Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

HELP

BLUE X

Reaction score
OK INEED SOME ADVICE, MY GIRLFRIEND BOUGHT A TRUCK ON THE 23 OF SEPTEMBER FROM A SAMALL USED CAR DEALER. WELL ON THE FIRST OF OCT. IT GOT STOLEN FROM HER WORK, SHE ONLY HAD IT FOR A WEEK. WE JUST GOT A CALLED YESTERDAY FROM THE DEALER, THE GUY SAID THAT THE TRUCK THAT HE SOLD TO US WAS NOT HIS, IT WAS ONE OF HIS FRIENDS BUT HE WAS SELLING THROUGH HIS DEALER THAT WAY HIS FRIEND WILL GET THE AMOUNT THAT HE WAS ASKING FOR THE TRUCK. MY GF MADE A POLICE REPORT THAT SAME DAY SHE CALLED HER INSURANCE DID THE CLAIM AND EVERYTHING. WELL THE REAL OWNRE OF THE TRUCK WANTS TO CLAIM IT UNDER HIS INSURANCE BECAUSE HE SAYS HE STILL HAS IT UNDER HIS NAME. I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO PLEASE HELP, WHEN THE TRUCK WAS STOLEN NO BODY SAW NOTHING IT WAS ONLY IN A MATTER OF SECONDS SO IM THINKING THE REAL OWNER HAD TO HAD AN EXTRA KEY AND REMOTE. SRRY IF THERES ANY CONFUSIONS IM JUST VERY STRESSED OUT. :frown:THANKS

T0LLPHR33

"Catwoman"
Reaction score
WTF...take that dealership to court...:top: if you have a bill of sale doesn't matter if the owner didn't sell it; the dealership would have to take care of that between the stealership and the original owner...

this is pretty f*cked up...:thumpdown: sounds like they were trying to scam her...:dontknow:

BLUE X

Reaction score
Well We Just Have The Contract From When Purchasinfg The Vehicle, But We Did Not Get To Finace The Truck Because The Credit Union Wanted Us To Go To Their Office And Signed The Papers There.

PascoX

Reaction score
If you bought it from a used car lot, you should have some receipts or some kind of paperwork documenting the transaction. Save all that and give it to her insurance company. Also, have you informed her insurance company of what the original owner is trying to do ? And if so, what have they said about the situation so far ? So you signed purchase paperwork, but never any finance paperwork from credit company ?

BLUE X

Reaction score
Thats What Im Thinking The Bad Part Is That We Are Going Through So Much Right Now We Don T Know What To Do.

R

racerx

This happen to a friend of mine about 2 months back he took the stealership to court and well sorry to say he lost and he lost his money he had the car for about 6 months and they only gave him like 1K back for his troubles so i hope you have better luck than he did

OH and i forgot to add he put about 5K into the car but they would let him take any of it off

T0LLPHR33

"Catwoman"
Reaction score
you guys signed a purchasing contract but didn't sign credit papers...:hmmmm2: that already sounds fishy

Well We Just Have The Contract From When Purchasing The Vehicle, But We Did Not Get To Finance The Truck Because The Credit Union Wanted Us To Go To Their Office And Signed The Papers There.

X2...that was my 1st thought too...:thumpdown:

This was my first thought when reading the story.

any word yet from insurance company? what has the stealership told you guys...:dontknow:

If you bought it from a used car lot, you should have some receipts or some kind of paperwork documenting the transaction. Save all that and give it to her insurance company. Also, have you informed her insurance company of what the original owner is trying to do ? And if so, what have they said about the situation so far ? So you signed purchase paperwork, but never any finance paperwork from credit company ?

you guys did right by filing a police report 1st, then you filed a claim with her insurance company, and then called the dealership. I would also get a good lawyer on your side because this whole situation sounds a little fishy. The stealership made you sign a purchasing contract, they didn't make you sign any credit papers or loan applications, and her truck was stolen like that...:hmmmm2: if you ask me sounds like a scam and it sounds like the dealership and the dealerships friend is trying to pull insurance fraud. seriously bro this is f*ck*d up...I would sue them right away...keep us updated on the situation please...good luck bro

Thats What Im Thinking The Bad Part Is That We Are Going Through So Much Right Now We Don T Know What To Do.

BLUE X

Reaction score
Were Trying To Get In Contact With The Insurance But They Are Really Hard To Get In Contact With Them.

T0LLPHR33

"Catwoman"
Reaction score
Honestly bro get a lawyer...not only will that take the burden off of the shoulders of you and your chick but they(lawyer/s) will be able to help you guys figure out where you currently stand. This is going to be a long and tedious process but don't let up at all bro. 1st off to me sounds like the dealership and the original owner have some sort of insurance fraud they are trying to pull. especially with you guys signing the purchasing contract but no paper work was done for credit or loan application...sounds fishy sounds more like a scam to me. I would take legal action ASAP...

Were Trying To Get In Contact With The Insurance But They Are Really Hard To Get In Contact With Them.

BLUE X

Reaction score
Thanks Everybody For Ur Advice Hopefully This Ends Soon Cuz Is Killingme

PascoX

Reaction score
I'm not sure I understand all this right, from trying to piece it together. But this is my take on it: If you didn't do any credit paperwork, then you don't owe the credit company any money, and they are out of this equation. Now that leaves you, the dealer, and the original owner. If you have the truck and didn't pay for it, but signed a purchase agreement from a car lot dealer, then you would either owe him the money or the truck back. However from what I understand, he had the truck on consignment for a friend. So if the friend claims it on his insurance, then the friend recovers the money for his truck, the dealer is not out anything, and you are not out anything. So you should not owe anybody anything, if I understand this right and everything you told me is right.

TitanRattler813

Reaction score
I'm not sure I understand all this right, from trying to piece it together. But this is my take on it: If you didn't do any credit paperwork, then you don't owe the credit company any money, and they are out of this equation. Now that leaves you, the dealer, and the original owner. If you have the truck and didn't pay for it, but signed a purchase agreement from a car lot dealer, then you would either owe him the money or the truck back. However from what I understand, he had the truck on consignment for a friend. So if the friend claims it on his insurance, then the friend recovers the money for his truck, the dealer is not out anything, and you are not out anything. So you should not owe anybody anything, if I understand this right and everything you told me is right.

... unless the vehicle was purchased cash, which he SHOULD have gotten a bill of sale for. But you're right... according to the story, that was never mentioned. Although financing was.

Here's an idea... Read the purchase agreement and see what it says. It doesn't seem like you know exactly what you signed your name on, because you should have a LOT more paperwork than it seems right now. If you have the vehicle insured and it wasn't paid for in cash, then who does your insurance company recognize as the lienholder if the financing paperwork was never finished?

BLUE X

Reaction score
what the thing is that the dealer and the suppose owner say that they what there money and that we should be responsible for the truck.

T0LLPHR33

"Catwoman"
Reaction score
HUH...:hmmmm2:

let me get this correct...is this your insurance company said or is this what the dealership told you...:dontknow:

if I am understanding your statement correctly your saying "the dealer and the supposed owner(previous owner: who took the truck in on consignment) are telling you that the money is theirs and the responsibility of the stolen truck falls on you guys..."

Is this correct...?

what the thing is that the dealer and the suppose owner say that they what there money and that we should be responsible for the truck.

T0LLPHR33

"Catwoman"
Reaction score
ok if that's the case shouldn't your insurance company cover the loss of the stolen truck...:hmmmm2: what has your insurance company told you guys about this ordeal...? what did the police report state and have the police contacted you guys since the truck was stolen...

PascoX

Reaction score
If it is your responsibility, then why did the original owner call his insurance company ?

Top Bottom