Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Garage queens, turn away now!!!

Do i have the worse looking XR on XRU?

• Yes, you have the ugliest X-Runner i have ever seen

Votes: 28 19.7%
  • No, not so much ugly, as "unique"

Votes: 35 24.6%
  • Its beutifull in its own "special" way

Votes: 79 55.6%

• Total voters

Grumpy

Reaction score
Toyota has been using the same studs for ever. Something like 85-present is the same for nearly all 5lug, 60.1 hub cars/trucks...the ones i went with are for a Celica. they are only 2.35" long....Yours are MASSIVE. The research i did showed that we had two options....one was like 2.6 something. Custom tacos had a thread as did TW. Found more info on pirate 4x4.

I went with the 100-7718's. I all ready have open end lug nuts.

Thanks, nicest thing I've heard all day! :laugh:

Those Celica one will work, knurl diameter is the same. I just need the extra length for my application. IS p/n 100-7715 is compatible as well, 2.600 overall length.
ARP catalog page 66...for those that's following along and need to upgrade theirs as well.

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
Thanks, nicest thing I've heard all day! :laugh:

I knew you couldnt leave that one alone...lol

anywho, the studs should be here friday. Ill install them and see whats up with the damn noises....id really like to figure this out before texfest....:rolleyez:

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
To help others. :top:

http://www.xr-underground.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=41398

Only thing that sucks about these, is that they come in pack of five. Doesn't quite jive with a 6 lugged truck. Lol

The ARP studs did the trick!!! Today marks the 1 week mark, and the sound has not come back. :top: I think i finally solved that issue... :rockon:

------------------

And, in even better news....i finally weighed my truck. I helped My mom, and went on a run down to the City dump, to toss an old couch. And of course, i had to weigh my truck, coming in.

Running errands like this in my truck, always seems to bring a smile to my face. :smile: It may be a borderline race truck, but its still a truck....:top:

Any-who...On the way out, i took her back on up it again. Note, i had just under a 1/2 a tank of gas. Of course subtracted the weight of my Mom:rolleyez:, but kept my weight in the figure....She (my truck:eviltongue:) weighed in at...... 3,600lbs, on the nose, with me in it!!!! Which is exactly where i figured she would sit too after the weight reductions.

Once i get a date set on the cage install, im gonna pull out the rest of the HVAC system, and of course modify my dash board for the cage fitting its self. And will pull out some of the HVAC wiring too.

I am gonna keep my factory radio/sound system, as it really helps me calm down before Competitions. :top:

After that's all done, my goal is to sit RIGHT at 3,600, counting the cage, eventual fuel cell, plexiglass window, light weight battery... etc...

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Wow. That is really good sdx. Right now, if you are still at 330 and 350, then that puts your truck at 10.9 pounds per hp and 10.2 pounds per torque. :top:

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
Wow. That is really good sdx. Right now, if you are still at 330 and 350, then that puts your truck at 10.9 pounds per hp and 10.2 pounds per torque. :top:

That was at 7psi, im at 9psi now..

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Correction then. 331 and 352. :rolleyez:

trd_sport

Reaction score
correction: 329 and 349...........the extra 2 psi was from him bending the exhaust pipe on that last clipping point! zomg!

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
correction: 329 and 349...........the extra 2 psi was from him bending the exhaust pipe on that last clipping point! zomg!

My Exhaust dumps in front of rear axle.....

Mark, I think those nst pullies picked up more then 1 peak HP.....:eviltongue:

Im gonna bet, a even 350whp/360lbft....I gotta dyno here again and see what she lays down.:top:

Whitebeauty

Reaction score
i was askin cuz when ii searched open end lug nuts all i saw was acorns and a bunch of those like u got but they all said aluminum

Toon714

Reaction score
I have weds sport open lug nuts in gun metal :top:
weds_lugs_425x303.jpg

2011-07-18162519.jpg

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
Quick update, the sound is still gone. So i can say for sure, that the creaking/groaning noise was caused by studs...

Now, onto more important matters....

The stack....it had been gone for some time, and i bet many members where happy to see it go....but not me...every-time i saw that hole in my bed, a part of me missed that rowdiness that was so quickly torn from my truck...

i miss hearing from folks in the stands and other drivers, that there were visible 3' high blue flames shooting straight out of my exhaust, as the blower, coupled with my red line, played the sound of its people...see also....

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RACxP9gKJbg&hd=1[/ame]

After re-watching this video last week, i knew it had to come back....so it did....only better, and this time instead of utilizing a single 3" stack, with the flowmaster as a muffler, i used my newly acquired viper muffler....

296332_507397192623345_498400596_n.jpg

Yes, that is actually 100% functioning and yes it sounds amazing....

*puts on flak jacket*

I'm ready for round two of insults....:top:

Consider the following, my Flowmaster was a two chambered muffler, this Viper muffler, is a straight through design...so, in theory, hopefully will see more fire balls...:rockon: In terms of cruising, well, just like last time, it actually got quieter and no drone on the freeway, but screams like a mad spider monkey when you get on it...:blurock:

What it sounds like....here is a quick teaser, more to come later this week...:top:Blah blah blah, filmed on back road in Mexico, nothing illegal here....

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5asVSc8sq0&hd=1[/ame]

Top Bottom