Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Is it too early......XFW 09???

THE MACF

Reaction score
So I'm probably jumping the gun by asking this but I just had to know and I think alot of other people do to.....

Are there any plans for X-Fest West 2009 yet???

I'm really looking forward to it this year. :rock:

T0LLPHR33

"Catwoman"
Reaction score
i tried asking the west coast moderators...and never got an answer...:thumpdown:

I too want to go to an X-Fest since I wasn't able to attend last years 1 at Lake Havasu...

THE MACF

Reaction score
I'm sure they have something up their sleeves. I wanted to go to East last year since it was only 5 hours away but couldn't get the leave. I need some good truck fun after not having it for 5 months

2006nightrider

Reaction score
i tried asking the west coast moderators...and never got an answer...:thumpdown:
Its probably because at the time, they weren't sure.

Patience my friend:biggrin:
I'm sure they have something up their sleeves.
The XRU staff has been working on it, especially the west coast staff.

Even for a couple day event, takes months of planning. Keep in mind that we have to find a location (which it one of the hardest parts), make phone calls for reservations, try to get group rates, crunch numbers, then decide on final location, plan events around location (dinner, activities, etc.), then announce it to the public; and doing all of this on top of having full time jobs, families, managing the site, etc...The staff likes to make sure all of our ducks are in a row and that everybody is on the same page before we announce anything.:top:

The last thing we need is for a big event to be planned, announce it to you guys...then have something fall through and everyone gets let down....that ain't fun for anyone:laugh:

xXLuckyiAMXx07

Reaction score
Its probably because at the time, they weren't sure.

Patience my friend:biggrin:

Even for a couple day event, takes months of planning. Keep in mind that we have to find a location (which it one of the hardest parts), make phone calls for reservations, try to get group rates, crunch numbers, then decide on final location, plan events around location (dinner, activities, etc.), then announce it to the public; and doing all of this on top of having full time jobs, families, managing the site, etc...The staff likes to make sure all of our ducks are in a row and that everybody is on the same page before we announce anything.:top:

The last thing we need is for a big event to be planned, announce it to you guys...then have something fall through and everyone gets let down....that ain't fun for anyone:laugh:

Make sense :top:

for right now can we through out some west coast areas?

Los Angeles Ca/Observatory/National Forrest Angeles Crest/ just an idea

Never been to XF before.

THE MACF

Reaction score

Thank you David. I was just looking for a little teaser info to get me through these last two months. Thanks for all the work you and everyone else puts into the website.:rock: It's been a big help over here while I'm away from my X. :top:

Venomous_X

Reaction score
So, I hate to be "that guy" but Is there going to be an event that any of us southerners get to go to?, last years event was a 16 hour drive, and havasu was a bit further than that. The economy sucks, but still, would be nice to feel included in an event. :top: Just a thought, not to mention we had about the same outcome at grumpy's house just for a mod day january, so the people isn't an issue either. Come on guys, I know im an asshole, but I deserve some fun too :biggrin:

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
If they do an East Coast, that will be perfect for the SE guys. Either way, I am going.

Last edited:

TitanRattler813

Reaction score
So, I hate to be "that guy" but Is there going to be an event that any of us southerners get to go to?, last years event was a 16 hour drive, and havasu was a bit further than that. The economy sucks, but still, would be nice to feel included in an event. :top: Just a thought, not to mention we had about the same outcome at grumpy's house just for a mod day january, so the people isn't an issue either. Come on guys, I know im an asshole, but I deserve some fun too :biggrin:

We have a similiar issue with AZ and Cali.

Huntinton Beach turn outs are pretty good among the Cali group. ICEMAN's house is the best Phoenix/Tucson meet spot. It's just when it involves an actual drive, most ppl don't show for whatever reason :dontknow:

THE MACF

Reaction score
And all the Florida people are in America's wang. :biggrin:

I don't care I'm going to both this year. I driven from FWB to Dallas by myself lot's of times. Sucks but if it's for a good cause....

T0LLPHR33

"Catwoman"
Reaction score
hey David...if Las Vegas was still floating in the ideas of location I could get us deals as far as rooms at the Westin Casuarina Las Vegas where I work at. It is half a block away from the strip. I can get it as cheap as $69 a night probably a little less depending on how many members are attending...

Venomous_X

Reaction score
Ill drive to america's wang for an xfest, but thats east, not west.....:biggrin:

Spyder327

Reaction score
We have a similiar issue with AZ and Cali.

Huntinton Beach turn outs are pretty good among the Cali group. ICEMAN's house is the best Phoenix/Tucson meet spot. It's just when it involves an actual drive, most ppl don't show for whatever reason :dontknow:

Exactly.

hey David...if Las Vegas was still floating in the ideas of location I could get us deals as far as rooms at the Westin Casuarina Las Vegas where I work at. It is half a block away from the strip. I can get it as cheap as $69 a night probably a little less depending on how many members are attending...

I'd say Vegas is probably out as this point, since we'd run into age issues with plenty of people probably still being under 21.

THE MACF

Reaction score
I'd say Vegas is probably out as this point, since we'd run into age issues with plenty of people probably still being under 21.

I think that was discussed in the poll after XFE. Not to mention that many nice trucks in a posssible high crime area. :thumpdown: No thanks.

T0LLPHR33

"Catwoman"
Reaction score
ok that's fine...is there any ideas as far as different locations and the dates that you guys are looking at. I have to put in for vacation almost 2 months ahead of time...also depends on what our contracts look like that will let me know if my boss will sign off on the vacation...which sucks

but like I said before I want to attend XFest West for sure...:biggrin:

I think that was discussed in the poll after XFE. Not to mention that many nice trucks in a posssible high crime area. :thumpdown: No thanks.

and LA or any other big city doesn't have a high crime rate...:stupid:

Last edited:

Venomous_X

Reaction score
I dont mind driving, but a three day weekend event with a traveltime of 15+ hours one way is a bit much? :dontknow: I will make a drive for a decent sized meet, but Im not driving 5 hours to meet one person. :thumpdown: I just wanna smack david once, and Ill be happy :biggrin:

Spyder327

Reaction score
ok that's fine...is there any ideas as far as different locations and the dates that you guys are looking at. I have to put in for vacation almost 2 months ahead of time...also depends on what our contracts look like that will let me know if my boss will sign off on the vacation...which sucks

We'll try to have things together with a big enough time frame where everyone can request their time off, etc.

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
So, I hate to be "that guy" but Is there going to be an event that any of us southerners get to go to?, last years event was a 16 hour drive

Just wanted to make a couple of notes about this post b/c I'm sure you're not the only person that feels this way.

1. According to Google Maps, LaPlace, LA to Pigeon Forge, TN is a 10 hour drive... not 16. Granted 10 hours is no cake walk either but I do know for a fact that Shane, David (blackx-runner) and Jim (8ate8) and a few others drove 10+ hours for last year's meet. So it's not out of reason. I drove 9+ hours for X-Fest 2007.

2. Speaking of X-Fest 2007, it was in Atlanta; I doubt you'll ever see an X-Fest any further South than that. Once it goes too far south we exclude way too many people from the North/Mississippi River areas. Although the first official XRU meet was X-Fest Micro in March 2007 in Orlando. So technically, there have been 2 official XRU meets in the South.

3. This year's meet will be in the Northern part of the East Coast. We were supposed to XF08 in the north and it ended up bombing because we couldn't nail down our location and events. Pigeon Forge was a backup b/c Steven was very familiar with the area and was able to offer some options that we could pull together quickly. It was also reasonably centrally located.

4. More than likely XF10 will be closer to the Mississippi river. That was the plan originally for this year, but the North has been shafted time and time again so this time we roll there.

Lastly - if we could do it, within reason, we would do 3 X-Fest's, West, East, and Central. But these events take tons of planning to bring together. It's hard enough to do two events - which most Auto forums don't even do; most do 1 event and you either go or you don't. But we know that we have just as big a following on both coasts and luckily we have some XRU staffers on the WC to help organize those events. Then again, I also know that we have a lot of members in TX --- which is why I think the staff is trying to find a location central to SoCal and East Texas - as best they can. But then again, you're asking most everyone to commit to a long drive. You can quickly see the potential pitfalls in organizing these events.

Just don't want people to think that we're leaving them out. But if you're waiting to go to a meet that's in your backyard, you better just give up the hope of going to a bigger meet. The reason bigger meets happen is b/c people commit to travel to them.

Hope this explains a bit more.

Venomous_X

Reaction score
Just wanted to make a couple of notes about this post b/c I'm sure you're not the only person that feels this way.

1. According to Google Maps, LaPlace, LA to Pigeon Forge, TN is a 10 hour drive... not 16. Granted 10 hours is no cake walk either but I do know for a fact that Shane, David (blackx-runner) and Jim (8ate8) and a few others drove 10+ hours for last year's meet. So it's not out of reason. I drove 9+ hours for X-Fest 2007.

2. Speaking of X-Fest 2007, it was in Atlanta; I doubt you'll ever see an X-Fest any further South than that. Once it goes too far south we exclude way too many people from the North/Mississippi River areas. Although the first official XRU meet was X-Fest Micro in March 2007 in Orlando. So technically, there have been 2 official XRU meets in the South.

3. This year's meet will be in the Northern part of the East Coast. We were supposed to XF08 in the north and it ended up bombing because we couldn't nail down our location and events. Pigeon Forge was a backup b/c Steven was very familiar with the area and was able to offer some options that we could pull together quickly. It was also reasonably centrally located.

4. More than likely XF10 will be closer to the Mississippi river. That was the plan originally for this year, but the North has been shafted time and time again so this time we roll there.

Lastly - if we could do it, within reason, we would do 3 X-Fest's, West, East, and Central. But these events take tons of planning to bring together. It's hard enough to do two events - which most Auto forums don't even do; most do 1 event and you either go or you don't. But we know that we have just as big a following on both coasts and luckily we have some XRU staffers on the WC to help organize those events. Then again, I also know that we have a lot of members in TX --- which is why I think the staff is trying to find a location central to SoCal and East Texas - as best they can. But then again, you're asking most everyone to commit to a long drive. You can quickly see the potential pitfalls in organizing these events.

Just don't want people to think that we're leaving them out. But if you're waiting to go to a meet that's in your backyard, you better just give up the hope of going to a bigger meet. The reason bigger meets happen is b/c people commit to travel to them.

Hope this explains a bit more.
hmm, I wish I had your map :thumpdown: course we were supposed to be convoying, but that didnt go as planned either. :frown: Lets see what happens :rockon:pS, Ive driven 4+ hours to meets, and plan to do it again shortly....so I hope that wasn't directed to me, because I do try to go to every meet that I can and that work as well as my family permits.

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
hmm, I wish I had your map :thumpdown: course we were supposed to be convoying, but that didnt go as planned either. :frown: Lets see what happens :rockon:pS, Ive driven 4+ hours to meets, and plan to do it again shortly....so I hope that wasn't directed to me, because I do try to go to every meet that I can and that work as well as my family permits.

FYI - none of that, less the part quoted below was directed toward you specifically. I was speaking more about "you" in general when I said "you" or "you're" above. I probably should've said "people" instead. Just want to be clear.

K2 said:
According to Google Maps, LaPlace, LA to Pigeon Forge, TN is a 10 hour drive... not 16.

Top Bottom