Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

i want to paint my x brace

rich017

Reaction score
how much pounds is that?
i like put back my recently painted x brace(red) but dont know how tight it should be

anywhere from 60-80 ft-lbs will be good enough. I just impacted mine on there. It's a not a wheel or anything

The stock U-bolts are only tightened to 75, lol

XKruiser

Reaction score
red looks hot. i wanted to try something different on my swb. anyone running a green x brace?

xr_sky1ine3

Reaction score
red looks hot. i wanted to try something different on my swb. anyone running a green x brace?

so far, ive seen:
BSP:
Red
Pink
green
yellow
silver
white
blue

on swb
yellow
white
silver

RR
None :thumpdown:

X-Runner_R1

Reaction score
Just 4 bolts:

CIMG0218.jpg

Here's a bunch of pics of other painted x-braces:
http://www.xr-underground.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=26476

funny it's called an "x" brace, looks more like a "k" to me:dontknow:

MORT-RUNNER

Reaction score
Amazing how far this so called mod has come. Haha! I remember talking with a member on here in 2006 about this. We all did it, then like a year later, someone caught on and everyone did it. Kinda funny. As for the pic above, looks good, but kinda pointless since you really don't see the black part.

Reaction score
I never even Took mine off i Just taped da bottom 2 bolts and some other areas. took less den 2 min. then just spray patinted Red that took about 4 min. no needed to take it off waiste time. don't need to spray da back of da x brace can't see it. even if it u sprayed it shity no 1 can tell unless u go under da truck and look close. my Choice just spray and pray. mine looks ok to me did my friends 1 2 looks good to him ! Shootz ohh and if u get a drop it even harder to see so leav um on !

PiNkY

Reaction score
anyone have some pics of the BSP w/ green? this was the route I wanted to go but haven't pulled the trigger just yet

PiNkY

Reaction score
Thanks Amarillo - i'm sold now just to find the right shade

Amarillo X

Reaction score
Valve covers, xbrace and coils is just enough to tie it all in together and will garner MANY compliments:top: just not from lvxr....

Canadian Girl

Reaction score
My bsp with silver x brace

DSCF2605.jpg

Nice I like the silver different :)

Thanks Amarillo - i'm sold now just to find the right shade

Sounds weird but go to a craft store. They have some awesome colors. That is where I had to get mine from. My friend power coated mine orginally and the color was not right. Not bright enough. Then just clear it. Takes a little bit longer but worth it.

Last edited:

Baggins44

Reaction score
I wanted to do something diffrent..... Thought about yellow, but went with a gloss white, And I love it :rockon:

Attachments

• 100_4649.jpg
    100_4649.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 91
Top Bottom