Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Fog light mod gone wrong!!

07XR808

Reaction score
PM Project-C2, he'll probably be able to help yoU!

BigBuff87

Reaction score
Ill just get the stuff fixed and then do it the other way

XRunninTaco

Reaction score
and i will just wait till someone in So Cal does this mod ... i dont feel like messing up my truck tonight :thumpdown:

BigBuff87

Reaction score
I realized it as a pain in the ass to do, but didnt know it had the chance to mess several things up

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
what is a Splice??? see im retarded in this

This:
quick_splice.jpg

Has two sides. The wire that you're splicing into runs all the way through the splice, then the wire that you are splicing with (from the fuse in this instance) goes into the other side. Then you clamp it down and the metal bites into both wires creating a complete circuit.

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I realized it as a pain in the ass to do, but didnt know it had the chance to mess several things up

I have removed this write-up. The other 3 methods are tried and true and we don't want anyone else to run into the problems that you have. I would also recommend PM'ing Project-C2.

XRunninTaco

Reaction score
K2 are you suppose to cut the green wire in order to splice it together???

Spicy Taco X

Reaction score
It seems like a lot of people are having problems with this mod.:dontknow:

XRunninTaco

Reaction score
well im having a problem cuz im duh duh duh with wires :laugh: ... but here is my lil diagram with the splice ... tell me if thats how im suppose to hook it up

wire.jpg

XDsm

Reaction score
One side doesn't go through all the way. There is a stop inside the crimp connector that stops the wire from going all the way through since you are splicing one wire into the other. You do not need to strip or cut any wires using a crimp connector. You merely put the wire inside and push the staple down to give the connection.

XRunninTaco

Reaction score
oh oka it doesnt go all the way through ... but is the concept right though??? the green goes on the outer left hole and the red wire in the inner right hole???

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I just went out and snapped these. Don't pay attention to the quick splice wrapped in white tape - that's for my Tonneau cover. I actually had tape wrapped around all connections but took it off for these pics. Just added precaution to help keep moisture out.

Here ya go:
FLM_001.jpg

Two wires go in...

FLM_002.jpg

One wire comes out...

FLM_003.jpg

This is funny. When I went out to take these pics just now I found this:

funny.jpg

OOPS!
Left that under the hood when I did my FLM (fog light mod). It's amazing that it stayed right there for all 1833 miles of my trip to Florida!!! :laugh:

shook

Reaction score
it takes 2seconds to do and i charged Adi $50 :laugh: just joke !!#%!

XRunninTaco

Reaction score
hahahaha u left the cutters in the hood ... lmao ... thats hilarious ...

so when i bend the Pin i use a "female Faston" to hook it up to the spare wire ... then i splice the spare wire o the green wire ... so all i need is

1. Splice Connector
2. Female Faston
3. Extra Wire

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
so all i need is

1. Splice Connector
2. Female Faston
3. Extra Wire

Yup. That's all you need. :top: I didn't even drill a hole in my fuse box like some people do. If you route it around to the front and then back to the plugs - there's not drilling required. Just use your noodle... it's cake. I'm a computer/web guy - and I did it in 10 minutes. (and then left my tools under the hood) :biggrin:

XRobber

Reaction score
I did and none were blown i checked every single one!

Un-Do what you did... remove all the stuff u did, and put it all back together the way it was.

this is why i dont wanna do this mod ... i dont wanna mess anything up ... i was thinking about doing it today when i got home ... but now readin this ... no sir ... imma wait till someone in so cal does this and can help me ... im clueless on electrical :thumpdown:
Dont be afraid to do this mod. Do it the way below and it will work perfectly.

anyone got pics of option 2 and what i need ... im just going wit option 2 ... head it was super easeier ...

This is it... it is VERY easy.
fusefog8sz.jpg - If you want to put a fuse in between it (personal preference)

fogrelay1yd.jpg - I have done 20+ trucks like this with NO problems.

It seems like a lot of people are having problems with this mod.:dontknow:
Because they are going under thier fuse box....

You guys have taken a 5 minute mod (tested and perfect) and made it a big conglomerated mess.
If you do not have wiring experience, do it the easy way. Jump the top right lead on the relay to the red 10 amp fuse at 5'oclock from the relay.
All done.

If you DO have wiring experience, and know how to use a multimeter, all you have to do is find a 12v+ that turns on and off with the key, and wire that lead on the relay to it.

Either way takes 5 Minutes. If it takes you longer, You are doing it wrong. There is no point in removing the fuse box, there is no point in taking your truck all apart.

Top Bottom