Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

DT pipe bomb

5000XD

Reaction score
The second muff is more for volume control for us older folks.

G

32 years and goin G , I know what you mean lol.

By the way check your pm please and give me some piece of mind so I can cut it up :top:

09_xrated_barcelona

MR. XRATED
Reaction score
ok guys i did it...i grew some balls and called the guy back and told him too cancel my order for the DT Y-pipe...i hope u guys were correct about it bein a loud obnoxious piece of crap.....oh yea he said that he's gonna get a hold of the moderator on here and take himself off the vendors list he was soo pissed...
Thanks Again for the heads up

and i got my banks in today...IM EXCITED..only 602 miles on my truck an di get too do my first mod on it...woo whoo

Last edited:

DC29

Reaction score
ok guys i did it...i grew some balls and called the guy back and told him too cancel my order for the DT Y-pipe...i hope u guys were correct about it bein a loud obnoxious piece of crap.....oh yea he said that he's gonna get a hold of the moderator on here and take himself off the vendors list he was soo pissed...
Thanks Again for the heads up

and i got my banks in today...IM EXCITED..only 602 miles on my truck an di get too do my first mod on it...woo whoo

ohhhhh wow... i dont know if i should ask who it was. but damn they must be pissed.

are you gonna order the urd y pipe now?

put that banks on!!! and come back and tell us how you like it, i get my afe intake today too!! :rockon:

09_xrated_barcelona

MR. XRATED
Reaction score
HEY GADGET!!!!! which two cats do u suggest takin out? the ones coming off the manifold or the y-pipe cats?? it is easier too take the ones off the manifold then it is the y-pipe but i just wanna make sure we r on the same page...
Thanks
Cam

The Y pipe does not cause rasp. That comes from the engine. The cats do a great job of knocking down the rasp and act as really good mufflers.

When you take out just two of the cats, the truck sounds awesome. When you take out all 4 cats, there are not cats there to tame the rasp and you will need to get a much better muffler.

The optional turbo muffler on the URD cat-back does a very good job of rasp taming with no cats.

It can still be a little loud on very long drives so a few of us have added the second muffler to make the whole system quieter. It is nice to be able to hear yourself think on those long cross country drives....

The second muff is not so much for rasp control, the turbo muff handles that pretty well. The second muff is more for volume control for us older folks.

G

ohhhhh wow... i dont know if i should ask who it was. but damn they must be pissed.

put that banks on!!! and come back and tell us how you like it, i get my afe intake today too!! :rockon:
i got a better idea...i think im just gonna knock out the 2 cats on the manifold or y-pipe...whichever one yall think would be the best idea even though the manifol dones would be easier...but i know i know...easier isnt always better...soo i want u guys too chime in and tell me what yall think...

Last edited:

DC29

Reaction score
i got a better idea...i think im just gonna knock out the 2 cats on the manifold or y-pipe...whichever one yall think would be the best idea even though the manifol dones would be easier...but i know i know...easier isnt always better...soo i want u guys too chime in and tell me what yall think...

no no no, the stock one flows like complete sh!t, the bends suck, the welds suck, the 3 reductions it has completely suck, youll be waaaay happier with the urd y pipe my friend way happier. plus its alot less work. a total of 6 bolts to pull compared to cutting and welding and everything else involved with your idea.

if you wanna do it go for it but id suggest gettin the urd y pipe myself

its not even funny how crappy the stock looks when sitting next to the urd. i layed the 2 next to each other before i installed the urd y, and i laughed for like a half hour.

RedXr

Reaction score
HEY GADGET!!!!! which two cats do u suggest takin out? the ones coming off the manifold or the y-pipe cats?? it is easier too take the ones off the manifold then it is the y-pipe but i just wanna make sure we r on the same page...
Thanks
Cam

The rear cats will be much easier to do, but wont gain you much hp if any. The headers would need to be takin off to do the front cats as well as the o2 sensors. If you are going for performance, then you need to start at the front and work your way back. I wouldnt gut both sets of cats, it will sound like do do. Just my .02. When I gutted my rear cats, it gave a little bit deeper (LITTLE) grunt/hallow sound.

Edit: until you go forced induction, or if you do, I would just stick with a cb exhaust with a good muffler. You will be getting the hallow sound you want with a little added performance. If you plan on going f/i, then start with headers and work your way back. There are enough videos out there to get a good indication of the sound you will see. Good luck.

Last edited:

09_xrated_barcelona

MR. XRATED
Reaction score
well its on...and its sounding good, glad i didnt go with the Y-pipe...its perfect as is. One problem...idk if i put it on wrong or if i got sent the wrong one...but it looks like im draggin my dick bc it doesnt fit inside or up too the hole thats been cut out...anybody else have this problem that went with the banks???
Thanks
Cam

DC29

Reaction score
well its on...and its sounding good, glad i didnt go with the Y-pipe...its perfect as is. One problem...idk if i put it on wrong or if i got sent the wrong one...but it looks like im draggin my dick bc it doesnt fit inside or up too the hole thats been cut out...anybody else have this problem that went with the banks???
Thanks
Cam

the holes for the muffler?

or the where it meets the y?

im not 100% sure which holes your talkin about, if you could snap a pic that would really help

09_xrated_barcelona

MR. XRATED
Reaction score
NO NO...im talkin about where the exhaust tip is suppose too fit in the cut out in the back in the molding of the body kit...it doesnt match up at all..and i dont know why...i mean i try wigglin it every which way i could think...and i thought it might've been bc it was upside down but that wasnt the case either...but everything else match up as far as hangars and rubber pieces and everything..like if u look at the video i posted a couple of posts up...u see the exhaust tip fitting perfectly snug in the body kit cut out...mine doesnt do that. i will post pics when its daylight again for further review.

BadAzzXrunR

Reaction score
What sort of sound would you get by leaving the stock headers on, but using a URD Y pipe and magnaflow cat-back. I curently have the magnaflow catback.I'm deciding if I want to go with the DT long tubes, or just leave the stock headers for now and put on a URD Y pipe. Your guys thoughts?

DC29

Reaction score
What sort of sound would you get by leaving the stock headers on, but using a URD Y pipe and magnaflow cat-back. I curently have the magnaflow catback.I'm deciding if I want to go with the DT long tubes, or just leave the stock headers for now and put on a URD Y pipe. Your guys thoughts?

i have this exact setup at the moment and its f-n sick (urd y, and magnaflow), its got a deep mean growl to it, a little bit of rasp but it wasnt enough for me to be all like wow that sounds like shit.. actually everyone thats ridden in my truck says that its one of the best sounding trucks theyve heard.. i just intstalled an afe si intake and it actually got rid of most if not all the rasp (i dont know why), the only time ive heard it a little bit is when the motor is cold.. so no biggie.. either way longtubes or y pipe you cant go wrong lol.

09_xrated_barcelona

MR. XRATED
Reaction score
hey man heres pics of my dilema

Attachments

• IMG00071.jpg
    IMG00071.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG00072.jpg
    IMG00072.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG00074.jpg
    IMG00074.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 94

BadAzzXrunR

Reaction score
i have this exact setup at the moment and its f-n sick (urd y, and magnaflow

Have you had the truck inspected yet with emmisions? That's the only part I'm worried about. I don't want towaste my time or $ and end up failing the emmissions test.

DC29

Reaction score
hey man heres pics of my dilema

wow somethings not right there... is the part where the y-pipe and the cat-back meet fully seated?? and can you push the pipe any further into the muffler?? cause it looks like its clearly too long..

Have you had the truck inspected yet with emmisions? That's the only part I'm worried about. I don't want towaste my time or $ and end up failing the emmissions test.

no i havent but i honestly i dont care about emissions or the epa (i would burn the epa building to the ground if i knew where the building was lol), i kept my stock one just for this purpose too since it onlytakes 15 minutes to swap em, one of my buddies also has "a guy" if want to go that route..

and as far as not passing the visual.. technically i still have 2 cats (on the stock manifolds) so im not worried, that and i really just dont care lol

are you in cali?

Murderface

Reaction score
and as far as not passing the visual.. technically i still have 2 cats (on the stock manifolds) so im not worried, that and i really just dont care lol

This is why u still dont have too much rasp. Take ur stock manifolds off and replace them with DTLT's. once u have them with the aftermarket Y pipe and ANY catback it will sound like DOODOO. U could help the rasp by adding another muffler in front of the catback one but will still have some rasp.
This was the whole reason I started this thread so people wouldnt make the same mistake I did. Be prepared for rasp if u put on DTLT's /aftermarket Y/catback
Some people dont mind it but like G I'm getting up in age and dont need to be sounding like a POS HONDA:thumpdown:

DC29

Reaction score

This is why u still dont have too much rasp. Take ur stock manifolds off and replace them with DTLT's. once u have them with the aftermarket Y pipe and ANY catback it will sound like DOODOO. U could help the rasp by adding another muffler in front of the catback one but will still have some rasp.
This was the whole reason I started this thread so people wouldnt make the same mistake I did. Be prepared for rasp if u put on DTLT's /aftermarket Y/catback
Some people dont mind it but like G I'm getting up in age and dont need to be sounding like a POS HONDA:thumpdown:

im not tryin to say its not gonna be raspy or doesnt have rasp
i know why it has rasp and how its defeated on the stock system and im not tryin to argue with any of that..i know its gonna have rasp like hell with the LT's.. i just wont care because as long as im winning i wont care too much lol.. but ill have to cross that road when i get there..

RedXr

Reaction score

LOL I agree. The only other Xrunner owner in my valley that I know well has straight through pipes, no cats open muffler with the dtlt and it is loud as hell. Its not bad inside the truck but outside it will make old peoples ears bleed. Not a horrible sound, but something I couldnt drive everyday.

DC29

Reaction score
LOL I agree. The only other Xrunner owner in my valley that I know well has straight through pipes, no cats open muffler with the dtlt and it is loud as hell. Its not bad inside the truck but outside it will make old peoples ears bleed. Not a horrible sound, but something I couldnt drive everyday.

i like to be loud, again this goes back to me not caring lol, you could just turn the volume up lol..

RedXr

Reaction score
Rasp is not a good sound, to anyone. Rasp is created by the engine, and piping that doesnt yield any resonation sounds like crap to me.

DC29

Reaction score
Rasp is not a good sound, to anyone. Rasp is created by the engine, and piping that doesnt yield any resonation sounds like crap to me.

i never said it sounded good, i just said i dont care lol.

Top Bottom