Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

iPhone Seems Quiet

JFrame

Reaction score
When I play music through my iPod via the AUX port in the truck it doesn't seem to get very loud. However if I play the radio or a CD it seems fine. I have to put the iPod on full blast as well as turn the truck volume up to max and it's still not quite as load as I would like.

Is there anything I can do to tweak it so it's as loud through the AUX port as CD's?

redarkx

Reaction score
I don't know man. I know my CD's are louder than my AM/FM so it may just be that the CD is the loudest. :dontknow:

Xoverdose

Reaction score
I have this same issue. I dont know what causes it or if there is a way to fix it. When I first got the X i synced my phone to the blu-logic and it was playing over that and much quieter than the aux input. Then I realized I needed to change my settings to play through the headphone jack and that helped quite a bit. Felt like such a noob after I did that haha. But other than that idk. Let me know if you find a way to get it louder.

STONER-X

Reaction score
how old is the cord?.... do you have a case on the phone?

i had to trim the insulator a tad to fit between my case and connect all the way..

also if the cord is cheap or old the movement of hooking and unhooking will start to break the little wires inside of the cord...

i have had pocket lint make its way down the hole you may need to get a tooth pick or a small pick of some kind to see if there is nothing down there...

then check in the stereo settings to see if there is an AUX volume setting... it could be turned down..

check that stuff out and go from there.... also grab a set of headphones and see if they work ok...

08x

Reaction score
its your cord honestly ive had a few people come into my shop and complain about that i pull a brand new cord off the parts area and its fixed its werid but true

justin13703

Reaction score
how old is the cord?.... do you have a case on the phone?

i had to trim the insulator a tad to fit between my case and connect all the way..

also if the cord is cheap or old the movement of hooking and unhooking will start to break the little wires inside of the cord...

i have had pocket lint make its way down the hole you may need to get a tooth pick or a small pick of some kind to see if there is nothing down there...

then check in the stereo settings to see if there is an AUX volume setting... it could be turned down..

check that stuff out and go from there.... also grab a set of headphones and see if they work ok...

He covered pretty much everything. Get a new cable, make sure the case lets it seat properly and theres no debris in the aux connectors. Also on the Sony's I believe there is a setting called SLA they will let you bump up or down the volume of each source input...check for that and make sure it's not turned down. Also try to plug your phone into another radio with an aux to see if it does the same thing to see if it may be a radio or iPhone issue.

JFrame

Reaction score
I'll check the hole in the phone and see if there is any debris in it. I have tried 3 different AUX cables and nothing works. I am just using the stock AUX port and head unit in the truck and as far as I know there aren't settings in the head to adjust AUX input. (Haven't checked though). I have the 4G and I've taken it out of the case thinking that was the problem.

Headphones however play loud as hell on the phone.

I don't know I have this Sony HU:
http://m.store.sony.com/mt/store.so...10151&langId=-1&productId=8198552921666372151

And the face flips down and a tray pops out where u lay ur IPhone on it, plug it into the bottom of the phone, then push the tray back in a close the faceplate. My IPhone 4s sounds great thru it and my old 3Gs does too.

I'd check ur chords or something

That sounds pretty slick, do you have any pics of it installed on your truck?

Last edited:

JFrame

Reaction score
Man I think it's just the AUX port that sucks in the truck. Now I have a HTC One X w/ the Beats Audio and it's loud as fauk in my headphones but still quite on full blast via AUX port in stock 09' system. I've tried 3 different brands of AUX cable too - Monster, Belkin, and some knock off.

Gadget

Reaction score
Turn the volume up on the iPhone its self.

My wife had the same problem in her new Rav4 and once that was done it worked great.

G

JFrame

Reaction score
Turn the volume up on the iPhone its self.

My wife had the same problem in her new Rav4 and once that was done it worked great.

G

I've done that, and like I said I don't have the iPhone anymore and it's the same story with this phone, my girlfriends iPhone, and my brothers Droid X.

justin13703

Reaction score
It's an issue with the truck radio/aux port. The only way to get rid of it will be to put a new radio in.

justin13703

Reaction score
Gives you a good excuse to put a nice double din in there lol

JFrame

Reaction score
Hah, I feel yah. Just have to save up the coin. I don't want to half ass it when I upgrade so I'll probably have my buddy do a full system and make a custom box for me. He does a lot of work for the local car show guys. Now just have to decide how bad I like those back seats?!?! If I ditch them it opens so many doors.

JFrame

Reaction score
is there a setting in the radio to adjust it?

No, I just have the stock radio in the truck and there is virtually no adjustable settings with this thing. AUX port gets very little influence from the Bass/Treble settings as well.

justin13703

Reaction score
Hah, I feel yah. Just have to save up the coin. I don't want to half ass it when I upgrade so I'll probably have my buddy do a full system and make a custom box for me. He does a lot of work for the local car show guys. Now just have to decide how bad I like those back seats?!?! If I ditch them it opens so many doors.

Have him build you a box that keeps the back seats. I have a 10 back there and I can still use both my back seats, I just can't open them with the box in there. Mines a Subbin box.

TommyXrunner

Reaction score
When I play music through my iPod via the AUX port in the truck it doesn't seem to get very loud. However if I play the radio or a CD it seems fine. I have to put the iPod on full blast as well as turn the truck volume up to max and it's still not quite as load as I would like.

Is there anything I can do to tweak it so it's as loud through the AUX port as CD's?

if you use an iphone it will be considerably quieter than an ipod. i have no idea why but try your ipod rather than iphone. much louder for me :top:

Top Bottom