Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Garage queens, turn away now!!!

Do i have the worse looking XR on XRU?

• Yes, you have the ugliest X-Runner i have ever seen

Votes: 28 19.7%
  • No, not so much ugly, as "unique"

Votes: 35 24.6%
  • Its beutifull in its own "special" way

Votes: 79 55.6%

• Total voters

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
sorry kev we keep bouncing between your thread and wilsons thread

I noticed, just commented in it, with a crack pot theory i have....i'm gonna test it eventually test it. Gotta get me a test light to confirm it. :top: then find away to control it...:hmmmm2:

darthyota

Reaction score
ya i saw that and replied it might not be the pump that two stage but the ecu might up the voltage above that to boost pump pressure and if thats the case i would be intrested to know if its part of the reflash programming or part of the stock operation of the truck?

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
ya i saw that and replied it might not be the pump that two stage but the ecu might up the voltage above that to boost pump pressure and if thats the case i would be intrested to know if its part of the reflash programming or part of the stock operation of the truck?

In normal low speed operation, the fuel pumps 12volts goes through a resistor first. In highspeed, it receives full 12 volts. All controlled through a relay, now if i can figure out a way to control it during needed times... Honestly, i have no clue if its part of the stock flash or the TRD...

This is of course, assuming im even on to something....:laugh:

darthyota

Reaction score
your also going to have to find the control circuit if thats the case so maybe some studying of the wiring diagrams for the truck is in order first?:hmmmm2:

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
your also going to have to find the control circuit if thats the case so maybe some studying of the wiring diagrams for the truck is in order first?:hmmmm2:

I all ready did...Thats how i figured out the speed control for it.....i have a vague idea what im doing....:laugh:

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
of course, will post results here. Im curious as to what will happen...

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
In normal low speed operation, the fuel pumps 12volts goes through a resistor first. In highspeed, it receives full 12 volts. All controlled through a relay, now if i can figure out a way to control it during needed times... Honestly, i have no clue if its part of the stock flash or the TRD...

This is of course, assuming im even on to something....:laugh:

Well I know for a fact that without a reflash on my truck, I could hear my pump when it went to full voltage, with the 255 lph. I remember it because I wasn't used to it.

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
Well I know for a fact that without a reflash on my truck, I could hear my pump when it went to full voltage, with the 255 lph. I remember it because I wasn't used to it.

well, i tired tinkering with the Fuel pump control circuit, and it caused all sort of strange results...#1 being my truck idled at 1,800rpms and ran dangerously lean under any boost at all.... So i canned that, and will mark the final nail in the coffin.... :thumbdown:~~

I've decided that by new years, my truck will have a set of 668's and the UCON under the hood. The guardian function and borderline 24/7 tech support are the huge selling points for me. I'm getting tired of ****** rigging everything to try and get her to run ok, and i think by this point in its build process, its time i do it right and be done with it. If i decide to go a different route, (lsx, 2jz....etc), the UCON should hold its value nicely, thanks to G-man keeping it modular. :adore:

If im planning on competing in this truck, having its auto tuning function and target AFR will make life HUGELY SIMPLE.... Considering i'm at sea level, and the two tracks i go too are both at higher elevations, i don't have to worry about her running like dog shit or having to retune her every-time...:top:

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
Sounds good.. Now were talkin... Now put that pulley on!!!

2.7 with NST, im concerned about iat at that point...im happy with my current power, I just wanna get her 100%.

Go ahead and try the nst, lemmie know what You get in terms of power....:top:

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
The ability to set a Target AFR, and the computer to follow as closely as it can ( Actual AFR ) is a very very nice ability of a good EMS. :top:

Whitebeauty

Reaction score
2.7 with NST, im concerned about iat at that point...im happy with my current power, I just wanna get her 100%.

Go ahead and try the nst, lemmie know what You get in terms of power....:top:

Lol...I will...just need to hook up fpr now. Found out my injectors r runnin near max

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
Today, i finally pulled the trigger on a UCON EMS, as there was no way i was gonna pass up $150 off. And I'm going to install it, after i get a set of 668's. Its about damn time my truck got tooned.

I'm going to dyno my truck after its installed, and see what kind of numbers it makes over just the TRD re-flash. Should be interesting, as i've never seen just a before/after UCON/X-1 graph on a TRD truck with out adding any more boost. :dontknow:

#1 reason im getting it is for Guardian mode. When your sideways at 60+mph, it rather hard to watch the AFR gauge and be able to judge if something is a off...And a higher red line with hopefully a bit more top end, will be a nice bonus too. :blurock:

I cant wait!!!

dramad1

Reaction score
Congrats, wish I would have gotten 150 off. Shoulda waited I guess. But yeah congrats.
Can you run a 7th instead of the 668's w/ the Trd charger?or with the ucon? I've been looking around about purchasing a 7th and can't find them anywhere. Preping for boosting into the new year.

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
Congrats, wish I would have gotten 150 off. Shoulda waited I guess. But yeah congrats.
Can you run a 7th instead of the 668's w/ the Trd charger?or with the ucon? I've been looking around about purchasing a 7th and can't find them anywhere. Preping for boosting into the new year.

You could. But id rather upgrade all the primarys as they are second hand, and are running at 95% duty cycle....

Top Bottom