Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Engine Oil Cooler

romaniak

Reaction score
i want to install an oil cooler on my x-runner..i've seen the oil cooler with the sanwich spacer....anyone have any info or a link where i could get one???

XRnRElite77

Reaction score
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/UNIV...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

This is the one i used, and i fabbed brackets for mine and mounted it sideways infront of condensor:

DSC00378.jpg

sandwich plate, NOTE: you will need to shave down the metal oil catch from around the filter for this sandwich plate to fit, not hard just make sure you cover the hole so as no metal shaving will get in motor.

DSC00379.jpg

keeps my oil about 12 degrees cooler. ran a test with just sandwich plate adapter and capped the openings off and ran my temp/pressure sensor off the plate ran it like that for about a week, then put the heat exchanger on and the temp diff was 12 degrees. also engine never gets above 178 degrees s/ced so a good investment.

gl bro, hope this helps

LOW AND BLOWN

Reaction score
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/UNIV...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

This is the one i used, and i fabbed brackets for mine and mounted it sideways infront of condensor:

DSC00378.jpg

sandwich plate, NOTE: you will need to shave down the metal oil catch from around the filter for this sandwich plate to fit, not hard just make sure you cover the hole so as no metal shaving will get in motor.

DSC00379.jpg

keeps my oil about 12 degrees cooler. ran a test with just sandwich plate adapter and capped the openings off and ran my temp/pressure sensor off the plate ran it like that for about a week, then put the heat exchanger on and the temp diff was 12 degrees. also engine never gets above 178 degrees s/ced so a good investment.

gl bro, hope this helps
Did you also have to cut the fan shroud? Looks good other that that:top:

romaniak

Reaction score
that looks awesome....does it use the same oil filter or do i have to get a different size???

ntinhri

Reaction score
toyota oem coolers much clean and more effecent

shaggy08xr

Reaction score
I think this is one it my next investments, buy I was wondering does it require more oil than stock specs? Either way I still want to invest in one.

Coupe

Reaction score
If you are on a budget and want oem, watch ebay. It may take a while, but they pop up.

XRnRElite77

Reaction score
Did you also have to cut the fan shroud? Looks good other that that:top:

yes i cut it for clearance i have since gone the efan route which was the plan from the begining so didnt really care about the shroud lol. Thanks bro :top:

that looks awesome....does it use the same oil filter or do i have to get a different size???
same filter nothing changes there, kit came with 3 adapters you just choose the one that fits your stock pattern.

I think this is one it my next investments, buy I was wondering does it require more oil than stock specs? Either way I still want to invest in one.
yes all OIL COOLERS will require more oil just depends on size of exchanger or length in hose. for example mine oil change is 5.5 quarts not 4.8qts (oem spec). not sure about the OEM one but i belive it needs a little more.

How much is the OEM? I not a high ROLLER though like some:crinklehair:
when i was looking the OEM was about 200 - 350 range some even higher. Mine was 100 shipped and i see excellent results.

either way EXCELLENT investment. :top:

LD X-IN

Reaction score
does that OEM part screw on ? or does it come with a longer feeder tube ? how does that work ? IDK.

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
it has a special nut that holds it down and extends the stud for the oil filter to screw into.
If you look close at the stock one there is a hex head in it. That one comes out and the new one with the cooler replaced it.

romaniak

Reaction score
it has a special nut that holds it down and extends the stud for the oil filter to screw into.
If you look close at the stock one there is a hex head in it. That one comes out and the new one with the cooler replaced it.

where did u get it and how much did it run you?

808XR10

Reaction score
so how does the oem toyota oil cooler installed? is it just that piece and the hoses that you install?

Top Bottom