Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Engine Oil Cooler

Coupe

Reaction score
There is the sandwich plate that goes under the oil filter. There is a new thermostat housing that has two hose connections and two moulded hoses. It is a pretty easy install.

LD X-IN

Reaction score
the OEM oil cooler, is cooled only by the antifreeze? and OEM has no little radiator??

Coupe

Reaction score
The OEM is a water to oil cooler.

Most aftermarket is are to oil cooler.

Once to operating temperature, the engine coolant is a pretty steady 185 degrees F.

Sorry fat fingers.

Most aftermarket coolers are air to oil coolers.

Last edited:

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
I like Xrnrelite77. I've seen it like that many times before on other sports cars like that, and diesel trucks. You don't have so much of a cross of temp changes from oil to radiator. Keeps individual temps cooler, thus better. Once both are hot, then they just radiate more heat. That small heat exchanger is the way to go.

808XR10

Reaction score
so what else do you need if you go with the radiator option? i wanna run something like Xrnrelite77's one but idk what parts i need to buy except the radiator and the hoses..help me out guys

shaggy08xr

Reaction score
Type in oil cooler on ebay and you can get a complete setup including radiator for 99 bucks.

XRnRElite77

Reaction score
this is the kit i bought a while back. All you would need is to make some brackets out of steel or use L brackets from you local hardware store and figure out where to mount it. make sure the lines (steel breaded will rub through rubber hoses and plastic pieces ) are routed and secured away from everything. then you will need to grind down the oil filter cup (where the filter attaches) so that you get a good seal.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/New-...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

LD X-IN

Reaction score
Ya that OEM oil cooler is some big $$$ will buy the OEM sandwich plate (then look for some hose and rad. on Ebay)

Last edited:

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
Ya that OEM oil cooler is some big $$$ will buy the OEM sandwich plate then look for some hose and rad. on Ebay

the OEM setup doesn't use a radiator to cool, it uses the engine coolant. It has a new thermostat housing with extra coolant lines that flow up through the sandwich plate to cool and stabilize the oil temperature.
Adding hoses and a rad to the OEM sandwich plate will not do a thing.

LD X-IN

Reaction score
but the OEM plate is just a in and a out you buy hose and a radiator and you dont have to cut your oil cup ???

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
Its in and out with coolant, not oil.
What do you plan on running through the hose and radiator?
Unless you hook up a small water pump and set up a separate loop of coolant through a small radiator you will be doing nothing.

LD X-IN

Reaction score
Ok I thought oil runs to the water neck with inner tubbing to cool the oil,

Last edited:
Top Bottom