Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

I tried E85 and it was FAST!

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
I don't think the RTR is a disgrace. It still has cats (4 or 2?) its only running the TRD bolt-ons for the 5.7 intake, supercharger, and maybe trd cat back plus th 10.5 rear end with custom suspension and slicks. If it was modded all the way then I think it would MUCH better.

Its a 500 HP+ 550 ft-lb supercharged 5.7 V8 engine in a tacoma backed by lots of money that was prepped by professionals for racing running a deep 12 second 1/4 mile.

That is a disgrace bro im sorry; I think an amateur on a budget could of pulled that off.

my favorite part is the smell. It smells like a sweet candy marshmellow fruity smell to it. :laugh:

**** yeah! I loved that about it! Anyone trailing behind you can smell it in their car too!

WHITE LIGHTNING BITCHES!

Last edited:

Super Werty

Reaction score
I turned off the recirc so it would come into the cab:laugh::laugh:

trd_sport

Reaction score
Yeah..............this is a v6 truck. Lets have a race moving shit around town lol.

earnesje

Reaction score
Hey, werty are you lauching with stock offroad tires? Is the transfer case in 4H the whole time you are going down the track? Do you start in D or 1st and then go up to D? When the light turns green do you just floor it and the truck takes off? Did you remove the back seat,spare tire, and the tail gate? Just want to know the advantages of lauching in 4wd verses 2wd. Could a prerunner auto v6 with the same mods produce times like yours. Also wondering if weight differance with 4wd compared to 2wd would affect anything. Do you have a traction bar of some sort or are you on stock suspension, lift or no lift? What size tires are running?

Sproulesxrunner

Reaction score
Great job! Do you have any updated dynos to see the difference between 93 and E85 fuel? I'm curious.

WCD

Reaction score
1.766 60' should pin you back into that seat. :top:

Murderface

Reaction score
Will just wanted to thank u for explaining to me in detail how to load XTune with that E85 map:top: Ur instructions were very simple and I never knew it was that easy to do. So I have the E85 map loaded on my X-1 and a gas map on the thumb drive. Now all that's left to do is get a data log to send to APR for review.

My review is antone that is capable of running it with their TRD blower and can get to a pump should do it immediTely! The power increase is impressive for sure, 4th gear pulls like 3rd gear did on pump gas 93 octane! CRAZY FAST

DERRIXRYD

Reaction score
We can still run the E85 on a 668 tune?
My tune is Tta40.04XF.F3_668.03

blueblazeracer

Reaction score
do all the fuel components in the tacoma hold up the E85? It might eats away the rubber in the fuel system or did you replace it with higher quality hosing? Ive been thinking about going with E85 for my 99 tacoma turbo build but I know i need to check the hosing.

livinginsa

Reaction score
I have been running E85 for months and no problems. I have the 668 injectors, larger fuel pump (255), and the tune for it from APR. I know two others that have been running it longer than me without any problems. One of them is that outlaw guy, banned from this site, and mostly seen on the customtacos site. He is running two fuel pumps, some special $2,000+ double fuel pump kit made by David of APR. I don't think most of us need that much, just the Walboro 255 fuel pump for fuel delivery.

E85 mileage isn't as good but E85 is cheaper. We only have three stations in San Antonio that sell it. Right now, I am down to a 1/4 of a tank so I have to use my other car until I have a reason to head off to an area that has the E85. I am not sure how to handle this. I am thinking I should buy a five gallon plastic gas container to keep at the house, a 2nd fuel tank, or get a large fuel tank. If they would just open one of these E85 stations in my neighborhood, that would solve this problem for me.

Murderface

Reaction score
^^^^right but Derrick has no 7th injector on his X. I don't know anyone who has ran E85 with no 7th injector and don't think it's possible because of the primaries IDC.

Top Bottom