Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Hotrodt's dyno runs with ls1

Murderface

Reaction score
No need, she can't reach the pedals with the seat all the way forward:laugh: She would have to wear those Pimp Daddy big ass platform shoes to be able to reach even with the seat all the way forward!

BearCat11

Reaction score
Congrats! Nice job and man you did that swap fast! Any video's of a street run yet?

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
I feel exactly the same way about an auto tans as u do. I'm tired of shifting gears, the novelty has worn off in my 20's. My Dakota R/T was an auto(only came auto) and it had a shift kit in it, that thing was a blast to drive and would chirp 2nd gear when taking off at 1/4 throttle. Your right, with a trans set up with the proper stall converter and shift kit there's nothing out there that would be quicker then it shifting. My next ride is gonna have a big V8 with an auto trans, the only problem with owning an auto trans is that my wife would be able to drive it then:thumpdown:

Until you race a manual from a roll, or are racing road courses (or pretty much anything with a turn).

Average autos are good for drag (I 100% agree with you there they can be tuned to be the fastest artificial driver in the 1/4 mile), not so much anything else.

Next ride is a V8 with an auto trans eh? Whats the next whip gonna be?

Don't say Camaro -_-

OK GUYS I GOT THE DYNO NUMBERS AND VIDS. PUT DOWN 298.40WHP AND 303.10 TQ ON FIRST PULL.
http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgNKPqZjKLI

This is a very cool project man, how much time do you have into this entire ordeal to this point?

Last edited:

butters607

Reaction score
I went w auto because I am tired of shifting gears. I just wanna sit back. And cruise. Plus with a shift kit and srall it will shift faster than anyone can shift a stick

Dude I would love the setup with a 4 spd manual that would be sick!

rexrunner

Reaction score
Why not a 6 speed? Or you mean like a jerico shifter? That's still auto .

So sick man

Murderface

Reaction score
No Doug no Camaro for me I'm a MOPAR man. If I can find a sweet deal on a srt8 Magnum I'm in. Always loved that wagon and my parents on a 6 cyl magnum.

wshsbears

Reaction score
when u all start putting down actual power numbers (after heads/cam/differentials) let me know. i have a connection at a shop that specializes in building/installing/tuning LSX engines for street and race. they have a dyno and Geoff Skorupa (owner/tuner) is internationally known for his tuning abilities. most vehicles he tunes are C5/C6 and f-Body cars most with LSX engines. if u need parts, i can help find them! Shop: Next Level Performance, Altamonte Springs, fl

When ur deciding on heads, don't get 243's. they flow well, but for the work, get AFR's or something with fine tuned machining. if ur getting an ls6 intake, why not just get a fast 90 or 102?

too bad the GM 5 lug bolt pattern is different. after all that work, u need some vette wheels lol

looks great! i want to see/drive one!

ACE OF SPADE X

Reaction score
truck is bad ass man i just have one question....
over all so far how much did the hole build run you?

rexrunner

Reaction score
Fast 90 intake is very expensive. Ls6 in 300 max . Not bad for 15plus rwhp. Then head and cams is how u want tye truck to drive. Radical cam is top end and u lose low end. And Michael is thibk doing a ls1 swap is a real mod. Not a bolt on like every mod on this site. The overall numbers don't tell the power, the ls makes much more low end and tq to compensate which helps extremely with accelerqtion. The 1gr making 400 or so , look what they make low end compared. I think its badass already and can only get better with mods but are not necessary.

U can drive mine in Orlando meet if u want, just put gas in it lol

wshsbears

Reaction score
u don't need a radical cam.. get a mid-range cam to compliment the heads. the engine will take care of low and high end power. u could put 450 to the wheels with a good heads cam set-up. also, keep ur eye out for a fast 90.. they sell much cheaper used. i know they're expensive, but if you're doing heads/cam its worth it. if u get the LS6 intake, get one from an 04 C5. i'd be willing to bet that ur stock ls1 in the X will beat a 400hp SC XR both in a road course and drag race, pending u can get off the line.. u have the 6spd T56 in urs right Justin? u shouldn't whine about putting gas in it.. u should get 20mpg thats what i get in my vette and u know how i drive..

i guess ill have to be sure i make it to the orlando meet.. i want to drive it!

hotrodt

Reaction score
when u all start putting down actual power numbers (after heads/cam/differentials) let me know. i have a connection at a shop that specializes in building/installing/tuning LSX engines for street and race. they have a dyno and Geoff Skorupa (owner/tuner) is internationally known for his tuning abilities. most vehicles he tunes are C5/C6 and f-Body cars most with LSX engines. if u need parts, i can help find them! Shop: Next Level Performance, Altamonte Springs, fl

When ur deciding on heads, don't get 243's. they flow well, but for the work, get AFR's or something with fine tuned machining. if ur getting an ls6 intake, why not just get a fast 90 or 102?

too bad the GM 5 lug bolt pattern is different. after all that work, u need some vette wheels lol

looks great! i want to see/drive one!
LOL! OK IF WE LOOK AT THE DYNO SHEETS AND COMPARE THE CURVES YOU WILL SEE THE DIFF. JUST AS THE OLD SAYING GOES "HP DOESNT WIN RACES TORQUE DOES" OK WITH THAT SAID I PUT DOWN 317 TQ AT THE WHEELS. SOME OF YOU S/C GUY ARE PUTTING DOWN WHAT 390ISH TQ? OK SO THATS A DIFF OF SAY...75ISH FTLBS DIFF. WOW NOT A BIG DIFF. PLUS YOU HAVE TO LOOK AT WHERE THE TQ COMES IN AT. OK ARE WE SEEING THE DIFF NOW????? YOU CAN HAVE ALL THE HP IN THE WORLD BUT IF YOU DONT HAVE GOOD TQ YOU HAVE NOTHING. SO WITH ME AND JUSTIN DOIN ONE OF THE BIGGETS "MODS" OUT THERE. JUSTIN BY FAR IS THE HEAVIEST MODIFIED. WE ARENT JUST BOLT ONS HERE. THIS IS A ENG SWAP!! AND FOR THE ACTUAL $$$$ I HAVE IN MINE OUT OF POCKET IS 1,000-1,500 DOLLARS. KEEP IN MIND THAT MOST OF THE FUNDS CAME FROM SELLING MY STOCK STUFF AND GOT THE ENG AND TRANS ON A TRADE. SO FOR THOSE OF YOU TELLING ME ITS TIME TO START MODDIN.....WHAT WOULD YOU SAY WE JUST ACCOMPLISHED HERE?:stupid:

And as far as a fast 90 or 102 they arent worth the money unless you plan on spinning your eng up to 7500. The 102 shows its best gains way up top. I never plan on goin over 6500. And the ls6 intake will do just fine from idle to 6500. If you lay dyno sheets over one another with the fast and a ls6 you wont see much diff unitl way up top. Unless you have a fully built high comp engine with massive cam that can make power up top. So for the $$$ ls6 is way to go. Im goin with a ms3 cam. I will loose some in the bottom but that will help me from spinning so much out the gate. As of right now im getting 20-25mpg i dont see anyone in a x getting that. And for heads a pair of 5.3 heads cnc and port and polished will raise compression and flow way better than the ls1 heads. With a h/c/i mod i wont spend over 2300

Last edited:

2006nightrider

Reaction score
He could get replicas with the same bolt pattern as the X...cheaper then the OEM's-->

P9120170.jpg

P9120174.jpg

Murderface

Reaction score
Hey that looks like EFest East 09 in those pics. For the short time I was there I had a blast, whish the wives were more lenient and let me and the co-pilot stay longer:eviltongue:

Also don't let Washbrs get u all razzled, he's made some pretty stupid comments to me a long time ago that showed his age and inexperience.

hotrodt

Reaction score
This thread is getting hissy...:hmmmm2:

Lol. No just stating the facts and making a point. Its cool that everyone has their own opinions but don't hate on ppl. :crinklehair:

butters607

Reaction score
Lol. No just stating the facts and making a point. Its cool that everyone has their own opinions but don't hate on ppl. :crinklehair:

I agree even if your not happy with the person no need for a announcement it starts drama thanks and its causing thread jacking from this guy that has worked his butt off doing this ls swap

Red-XR-Pride

Reaction score
congratz its BA and if my X was just where yours is at when im done id be happy. Dont matter how much horsepower your 1gr has people. it will never sound better then his LS1 with a sexy full exhaust. Fact:

Murderface

Reaction score
I think ur HP numbers are pretty solid, people forget that auto trans' loose a little more power then a manual. If I could drop an LS1 in my truck I'd do it just like urs.....with an auto

hotrodt

Reaction score
Thanks guys. There will always be haters though. I hope to see more swaps on here.

Top Bottom