Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

HELP

T0LLPHR33

"Catwoman"
Reaction score
X2...seriously why did the original owner call his insurance company...still sounds like a scam and insurance fraud to me...:thumpdown:

If it is your responsibility, then why did the original owner call his insurance company ?

BLUE X

Reaction score
Nope They Just Tell Us To Wait For A Call Either From The Insurance Or Cops

T0LLPHR33

"Catwoman"
Reaction score
so the insurance company is not going to cover the loss of the stolen truck...you said "NOPE"...is that correct...:dontknow:

but the insurance company and/or cops told you guys to wait for a call from either 1 or both...WTF bro...why can't the insurance company give you guys a straight answer...when they are more then willing to take your money STRAIGHT from your pocket...:thumpdown:

ok if that's the case shouldn't your insurance company cover the loss of the stolen truck...:hmmmm2: what has your insurance company told you guys about this ordeal...? what did the police report state and have the police contacted you guys since the truck was stolen...

Nope They Just Tell Us To Wait For A Call Either From The Insurance Or Cops

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
In a case like this the person who holds the title owns the vehicle. The vehicle will be returned to the person who owns the paperwork.

Anything more will need to be sorted out in Criminal And/Or Civil court.

T0LLPHR33

"Catwoman"
Reaction score
I understand that part...but why oh why would the insurance companies allow multiple claims on the same truck when there's 2 different parties involved...:dontknow: that and the fact that the stealership had them sign a purchasing agreement(contract) but didn't have them sign a loan application or finance papers...that's the fishy parts here

why would a dealership be allowed to sell a car/truck/bike if its on consignment...:hmmmm2:

In a case like this the person who holds the title owns the vehicle. The vehicle will be returned to the person who owns the paperwork.

Anything more will need to be sorted out in Criminal And/Or Civil court.

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
On the dealerships behalf its potentially a criminal case as well as civil.

The owner of the vehicle can claim it on the insurance, say it was stolen, and that he had no clue how it got into the dealerships posession.

The guy who gets hurt is the buyer of the stolen property.

The insurance company wont pay out for a stolen vehicle especially if the paperwork is not in the buyers name on several grounds.

Its really going to come down to who says what.

I can insure your car if I wish, I dont need to own it. But if the car gets stolen I dont get compensated for YOUR property. It was your property, and your loss.

Who ever owns the paperwork gets the posession of the vehicle and any insurance money as a result.

If the owner plays stupid its up to the buyer and seller to sort it out in criminal/civil court.

If you go criminal about it the dealership would most likely settle outside of court. Or it may go to court and the dealership may take a plea bargain to get out of going to trial during the arraignment.

Last edited:

T0LLPHR33

"Catwoman"
Reaction score
I HATE how the laws only affect the small guy...while corporations make all the CASH...:thumpdown: this is some BS and if this were to happen to me I would SUE the **** out of the dealership and the insurance company. why have insurance if they are just going to take your cash and not help you when you need it...

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
It all depends on who says what in the incident report. It could go many ways.

If you have a well detailed bill of sale you may be able to claim it under your insurance.

The dealership should of had the title or at least a form filled out for the consignment deal.

Last edited:

T0LLPHR33

"Catwoman"
Reaction score
wise words from a wise man indeed...:biggrin: thanks for clearing that up for me...:top:

It all depends on who says what in the incident report. It could go many ways.

If you have a well detailed bill of sale you may be able to claim it under your insurance.

The dealership should of had the title or at least a form filled out for the consignment deal.

trd_sport

Reaction score
Son is the origanal owner claiming it was stolen after you recieved the vehicle from the dealer? If thats the case he is essentially admitting that you were sold his vehicle from the dealer. If he claims the vehicle was stolen from his possesion then thats another can of worms. You will have to prove that his vehicle was the one sold to you by the dealer. Who has the title? Why in the hell would you take possession of a vehicle without a title? that's recieving stolen property...it really doesnt matter if you paid for it at all, because if its not a legal transaction you have no case. You have to prove what vehicle was actually stolen from your property and that you paid for this vehicle from the dealer.

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
Did the dealer submit any information to DMV upon the completion of the transaction or did you get paperwork?

BLUE X

Reaction score
i dont think so we just got paperwork, as for the insurance they are notified about the whole situation and they told us to dont drop our claim and to dont get in contact with the dealer or the previous owner. The insurance said that they are going to investigate the case. now the other problem ithat the dealer is sharing my gf information with the previous owner and i dont think thats right.

RedXRunner

"Splash Baby Douchecanoe"
Reaction score
i dont think so we just got paperwork, as for the insurance they are notified about the whole situation and they told us to dont drop our claim and to dont get in contact with the dealer or the previous owner. The insurance said that they are going to investigate the case. now the other problem ithat the dealer is sharing my gf information with the previous owner and i dont think thats right.

sucks bro... sounds like a scam big time. keep us posted and dont give in.

TitanRattler813

Reaction score
Have you READ any of that paperwork you got? That obviously should have been done before any names were signed on it, but has it been read since then?

BLUE X

Reaction score
yup everything was read but we didn't see anything wrong until she told me that the guy drom the dealer was going to call her to let her know when can she goe to the credit union and signed the finance papers

RedXRunner

"Splash Baby Douchecanoe"
Reaction score
what type of truck is this? how much did you give to the dealer. how much did the truck cost.

TitanRattler813

Reaction score
yup everything was read but we didn't see anything wrong until she told me that the guy drom the dealer was going to call her to let her know when can she goe to the credit union and signed the finance papers

So it was left up to the dealer guy to contact the credit union for financing? I am just totally confused how this guy would let someone take that truck and has not received a check from a bank, credit union, consumer... someone :dontknow:

If he still owns the title, and has not provided a bill of sale, then that truck was as good as borrowed. Meaning, the vehicle and they keys were in your possession, but they never belonged to you.

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
How did you get the car with out signing the finance papers?

BLUE X

Reaction score
I Have No Idea When She Told Me That I Told Her That Is The First Time Ive Heard Of Something Like That But Did Not Pay To Much Attention To It.

TitanRattler813

Reaction score
Ohhhh, so you weren't there when she bought the truck. I'm thinking the two of you went in there together. That's why I was confused as to why you knew so little about the whole scenario. So all you know is what your gf tells you...?

Top Bottom