Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

group buy on slotted rotors

ntinhri

Reaction score
Slotted rotors and TRD or other high performance pads..

5000XD

Reaction score
What size. 332 or 355?

I'm interested in the 355 for sure, if the price is right.

Reaction score
So this is just for attention to get a GB going?

I would like to get in on this...

Slotted rotors, TRD pads please!

Twisted Creations

Reaction score
We tried this over a year ago, with little response. But I'll see what we can come up with :top::top:

Do you want just slotted or do you like this ???

db_Front_BBK1.jpg

ntinhri

Reaction score
Yea Xrunnit found some with life time warrty for like 169..

ntinhri

Reaction score
Guess you been riding the brakes girly man?

um sorry bro you wont know about this, but Ill try to explain.... See my gas pedal goes down father than your.. thus My truck is very much quicker than yours... Not to mention my truck is currently runing there for as my truck runs (and goes faster) it takes brakes to stop the beast. So since I have about 80000 miles in my fast truck its about time to upgrade the stopping power since more PSI and fuel is on the way. Once you get your running I'll try to show how to actually make yours faster if you'd like (cough TRD cough)......

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes - the XRU staff, after much deliberation, came up with this forum idea as a way to hopefully solve our groupbuy problem. Doing groupbuys for businesses that do not support our forum any just doesn't make much sense to me --- which is why we had a no-non-vendor-group-buy policy. But this forum is a place where you guys can post a request for a groupbuy so that our vendors can try to get one going for us (should they deem it profitable).

Hopefully this will be a great compromise to benefit the forum and also our vendors that work hard to provide us with product.

ntinhri

Reaction score
Yes - the XRU staff, after much deliberation, came up with this forum idea as a way to hopefully solve our groupbuy problem. Doing groupbuys for businesses that do not support our forum any just doesn't make much sense to me --- which is why we had a no-non-vendor-group-buy policy. But this forum is a place where you guys can post a request for a groupbuy so that our vendors can try to get one going for us (should they deem it profitable).

Hopefully this will be a great compromise to benefit the forum and also our vendors that work hard to provide us with product.

so you are in on slotted rotors and trd brakes too right?:laugh:

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score

Very good idea... Now what do I need :biggrin:

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
so you are in on slotted rotors and trd brakes too right?:laugh:

Yes and no. I do want the slotted, drilled rotors - but was thinking of going with Hawk pads. From what I've read they are a little less dusty than the TRD pads and comparable stopping capability.

Problem is... I need to make a move and have mine in hand in about 2-3 weeks max.

jmony55

Reaction score
im interested. id like to get a good deal on a new set of rotors and pads.

id also be interested if the rotors came in bigger sizes besides stock.

5000XD

Reaction score
Dang it, thought this would be a BIG BRAKE kit groupbuy :frown: oh well.

Just a tip for the op, have you checked autoanything.com for instance. They have upgrade rotors for our truck ranging from US$ 120 - 220 per set (ie. Powerstop, EBC).

Last weekend I installed a set of Baer Decela Rotors and Hawk HPS Brake Pads on my moms '98 4Runner. I will tell you this, compared to the stock rotors and old pads this 4Runner really stops when you stand on it :laugh:

Last edited:

moonrunner

Reaction score
The only bad thing about the drilled rotors, they wear out the pads to quickly. The slotted & dimpled rotors are better.

rice247

Reaction score
I'm down for some slotted/drilled rotors. Don't know about the TRD pads though. I had them on my MR2 awhile back and they helped me stop on a dime but there was so much brake dust it wasn't worth it for me.

Top Bottom