Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

IPT Valve Body

Gadget

Reaction score
Yes, it has a URD Stage I prototype supercharger system on it.

G

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
Sweet man, be sure to post a video if you can so we can see the difference.

Super Werty

Reaction score
UPDATE!!!!

Ok so I got everything in! Install went pretty smooth. Fluid in with this awesome pump I found that works great. And......and.........

dead battery:motz::laugh:

currently waiting for my Dad to get here and give me a jump:smile:

EDIT #2

Got the battery running and went for a drive. Shifts hard and fast. Just like they said it would. I'll probably do a more in depth review later this week. I want to get some miles on it.

Last edited:

ntinhri

Reaction score
VIDEO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Mano

Reaction score
UPDATE!!!!

Ok so I got everything in! Install went pretty smooth. Fluid in with this awesome pump I found that works great. And......and.........

dead battery:motz::laugh:

currently waiting for my Dad to get here and give me a jump:smile:

EDIT #2

Got the battery running and went for a drive. Shifts hard and fast. Just like they said it would. I'll probably do a more in depth review later this week. I want to get some miles on it.

Cool what kinda of pump did you use to refill the trans ..? i had this mod on my 04 taco and i loved the way it shifted but this trans is a little different .. So hows chirpin 2nd gear .? can you chirp 3rd too gotta love than feeling ..:top:

Yes, it has a URD Stage I prototype supercharger system on it.

G

Is it using the Mapecu 2 or the X1 to control fuel and timing ..?

Last edited:

Super Werty

Reaction score
Alright I have put about 150 miles on it this week, so here is a little mini review

The trucks drives very different now. It's like going from normal to race mode...only now Im permanently in race mode.

The shifts happen at the same times they used to only you feel it hit much harder and it takes less than half the time it used to.

There is no noise during the shift. It's still a quiet shift, but you most def feel it...its like hitting a bump in the road. The 1-2 shift, no matter if you drive slow or fast is the hardest. Even crawling along slowly it bumps real hard into 2nd. The 2-3, 3-4 shifts are slitghly less thud-ish. And the 4-5 is real smooth. After about 100 miles it seems much better than when you first try it out....I think the new fluid just needed to circulate a little.

It took me awhile to get used to driving around town, but I am getting used to it.

Now when you get on it, the truck is awesome. It's definitely faster. Not just the shifts but it seems to accel faster....Im wondering now if it was slipping a little before. Im positive I will have a faster time and mph next race I go to. And yes it rips wheel like crazy in 2wd. From a roll it gets into gear and accels so much faster than before

And oddly enough, I seem to be getting better gas mileage, 2-3 mpg more. Which is surprising considering Ive been driving it kinda hard this week while enjoying it. I'll have to confirm that one after a few more tanks of gas.

pulling the vb out took about 2-3 hrs and Install time is about 2-3 hrs. I was sick with tonsillitis though, so I kept having to leave and get some cough drops:laugh: Now that Ive done it I could easily have done it faster.

I used this pump for the fluid...it screwed right onto the 1 gallon jug of amsoil and I pumped 8 qts into the trans in just a few min. :top: It has this thing on it that holds the hose in place on the trans so I didnt spill at all. I used a 3/8 rubber hose to lengthen it so it would get the bottom of the gallon of amsoil. I wish we had this 2 weeks ago at our tucson meet...a few guys did the amsoil diff fluid and we didnt have a pump.

http://www.causa.com/store/catalog.asp?item=3919&navParent_id=132&category_id=159&page=2

Oh and IPT sent me a new pan gasket...so dont bother ordering a new one:top: They also did the VB the day they received it and sent it out the same day:top:

So far Im happy with this mod. It's a little extreme for a daily driver, but so is a supercharger and a full race exhaust:laugh:

Dekar12

Reaction score
Would really love to see an in cab video of a normal driving and then one with you wot.

Still so on the fence on this upgrade, but I think I am going to wear my transmission out if I don't. ><

Murderface

Reaction score
Why is it taking sooooo long for the king of videos to put out a video?

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
That's a damn good deal bro. Now put a True Trac in and get even better traction:top:

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
yeah, that is Gtmoy. Haha at Grumpy again.

Top Bottom