads soon, they are just sitting in my room collecting dust. I get a lot of brake fade.

when did they change the flash? i got mine re-flashed last summer. trucks been running great! one thing i really notice now though is that when its really hot out you can really feel the power loss and i'm putting a smaller pulley on soon. thinking about doing something about it. maybe an electric fan or a 7th injector or a cooler thermostat. just don't wanna go crazy spending tons of money for small gains

dramad1

Reaction score
Not sure when they came out with the newer reflash. When Sdxrunner was running a diagnostic and was checking to see if he could reflash my ride, he noticed a newer version.

The 7th would be nice for the heat but you would need a way to tune for it.
E fan IMO after a small discussion about them would be not all that worth it.
Have you thought of meth injection? Not cheap though.
The t stat seems to be the best bang for the buck and will lower your engine temps but you will still experience some power loss due to the heat.
I'm no expert and am relaying info that was told to me when I had asked similar questions.
Grill craft upper for better air flow over inner cooler. ???? The heat sucks balls.

TommyXrunner

Reaction score
Not sure when they came out with the newer reflash. When Sdxrunner was running a diagnostic and was checking to see if he could reflash my ride, he noticed a newer version.

The 7th would be nice for the heat but you would need a way to tune for it.
E fan IMO after a small discussion about them would be not all that worth it.
Have you thought of meth injection? Not cheap though.
The t stat seems to be the best bang for the buck and will lower your engine temps but you will still experience some power loss due to the heat.
I'm no expert and am relaying info that was told to me when I had asked similar questions.
Grill craft upper for better air flow over inner cooler. ???? The heat sucks balls.

ohh ya man its been crazy hot here. 38 celcius here today (100.4 fahrenheit) working outside was brutal!!

Lets see pics of those lights....

ya his headlights are gorgeous!

Last edited:

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Finally a boost upgrade! It has had a few set backs, but it is starting to take of well now. :top:

Weather feels great here in SD. ;)

Toon714

Reaction score
Congrats on the blower!
Damn my old blower been through 3 owners and still going strong. :top:

dramad1

Reaction score
Going to attempt the rgm mod this weekend. I got some bondo, fiberglass resin, fiberglass patch, and three grades if sandpaper, 60,220,400.
Anyone have any helpful tips.
I plan to get as clean of a look as possible so I may have to use a couple layers of bondo and filler after the final sand. Also plan on using some sandable primer to help with any Lil pin holes.

Attachments

• image-289769267.jpg
    image-289769267.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 159

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
I was in the great San Diego. ;) Didn't meet up with any forum members though. Spent to much time enjoying the weather.

Good luck with the RGM. It can turn out very well using that method. :top: Grumpy has done quite the fair share of those. He would be the one to ask if you really need help.

dramad1

Reaction score
I was in the great San Diego. ;) Didn't meet up with any forum members though. Spent to much time enjoying the weather.

Good luck with the RGM. It can turn out very well using that method. :top: Grumpy has done quite the fair share of those. He would be the one to ask if you really need help.

Thank you sir.

Glad you enjoyed the weather. It's usually always nice year around. It's just a few weeks here and there during the summer when it gets obnoxiously hot. But that's what the beach is for.
Kinda trippy thing is you can go from the beach, to the desert, to the snow with in about 30-45 mins depending where you are located in SD.
Sux we missed you. Maybe nxt time. :)

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
That is very true. The beach was a blast. A bit sandy though.....

I was worn out from playing frisbie. Damn mashmallows every where. Lol.

dramad1

Reaction score
That is very true. The beach was a blast. A bit sandy though.....

I was worn out from playing frisbie. Damn mashmallows every where. Lol.

Ha ha. That's right they had that huge marshmallow battle. They where whining about the mess all over the news for days. People are trying to get a marshmallows ban at the beach because of the mess it made. Good times though for sure.

dramad1

Reaction score
Well it's been fiberglassed, bondoed twice, sanded about 6/7 times, primered twice and about to under go its final sanding before paint.
Took a lot more work than I thought as far as sanding and filling. It's not super perfect but pretty close IMO. I did notice after final prime that I have two Lil areas that have some small pits. I'm gonna try to blend them in on final sand and then paint it for now. Pics

Attachments

• image-282343752.jpg
    image-282343752.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 146
  • image-2522939405.jpg
    image-2522939405.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 140
  • image-1507213867.jpg
    image-1507213867.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 141
  • image-4252392888.jpg
    image-4252392888.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 139

TommyXrunner

Reaction score
looks good man! definitely seems like a lot of work but its gonna pay of in the end! recessed grill looks so wicked!!

dramad1

Reaction score
Well it's on and paint is still curing. Went w/ a flat blk.

It looks good but has a few slight imperfections that only I will notice. Very happy w/ end result. I still need to epoxy some bolts for a more perminate ( <-can't spell right now ) mount solution. I bought some bolts and epoxy but bolts are to big for the mesh. ( mx upper)

X is a Lil dirty right now and I need to redo my Evo mod, so, here are a few pics:

Attachments

• image-1084006906.jpg
    image-1084006906.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 139
  • image-278102695.jpg
    image-278102695.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 143
  • image-3767404162.jpg
    image-3767404162.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 144
  • image-395874910.jpg
    image-395874910.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 140

05xrunnerx

Reaction score
Looks sweet. I may have to do this mod soon. That looks real good.

Top Bottom