Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

KETCHUP not sold...SHE LIVES!!!!!

Baggins44

Reaction score
Good to hear she ain't going no where, to many peeps dumping their X's latley

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
Keith,
Absolutely the best new that we could hear about the outcome of this whole debacle. Well other than the motor is still good and you don't have to go through another transplant. Glad to see Ketchup will be living on with you where it belongs. :top:

RedXRunner

"Splash Baby Douchecanoe"
Reaction score
We couldn't let you drive that Focus. Glad you're keeping her.

HiTek21

Reaction score
Wow, I thought it was the end of a legend. Glad to hear its fixed.

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
thank god no focus

Wow, I thought it was the end of a legend. Glad to hear its fixed.

^^ x2 - I think we all know that there are some cornerstones to this community. Yours is one of them and as many have said, it's good to see it staying in the family where it belongs. :top::top:

KETCHUP

Reaction score
UPDATE:

So today I finally got it to run N/A with absoultly no CELs. Spend 4 hours yesterday going over things. Before I put the blower back on this weekend, I am installing new cam cover gaskets. Also going to check the cam gears and timing. Those that don't know, we transplanted that motor in a record 2 days. From blown motor to running used motor. No doubt I have found some issues. Anyone that has done an engine swap knows how mentally and physically exhausting it is. We left a few bolts loose. Lost 3 nuts off my headers, bolt off my starter, trash and cig butts in my engine bay. I am not fully confident that my motor now isn't hurt. Still no smoking. Runs a tad rough, but actually seems it is getting better each time I start and drive it. Also found (what ever they are called) on gasket that goes in the engine that the injector sits in with a crack and loose. Fixed that. Just been a lot of crap. I stopped asking myself why and just kept fixing things as I found them. It feels so good to be able to run down the block without the power cutting down like it was before. Plan is to get all mentioned done and throw the X1 and blower back on. Hey, if she blows up.....at least I know what caused it. I too am glad I am keeping it. I can't tell you how much sleep I have lost over the last few weeks. I think the focus was nice, but was just masking my being upset about my X. On this motor or another one, I will keep KETCHUP. That is the only way I can be happy I think. Way too connected with her. MRSKETCHUP has been so supportive. I know she gets frustrated too, but she has been helping me each night till I feel my work is done. She is def my strength in rough times. Thanks XRU for the warm comments and the occasional kick in the sack. I needed every bit of it!!!!

06alaswb

Reaction score
well congrats bro, even tho i wanted those headers im glad everything is turning around for you

KETCHUP

Reaction score
yea man, I know. I love helping folks out, but this time I had to "focus"......(yall like that lol).....on what was really important.

06alaswb

Reaction score
hey man do u have any pics of that xrunner 3rd brake light?

KETCHUP

Reaction score
Somewhere. Its actually just a sticker u can buy off eBay. Then I panted the edges so that the light only comes thru the xrunner of the sticker.

drove the truck to work today. Ran fine. But popped 0441. Dang charcoal canister. Time for more repairs.[/B]

darthyota

Reaction score
Somewhere. Its actually just a sticker u can buy off eBay. Then I panted the edges so that the light only comes thru the xrunner of the sticker.

drove the truck to work today. Ran fine. But popped 0441. Dang charcoal canister. Time for more repairs.[/B]

I thought you just did the charcoal canister

2006nightrider

Reaction score
Keith - you might want to change your mod list-->

~2005 RR X FOR SALE $14K!~
Mods: ALL MODS FOR SALE

And maybe change it to:
Mods: Brokeback X-Runner

:smile:

GaX-Runner

Reaction score

And maybe change it to:

:rofl: hahahaha....that's harsh....yet funny!

KETCHUP

Reaction score

And maybe change it to:

Just for u David. Remind me to kick u in the sack when I get the chance!! lol

ok, all jokes aside....I got some good updates

Discovered that I may have a bad valve cover gasket on the pass side. If so, that might explain the extra amount of oil/ blow by.

Also, The truck is actually running good. I found that both nuts that hold my headers to the mounting bracket (where it meets the collectors) fell off. Could explain the bouncing in the truck feel on idle.

Also, getting an expection sticker on Monday. Can't say too much about that.

And finally, we were refinancing our house for a lower interest rate (5.5 to 4.5) and we just found out the deal went thru. We get to skip a mortgage payment and get our esc paid back.

Everything is working out. Going to get that gasket changed, change the oil, and get the X1, blower, and all other componets in.

:biggrin:

Last edited:
Top Bottom