Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

group buy on slotted rotors

SickRedXRnr

"OK, Good Talk"
Reaction score
Yes and no. I do want the slotted, drilled rotors - but was thinking of going with Hawk pads. From what I've read they are a little less dusty than the TRD pads and comparable stopping capability.

Problem is... I need to make a move and have mine in hand in about 2-3 weeks max.

Klint - I've used hawk pads for many years now, maybe you have too but just letting you know... makes a HUGE difference. I was going to go TRD as well but from what everyone says about the dust, ehhhh maybe not. Hawks left little to no dust, lasted a long while, and can be bought at any pep boys. Dimpled and slotted rotors with hawk pads = insta stop.... ok good talk

Tunedx

Reaction score
Upgrading your stock pads and rotors worth doing or should I just skip this step and save some funds and go with bbk upgrade. Not sure when this will happen but I'm wondering if its worth dishing out the extra cake to go with bbk kit.

2006nightrider

Reaction score
Upgrading your stock pads and rotors worth doing or should I just skip this step and save some funds and go with bbk upgrade.
Many members on this site who have upgraded their factory pads and rotors (not BBK) said it was a very noticeable difference in stopping power.

I think its a good/cheap alternative to the BBK

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Not sure when this will happen but I'm wondering if its worth dishing out the extra cake to go with bbk kit.

I'll let you know after I do my upgrade. I've driven trucks with the BBK and I have stock brakes --- so I should be able to do a decent comparison after upgrading to new rotors and Hawk pads + SS brake lines.

Tunedx

Reaction score
I'll let you know after I do my upgrade. I've driven trucks with the BBK and I have stock brakes --- so I should be able to do a decent comparison after upgrading to new rotors and Hawk pads + SS brake lines.

Keep us posted with a full review bro:top:

XRnRElite77

Reaction score
I have a heavy foot hehehe..... as i think most of us do lol. Im down with this GB if it happens. I like the appearance and the performance of drilled/slotted rotors. Does anyone know if they make SS brake lines that are precut for the lengths already fo the XR. just curious.

Twisted Creations

Reaction score
I have a heavy foot hehehe..... as i think most of us do lol. Im down with this GB if it happens. I like the appearance and the performance of drilled/slotted rotors. Does anyone know if they make SS brake lines that are precut for the lengths already fo the XR. just curious.

:hmmmm2: http://www.totallytwistedcreations.com/html/ss_brake_line_kit_0.html

db_SS_Brake_Line_Kit3.jpg

XRnRElite77

Reaction score
LOL.... oops.... sorry I remembered seeing them somewhere on here just could not remember where. I will prolly order them when I get the Dual TTC's in the up coming weeks :top:

CaliKnightRider

Reaction score
what are the benefits of having stainless steel brake lines, i would like to learn a lil more about our brakes

dak-rt-2a-XR

Banned
Reaction score
what are the benefits of having stainless steel brake lines, i would like to learn a lil more about our brakes
your current hoses are rubber. They can get hot and wear out quickly. If they get hot and rub the can develop holes.

SS lines get rid of the problem.

Yardie

"The Jamaican"
Reaction score

your current hoses are rubber. They can get hot and wear out quickly. If they get hot and rub the can develop holes.

SS lines get rid of the problem.

Rubber hoses also allow room for expansion, in other words, when you press on the brakes, some of the force will be lost by expanding the brake lines. With the SS brake lines, there is less expansion,allowing more force to be applied to the brakes and a better pedal feel :top:

Top Bottom