Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

horrible experience with Tacotunes

06 xrunner

Reaction score
So I ordered up a bundle of image dynamics 6 1/2" components for my front doors with the mounting baffles on Sept 13th. They were a pretty good price and heard the image dynamics sound great in our trucks. Got my confirmation email and said I would have a tracking # within 72 hours. Sounds all good right? Well 72 hrs rolls by with nothing I end up waiting a week and still nothing. In the mean time I started reading more reviews and not to happy with what I've read people waiting a couple months before receiving product, some not receiving product, horrible customer service, as well as some good reviews.

On the 7th day I emailed tacotunes with no response, then again day 8 and 10 as well as a message on their Facebook page. Day 11 I receive an email apologizing saying their server was down but up and running now and he checking on my order right now. (apparently that's just one of the excuses he likes to use I've read)

So I email him back within 5 min and ask again what the status is of my order has it been shipped? What's tracking# and so on.
Now its been over 24 hours again without even a response.

My next step is gonna be asking for a refund through PayPal which I've told him already I'm gonna do if I dont get a response.
So I would definitely NOT recommend tacotunes to anyone.

Anyone else have an experience like this?

dramad1

Reaction score
That's strange, I've never had an issue w/ them and I have made several orders w/ them. Hmmmm its only been a week, I'd wait it out, I'm sure they are busy.

gearhead899

Reaction score
when i ordered with them everything went smooth :hmmmm2:

Coupe

Reaction score
I ordered some speakers through them. They were out of some of the stock, but I would say it took about a week to 10 days for everything to show up.

06 xrunner

Reaction score
Have you tried calling?

Yep tried calling many times as well usually get a busy signal when it does go through it just rings and goes to machine.

Did you guys get a tracking # with your order?

It's been 13 days since I've ordered and It's been 48 hrs since the one email I received saying he was " checking on my order right now" and haven't heard anything back still

Not sure if I should wait still or cancel my order through PayPal

06 xrunner

Reaction score
Well still no response from tacotunes. Don't know what's going on so if u don't hear anything by the end of the day I'm gonna request a refund and buy from somewhere else

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
If they are avoiding you, and it truly sounds that way, get the refund.

06 xrunner

Reaction score
They posted on facebook yesterday sometime....

I even left them a message on Facebook the other day to get in contact me. Not sure what's going on with them

If they are avoiding you, and it truly sounds that way, get the refund.

Yeah not sure why they not responding at all or what the problem is. Gonna request a refund and get something else I guess. Crappy thing was I was expecting them here by now and installed an amp on Monday for them and was gonna dynamat the doors and install this weekend. Guess I'll have to start looking what other speakers I wanna install

Last edited:

dj_lucas840

Reaction score
Ive Ordered From Them A Few Times And Had No Problem, But The Last Time I Did Have An Issue, Took 3 Weeks To Get It, Then Had An Issue And Wrote Them Every Few Days For A CouplE Weeks, Then They Said They Would Find Out And Get Back To Me, Waited A Week Sent Them Another Message And nothing , That Was Six Months Ago! So Still Have An $80 Piece From Them I Cant Use!!!

06 xrunner

Reaction score
Glad I'm not the only one that has had problems with them.
I sent a request through PayPal for refund and later that day I got an email from tacotunes stating they were sending my order the following day so I requested the tracking # after they send it so I'll see if I get one Monday if not then I have to wa8 till Thursday to ask for the refund which I will do.

They definitely don't respond very well to emails unless you threaten to cancel I've found so hopefully they actually ship now otherwise I will buy from crutchfield. Definitely better customer service there

justin13703

Reaction score
I didn't have any problems with Tacotunes, I only ordered from them once, but I hate it when companies completely avoid taking care of customers when there is an issue, which is exactly what it looks like in this case. "Oh maybe if we ignore him for a month he'll forget that he sent us his money" seems like it happens too much these days.

06 xrunner

Reaction score
Yeah as long as they would communicate back you wouldn't feel like you were getting ripped off. It's how as soon as I initiated a claim with PayPal I had a response back a few hours later.
My buddy was gonna order some stuff for his tundra from them but not now after what's been going on with my order

1GRracer

"Pete"
Reaction score
For what its worth, im local to them and they basicly didnt want my business when i wanted to have them install my audio stuff. Whatever day i tried to arrange (weeks in advance) "that day doesnt work for us" or "we're busy that day." all though emails and fb and with quick responses. I gave up and diy'd it.

Last edited:

06 xrunner

Reaction score
Well after I sent them a message through PayPal I got a reply pretty quick saying "we sent out an automated email saying we were out of stock" well I never received any email from them and 72hrs before they were checking on my order supposedly. Rob said they were receiving a shipment on Friday and he would send them out right away and send me the tracking #. I still haven't received anything from him so I've now made the claim to PayPal asking for my refund.

Just wanted to start this thread so people can see how they deal with customer service. Anyone else feel free to add there stories about their experience with Tacotunes

Last edited:

carlos787

Reaction score
That's messed up!! I was thinking of ordering some stuff but now I might just not.

06 xrunner

Reaction score
Yeah up to you I still haven't heard about my order but once I get my refund I'm probably gonna order from crutchfield I've heard lots of great stuff about them now and their customer service.
If you do order from Tacotunes and have a problem you've been warned LOL

justin13703

Reaction score
Crutchfield is a good place. I've never had any bad experiences with them.

Top Bottom